jkotsonas
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default "Error 413" browser question

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I've had a few EU who have experienced the ol' "413" error when trying to access certain web sites (myself included).

Sometimes, but not always, clearing the cache and setting the browser config (to Internet Browser) has helped. Searched the forums here and located the info on changing the value of the Maximum KB/Connection field on the BES.

Info found on this (and other forums) suggest bumping it up to 1024k. I contacted BB/RIM and they suggested increasing it to only 256k - with the caveat that they wouldn't support anything bad that occurs as a result.

When pressed for what all "bad" could occur, the tech could only come back with info that initial browser downloads would be slow (after changing the setting), but once that had occurred, then EU shouldn't notice anything.

In searching the forums here, I also found info that increasing this setting could affect the BES insomuch as it could case a slowdown/crash.

So I'm wondering if anyone here might have some more info on what possibly to expect if we should adjust this setting.

Our BES is at 4.1.3 and running Win 2003 Server w/ SP2. We have Exchange 2003. There currently are about 190 devices on our network, running from the old 7250's to more current Storm2 (9550). Of the 190 devices, most (about 110) are Curves (8310, 8320, 8330).

Would anyone be able to offer some better detailed info than RIM support on what we'd experience if we did bump up this setting to 256 (or higher)?

Thanks,

Jim
Closed Thread