Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
psychedelic

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus Australia
Default Bluetooth connection problems

Please Login to Remove!

I use Windows 7 on my laptop. I am trying to add my Blackberry as a Bluetooth advice. I have gone to "Add a device" and it's searching but nothing is coming up.

On Blackberry I have gone:
Manage connections > Set Up Bluetooth > Listen

Nothing is happening. Yes, my Bluetooth is on my Blackberry. Yes, my Bluetooth on my laptop is working because I was able to successfully connect two Nokia phones to it in the last hour via Bluetooth.

I also can't "find" my laptop using my Blackberry Bluetooth - when I choose "Search", it doesn't come up.

Any idea what might be wrong?
Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Bluetooth connection problems

Turn on Bluetooth technology
1. On the Home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon.
2. Select the Bluetooth check box.
To turn off Bluetooth® technology, clear the Bluetooth check box.
Pair with a Bluetooth enabled device
You must pair your BlackBerry® device with a Bluetooth® enabled device before you can connect to it. For more information
about preparing the Bluetooth enabled device for pairing, see the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled
device.
1. On the Home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon.
2. Click Bluetooth Connections > Add New Device > Search.
3. Click a Bluetooth enabled device.
4. If necessary, do one of the following:
• If the Bluetooth enabled device does not have a keyboard (for example, a wireless headset), on your BlackBerry device,
type the pairing passkey that either appears on the Bluetooth enabled device or is provided in the documentation that
came with the Bluetooth enabled device. The passkey is most often a numeric or alphanumeric code.
• If the Bluetooth enabled device has a keyboard (for example, a laptop), type a pairing passkey of your choice on both
devices.

If you cannot pair with a Bluetooth enabled device

Try the following actions:
• Verify that your BlackBerry® device is compatible with the Bluetooth® enabled device. For more information, see the
documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device.
• If you do not know the passkey for your Bluetooth enabled device, see the documentation that came with the
Bluetooth enabled device.
• If your BlackBerry device does not detect the Bluetooth enabled device that you want to pair with, try making your
BlackBerry device discoverable for a short period of time. Many car kits need to discover your BlackBerry device rather
than your BlackBerry device discovering the car kit. On the Home screen, click the connections area at the top of the
screen, or click the Manage Connections icon. Click Bluetooth Connections. Click Add New Device. Click Listen.
Bluetooth enabled devices can detect your BlackBerry device for 2 minutes.
• Turn off encryption for Bluetooth connections between your BlackBerry device and the Bluetooth enabled device. On
the Home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon. Click
Bluetooth Connections. Highlight a Bluetooth enabled device. Press the BB key > Device Properties. Clear the
Encryption check box. Press the BB key > Save.
Closed Thread