BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
ivada
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Review: 8100 Vaja Case (long)!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have used Vaja cases for 2 of my cellphones and my iPod, and decided to order the 8100 case for my Pearl as soon as I saw it. I ordered it online about 3 weeks ago, and it was delivered today by FedEx 2-day delivery.

Needless to say, it's niiiiiice I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but here are some thoughts about it:

The leather is absolutely fantastic quality-wise - I don't know if they polish/treat the leather with some of that additional "leather smell", but it gets you as soon as you open the box. I love that smell!

The case does add a little bulk and a little weight, but just the right amount - so the Pearl does not feel bulky and heavy but feels "solid". I hope I'm making sense. The stitching is top-notch, and there are cutouts for everything, and for the convenience keys and volume buttons there are no cutouts but signs printed on the leather so you can identify their location and press these buttons by feel. I have not had any problem with this at all, and prefer it so dust does not get into the sides of the case through the cutouts. There is a mesh cover over the earpiece and this has not affected the volume at all. There is also a tiny steel mesh cover over the mic on the bottom of the phone - now that's attention-to-detail. Most other cases I've seen just have a hole thru the leather for the mike. On the back there is a cutout for the camera, and a piece of plastic all around the silver/flash/mirror area. There is no screen cover or front-side protection, everything is open for better access to the keyboard. Because of this a sleeper magnet is not possible in this situation. But that's something I can live with.

The back of the case has a solid steel attachment for the belt clip. The belt clip is made of plastic but feels very solid and well-constructed. The phone slips into it with an authoritative click and nothing seems flimsy or poorly constructed.

All in all, I love this case. Protects the phone from all sides, provides access to everything, and looks good (I know there are tons of colors available but I chose black as it is understated and looks good with the black and silver of the Pearl).

Now for the pictures. Feel free to ask any questions.

Oh I forgot to add: I have the BSE skin on the Pearl and it fits in the case without any problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000086.jpg (70.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg P1000087.jpg (69.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg P1000090.jpg (53.1 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg P1000089.jpg (92.8 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg P1000092.jpg (48.0 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by ivada; 05-04-2007 at 05:47 PM..
Closed Thread