BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
ivanonano

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BIS + MS Exchange - How much info can the Exchange administrator see?

Please Login to Remove!

I know this is probably not a very easy question to answer but I have been looking around for an answer and so far nothing so I was hoping some of the experts in the forum could shed some light on the topic for me!

I used to have my email pushed to my HTC Desire and I know the network administrator managing the exchange server could see I was accessing my email from a HTC phone. Now I just got myself the BB Torch and will sign up for BIS and get my exchange email pushed this way as at work we don't have the BES. I wanted to know how much information will the network administrator managing my MS Exchange account see? Can he see who my network provider (BIS provider) is eg. Vodafone, Sprint, etc. Can he see what country/city my email is being accessed from?

For privacy reasons I would rather him not knowing who is the BIS provider I have signed up with but I'm not sure this is possible since as I understand BIS will be accessing the Exchange server and sending the emails to my phone so I guess the administrator will see the provider... Is there any way around this?

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump