Sirius_GTO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Review - Vaja Balance for Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

To not turn this into a lengthy review -

STAY AWAY FROM VAJA PRODUCTS.

Their quality is very misleading. I cannot express this enough. I originally thought the leather was DYED but the leather is in fact cheaply painted with low grade paint, onto low grade leather. The leather is supported by glue that is messily pasted on. I've attached some images that will show you the quality of the product.

I requested a replacement to be sent (and i would keep the current until I receive the replacement so I have something to protect my new phone). Cecilia told me:

[my name],
Thanks for the pictures, they have been analyzed by our Product Department already.
They confirmed we are having some issues with the Latte paint used to finish the cases, since it is not performing as expecte, so we until we find a new type of cover, we would suggest getting a different combination for the case, so we will make sure no edges covering problem will be present. Darker tones generally have a much better finish.
Let us know if there is a different tone you want for the case so we can explain the process to get the item returned and replaced.

Best regards

María Cecilia
García Querol
Customer Care Department
Vaja - Leather Products
- Vaja Choice -

What kind of bull crap is that? She just admitted to selling a product that her "artisans" knew had a defect in the paint? The case simply doesn't fit good as you can see in the pictures, and I've had it for 3 days and it's already peeling.

Then she replied to me saying she can replace it but I'll have to send in the replacement first and PAY for postage.

Crap company, Crap service. The products receive is not anything what they portray on their website.

Thank you for listening and spread the word, DON'T BUY VAJA.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
Neverl8
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

That is not a nice case at all. Their website makes the cases look Coach quality. From your image, I'm surprise it's even leather. It looks like vinyl. I notice from your images above that the bottom doesn't fit well either. Yikes.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I had a similar experience with Vaja with a case for my then Treo 650. Problem i had was that the case arrive filthy, when I cleaned it gently, according to their directions, the color came off revealing a blue under color. They gave me the run around over the course of a dozen emails and then finally refunded my money and graciously allowed me to keep the messed up case. I won't try again.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
Sirius_GTO

exactly, I'm not even sure if it IS leather. High quality my @$$. I hope this serves as a reminder to everyone NOT TO BUY VAJA CASES.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
Damager
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow - this is the first negative thing I've ever heard about Vaja products! Those pictures look BAD - I'd be ticked if I paid that $$$ and received that product.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
ivada
Thumbs Must Hurt

I ordered this in Black, and so far I haven't had a problem with it at all. I also have Vaja cases for my ipod and Treo 650 (again in basic colors, not fancy yellows or reds or blues) and I haven't had any problems.

I would think (and hope) that maybe this was a one-off QC problem with a specific batch of paint and/or materials. Irrespective of any of this, Vaja should DEFINITELY let you keep your current case till they ship out a new case of your choice, AND pay return shipping for you to ship your old case back. You should not have to go through any inconvenience or pay anything after you paid this much for a damaged case to begin with!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
zoeydanielle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

This is an addendum to the Vaja case issue. I would not get one. Although I don't have the case, I did order one for my I-Pod. It took forever before it got to me, and eventually came with an apology for its late arrival. That wasn't really the issue. I found the case to be of excellent workmanship, but once the I-Pod was in the case, it took dynamite to get it out. It was so tight in the case, it took a good 5-10 minutes before I could wedge out, inch by inch. I finally gave up and I am back to using my clear lucite case, which although it does not look as cool as the Vaja, it is sure easier to get the I-Pod in and out. So, those are my comments.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
ffeingol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I was thinking about the Vaja case for my 8830 until I stumbled across this thread. What happened to the pictures in this post?

Is this a "one off" oops, or have other people had poor quality? There seem to be lots of threads with praise and then this bad one.

TIA,

Frank
Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
Sirius_GTO

I don't know what happened to the pictures, I'll see if I can rehost them.

Vaja isn't good. Period.

Customer support or just plain product. Their leather is crap, and they just paint it and glue it together. Definitely not 77 dollars worth :rolleyes:
Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I have had 3 cases from vaja and I have always been impressed with their quality. Sorry to hear about your issues and I hope it isnt the start of a trend with them.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
Jimmyk001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

+1 on Vaja quality. Just got my 8830 case today. Excellent quality. Fits like a glove. Ordered the smooth leather, black. Nice compliment to the silver 8830. Would highly recommend this product. I'll post some photos when I get home tonight. The only negative here (if there can be one) is the cost. Not for the weak hearted. But then, it looks and feels and smells sooooooooooo..... nice.

Last edited by Jimmyk001; 06-18-2007 at 04:01 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
Sirius_GTO

With black, you can't notice the imperfections. And trust me, there are plenty to see when you go with a lighter color like Biscotti.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
ffeingol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_GTO View Post
With black, you can't notice the imperfections. And trust me, there are plenty to see when you go with a lighter color like Biscotti.
skip that, I know your vote I mis-read who posted.

Frank

Last edited by ffeingol; 06-18-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old 06-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #14
guruleenyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint/Nextel

Wirelessly posted (NXTL7520: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yea! I ordered a vaja for a [dormant] treo 700wx and it took 8weeks to arrive and it scratches very easily at $200 or so! Not to mention the swivel is crazy loose. (I gave it to my treo packing enemy)

"Knowledge breeds confidence and confidence breeds success"
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: vodafone

I have had loads of vaja cases for ipods and phones and they have all been of the highest quality, not a single imperfection (unusual for leather). They are expensive and take time to come if you select different colours or personalisation....but I have always thought the cases well worth it.

ivolution style cases have no visible stitching fit perfectly and wear well in my experience...the longest i have used a case is for my 4g ipod which is now going 3 years i think and still looks brand new.

Not disputing your problems (I still cant see the photos) just think it is a batch problem or a new dying technique which clearly isnt working....I have had black, light and vibrant coloured cases and all have been 100% perfect...I love vaja cases they are special and I have always found a far superior product to anything else on the market.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
DeeJer

Carrier: verizon
Default Thanks for the heads up from a Newbie

Hi,
I am a new BlackBerry owner (8830) and have been trying to to decide what accessories are must-haves versus "wants". I got my BlackBerry and service package at WirelessBYeAccess and they also have accessories. I was so unsure of what I really needed to start with that I called them, I was very pleased with their help and when I explained what a typical day for me was like they recommended a couple of different case options. Of course I had to look through them all, etc. before deciding that the Noreve BlackBerry 8800 Flip Case in purple. So far, I love it. I use the "business card" slot for my DL and debit card and off I go - sans a purse. The only "wish" I have for it would be a strap for my wrist (am not big on belt clips so I don't have it on). I was looking at some of the pretty vaja cases but know I think I will run the other way now. Thanks for the heads up!

DJ
Old 07-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: vodafone

this is just one review I have only heard good things about vaja products and have had several myself..always happy...if I was you I would look at some other reviews before deciding (including for to other device...try ipod including ilounge.com maybe?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJer View Post
Hi,
I am a new BlackBerry owner (8830) and have been trying to to decide what accessories are must-haves versus "wants". I got my BlackBerry and service package at WirelessBYeAccess and they also have accessories. I was so unsure of what I really needed to start with that I called them, I was very pleased with their help and when I explained what a typical day for me was like they recommended a couple of different case options. Of course I had to look through them all, etc. before deciding that the Noreve BlackBerry 8800 Flip Case in purple. So far, I love it. I use the "business card" slot for my DL and debit card and off I go - sans a purse. The only "wish" I have for it would be a strap for my wrist (am not big on belt clips so I don't have it on). I was looking at some of the pretty vaja cases but know I think I will run the other way now. Thanks for the heads up!

DJ
Closed Thread