BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
nymets11

Model: 7290
Default "Sent Email" not appearing in BB device

Please Login to Remove!

Looking to get some help from you gurus out there. I'm having some problems with a few devices that are not seeing their sent emails that are sent from the Lotus Notes client in the BB device. Everything is normal...sending, receiving. I looked at all folder redirection settings in the account profiles in the BES, the handheld device and even the state databases and they are all set to have the "sent" folder redirected to the device. Still the problem persists...

I've also sent new service books and still no avail. Besides wiping the handheld or even deleting user from BES, what can I do?

Thanks in advance,

David
Old 08-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

I'll assume (with caution of course) that the users have set "Save copy in sent folder" to "yes" on the devices.
What's the compact state of the users state dbs?
Does it only happen when sent from Notes client or does it also occur when sent from the BB device?
Have you tried "toggling" the settings on one of the devices - that is turn on/turn off the settings either on the device or thru the desktop?
What's the version of the Notes clients in use?
When you resent the service books...did the user properties indicate that the service books were received?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
nymets11

Model: 7290

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried "toggling" method and have confirmed that the service books are received. This only occurs with emails sent out from Notes client. We are running a mixture of 6.5 and 7.

Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
MrVerbal

Model: 8100v
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Random Notes sent mail not synched.

I'm also looking for any causes of email sent from Notes not synching to a BlackBerry. In this case its a single email, other email sent from Notes before and after showed up on the users handheld but this particular message didn't. The MAGT log shows the message being delivered to all 3 recipients but the same UNID doesn't show up for the sender.
Any suggestions welcome. We're running BES 4.0 SP4, HP6 and Domino 6.5.4
Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Is the BlackBerry handheld connected to the desktop software when this happens? Keep in mine that by default when a BlackBerry is connected to the desktop software the redirection is disabled.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
mahoward
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have seen an issue where a single Inbox message does not show up on a device, which may be similar to the issue you are having with Sent items.

What happens, for example, is that 3 messages are sent from same sender within about 10 minutes to a BB user, #1 and #3 are delivered to the device, but #2 is MIA on device but in Notes Inbox. Funny thing is that the MAGT logs show the SRP delivery, so the device received the message and acknowledged this to the server, but it just aint there in the Messages view. Do a backup to an IPD file and still, the message aint in there either, so it's not a display issue. This was on an 8700g device BTW.

RIM basically said that this is such a rare occurance which can't be repeated that there is no way to test for it, and to wipe and reload the device. I guess we'll have to live with 99.9% delivery rate instead of the 100% we always assume...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
MrVerbal

Model: 8100v
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoward View Post
RIM basically said that this is such a rare occurance which can't be repeated that there is no way to test for it, and to wipe and reload the device. I guess we'll have to live with 99.9% delivery rate instead of the 100% we always assume...
Sounds like the answer for the user is that RIM don't guarantee you'll get all your emails.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #8
Flying Dutchman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700t
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have seen the same problem here and was promised that this will be fixed as part of service pack 7 for BES 4.0 (to be released early June). Look for SDR115936. Not sure if this will apply to 4.1 but it might be worth checking it out.