BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
bigjohnny

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Possible simple question

Please Login to Remove!

I am an extreme newbie to this forum and blackberry's in general. I was wondering if there was a way to diable the password. After a certain amount of time, my 7230 locks and I have to enter a password. I am finding this quit anoying. When i go to options, then security, when i try to disable the password, it doesn't give me the option. Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

If this is a corporate BlackBerry, then an "IT Policy", enforcing a password, has been pushed to the BB; if that is the case you can no remove the policy and should not try.

If it is NOT a corporate BB, and it was bought with an IT policy on it, you will have to search the forums for a solution to removing the IT Policy.

Good luck and welcome.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
If this is a corporate BlackBerry, then an "IT Policy", enforcing a password, has been pushed to the BB; if that is the case you can no remove the policy and should not try.

If it is NOT a corporate BB, and it was bought with an IT policy on it, you will have to search the forums for a solution to removing the IT Policy.

Good luck and welcome.
NJBlackBerry is right.

The only way to get ride of the IT Policy is to wipe the handheld and activate it on another BES. Once it is on the name make sure the the new IT Policy that gets send to the handheld does not have password required. Once the new IT Policy has been applied you will be able to remove it from the Options > Secuirty from the HH.

Cheers,
Ash
Old 06-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
digital/blasphemy
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700g

And if you're a personal user who doesn't have access to a BES, this thread may help you as it seems to have helped many others: http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...=remove+policy
Closed Thread