BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
dbry31

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Lots of problems with the 8830 through sprint?

Please Login to Remove!

hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I got my 8830 from sprint last sat the 11th, after setup it took about 2 days for me to fully be on the evdo network. THen the other day it pushed all of my old emails from my personal accounts to my phone (it did this three times that day, totalling about 1000 or so emails that didnt have anything to do with my sprint account). After that i had to call customer support to get the wap codes, and completely reprogram my phone...im starting to think that my phone may be flawed. Is anyone else having these problems? any solutions
Old 08-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

WAP codes?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
juroku
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I just received mine, and could not be happier. I know it varies by provider and location, but I have had all three at my residence and Sprint is the first one to be clear as can be. ATT was terrible, I had to go outside half the time to keep it from dropping. Even Verizon had issues here. The Sprint has been solid.

I even had to deal with the hassle of keeping the same number from cingular and I had few real issues. It took a couple phone calls, but all in all it was not that big a deal. Using the temporary number they gave me this thing fired up and worked like a charm right out of the box. My E-mail push worked with no issues at all. I am having some tethering issues but I am pretty sure that is the PC (working on that in another post).

I came from a Pearl and I really like the larger screen, and the fact that BB Maps works with the GPS without an extra cost. It is very early, but so far it has been a really good move for me.

Dave
Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

I am confused. What WAP codes? And what personal emails could get sent to your phone without you configuring them to be sent?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbry31 View Post
hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I got my 8830 from sprint last sat the 11th, after setup it took about 2 days for me to fully be on the evdo network. THen the other day it pushed all of my old emails from my personal accounts to my phone (it did this three times that day, totalling about 1000 or so emails that didnt have anything to do with my sprint account). After that i had to call customer support to get the wap codes, and completely reprogram my phone...im starting to think that my phone may be flawed. Is anyone else having these problems? any solutions
Nope, worked fine from day 1.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 AM   #6
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

As far as I know you don't need wap codes on Sprint because they utilize a direct tcp connection. Also, just as was stated previously, if you haven't configured yet then there shouldn't be any email coming to the device from a personal email account that hasn't been setup. When i got my bb it was ready to rock.....i was on evdo once provisioned within minutes. sorry to hear your having complications though..........sucks.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 08-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
Ephraim
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I have had mine for about 3 weeks, no problems with the phone, some problems with the media card. Sprint is not much help with tech support but the serevice for the phone and e-mails is great