Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Default Review - Seidio's Super Slim Hybrid Hard Case for BB 83xx

Please Login to Remove!

After contemplating on many different cases, I decided to try out Seidio's hybrid hard case. Please note that this is solely my opinion and my opinion only.

Built Quality: 10
The quality is absolutely phenomenon. It fits snug and the 2 pieces snap together perfectly without any issues. The rubber backing gives you a very solid feel so you dont lose grip of the phone while holding it and the front casing is also crystal clear.

Protection:10
It protects all sides of the phone so in case I drop it, it will definitely protect the phone without causing any scratches. The thickness of the housing is about 1mm as stated so all the connections, buttons and screens are protected in case you drop kick your phone and skid across the floor.

Installation: 10
Installation was simple. Snap in place and your done.

Removing: 8
Perhaps its too secure; if there is a such a thing. I had a hard time removing the case but with time, I'm sure I will have a better technique.

Like I said, this review is for those of you that are on the fence about what case to get. Hope this helps.

My next item to purchase is the BB OEM Leather case which will house my BB 8310 with this hybrid case.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
After contemplating on many different cases, I decided to try out Seidio's hybrid hard case. Please note that this is solely my opinion and my opinion only.

The quality is absolutely phenomenon. It fits snug and the 2 pieces snap together perfectly without any issues. The rubber backing gives you a very solid feel so you dont lose grip of the phone while holding it and the front casing is also crystal clear.

It protects all sides of the phone so in case I drop it, it will definitely protect the phone without causing any scratches. The thickness of the housing is about 1mm as stated so all the connections, buttons and screens are protected in case you drop kick your phone and skid across the floor.

Perhaps its too secure; if there is a such a thing. I had a hard time removing the case but with time, I'm sure I will have a better technique.

Like I said, this review is for those of you that are on the fence about what case to get. Hope this helps.

My next item to purchase is the BB OEM Leather case which will house my BB 8310 with this hybrid case.
you MIGHT have issues getting the phone in and out of the OEM Leather Holster... I had problems using the OEM Rubber Skin and the OEM Holster.

you might want to look at Seidio's Holster for the Skinned Curve... I really like mine...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post

Thanks, how about a link to the product you reviewed so we can check it out.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?

SUPER SLIM HYBRID HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSH2YBB8300-CB

I think i'm about to purchase this. Was goign to buy the same for my 8830 a while ago, but never got to it. This looks like a nice product
Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
orionstarman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Got one as soon as I got my curve.
Best thing I did for it.
I love it.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Can you only buy this online or will it be available in retail as well?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have to agree with the statement below. It's a sweet case and I have zero regrets getting it and the holster. As an aside, customer service from the Seidio guy that hangs around this board (I really need to rememebr his name) was top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionstarman View Post
Got one as soon as I got my curve.
Best thing I did for it.
I love it.

Out of my mind and out of control!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Do these kinds of cases tend to get dust and stuff between them and the phone? If so, is it a while before you have to clean them out. I wouldn't mind every few months for example.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking View Post
Can you only buy this online or will it be available in retail as well?
I believe he only deals online.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

I was told you can't put it in the oem case.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #11
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
I was told you can't put it in the oem case.
You could... its a snug fit and it becomes a nicer fit as time passes.. perfect combo...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #12
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
Do these kinds of cases tend to get dust and stuff between them and the phone? If so, is it a while before you have to clean them out. I wouldn't mind every few months for example.
the way i see it, it collects fewer dust than the OEM Skin and definitely better than a naked BB.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
dcsteeler27

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Dissapointed

I bought two of these cases and on both the top left corner does not lock into place. I can just pull it apart from that corner.

I thought everything would lock but the top left corner does not.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #14
HKL

Sorry to hear about the hybrid case issue... Doesn't sound like the norm per the other posts. Quality Control issue - Return and replace.

I have a black hard case / holster on order, should receive next week. I'll let you know how well it locks down.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #15
ytsejam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsteeler27 View Post
I bought two of these cases and on both the top left corner does not lock into place. I can just pull it apart from that corner.

I thought everything would lock but the top left corner does not.

Seidio Talks about this here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...se-bb8300.html

One of the biggest suggestions for our crystal and rubberized cases was to make them easier to remove. The corner has no clip for this reason. You still shouldn't see a large gap, so if you do please call customer service for a replacement.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsejam View Post
Seidio Talks about this here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...se-bb8300.html

One of the biggest suggestions for our crystal and rubberized cases was to make them easier to remove. The corner has no clip for this reason. You still shouldn't see a large gap, so if you do please call customer service for a replacement.
I had to come here and admit that I feel a bit like a fool. I had used the Seidio rubberized slim hard case on my 8300...and even wrote a review about it on this and another phone forum. I noticed that my upper left corner did not clip together completely...and I even cracked the upper piece of it trying to press it together to my liking. I even complained to Seidio about it...

Now I know that it was not a casting error or build-quality issue...but a way to make it easier to remove the cover for battery pulls and the like...

Oh well... Guess I'm not as smart as I think I am sometimes...
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #17
bigbre04

Hey i was looking at your super slim hybrid case for the 8310 and i was wondering if the clear plastic covers the screen as well?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbre04 View Post
Hey i was looking at your super slim hybrid case for the 8310 and i was wondering if the clear plastic covers the screen as well?

No, it does not.

Hybrid case + screen protector = 8310 Nirvana
Old 11-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
bigbre04

Where can i get a screen protector? isnt that essentially a clear plastic sticker?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #20
stefandrew
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Just put in an order for mine. I got the Premium Black case for my wife's 8100 too. Hopefully it gets here before the end of the week. Only did cheapest shipping through USPS.
Closed Thread