Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
catgirldanni

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default From Sidekick to Blackberry Pearl with T-mobile without blackberry plan

Please Login to Remove!

OK Im totally new at this and I cant figure it out to save my life. I just traded phones with a friend and I had a sidekick 3 data plan. People have told me that I do not need to change my plan to the blackberry data plan to use the internet. I dont even have an icon under menu to "set up internet" I dont know if thats normal. I need to know what to do . So far I have downloaded the Desktop Manager on my laptop and for some god awful reason when I plug it in and download all the drivers the manger does NOT recognize the phone. I cant get what the problem is. My USB is obviously working because it asks me to download drivers for the new device. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do. I just need my browser and my IM services.....

Thank You!
Danielle
Old 10-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Your friend is wrong. The Sidekick plan only works for the Sidekick. Nothing else.

You need the Blackberry plan.

The only reason I could think of why you want to keep the Sidekick plan is because of the unlimited text messaging. If that's the case, you need the following plans..

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d...7-3ec0885e2004
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d...1-a45eaf224493
Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
catgirldanni

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy View Post
Your friend is wrong. The Sidekick plan only works for the Sidekick. Nothing else.

You need the Blackberry plan.

The only reason I could think of why you want to keep the Sidekick plan is because of the unlimited text messaging. If that's the case, you need the following plans..

Unsupported Browser
Unsupported Browser
OK I actually like the 79.99 plan but that doesnt solve the problem with why the phone is not being recognized by the desktop manager. Im gonna go to t-mobile to see a friend and I hope that he can fix the prob for me but if now u guys will hear from me again. Thanks for the plans I didnt know there were min and data plans set like that for the blackberry. Very helpful!!!
Closed Thread