Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #21
SoUnCool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
lol, SoUnCool... I am not doubting you, no one on here said that they felt you were not being truthful. Please don't take personal offense.

It is all rumor until RIM announces it, or until it hits the street.
none taken mate
Old 07-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #22
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUnCool View Post
who said I agree to the terms of NDA ? LOL, i beleive in free world and sharing information
Its all gravy man I am just busting your balls. I know where your coming from I have seen things too in the past and recently. I got the same line of questioning. I dont doubt you really.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #23
davcho64
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
yeah the gold curve, if we see that I want to see anyone argue that RIM is still only mainly for Corp. buyers.

and wouldnt the external SD slot be a major redesign for the device? I'm for it but it seems it would require alot.
HAHA! A Gold Curve! That would be hideous! But in general, I feel the Curve is mostly for non-business/corporate users. The camera alone restricts it from a good percentage of business users in today's world. But to paint it gold on top of that would push it way out of the business world.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #24
BrooklynzFinest
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

For what it is worth I recently upgraded(a little after 7/13) on of our lines with an 8800 and my Tmo rep told me it will ship before 7/30.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #25
redsoxnation

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcho64 View Post
I've read rumors and other blogs stating the entry of 8820 (basically the 8800 with WiFi) coming to AT&T soon. So it would make sense for them to phase it out quickly. Hopefully, the 8820 hits stores early August!

I have the Verizon 8830, and it is just like the 8800, but Verizon has crippled it. But I do have the latest Sprint OS, and it is a great BB. I'm not sure how Sprint's service is on the BB, but I've had lots of people complain about their reception and customer service in my area (Mid-Atlantic Area). The 8830 so far hasn't given me any problems, and the phone is built like a rock.
Sprint does have bad custumer service but they also have the fastest mobile web use out there with there 1xEV-DO. I had T-Mobile 8700g with EDGE and it was twice as slow as sprint. As for the 8800 I hope it would go away. With that shoty keyboard. The 8300 is a much supperier product. But No such luck with the 8820 wifi edition coming. I don't know why the didn't put this on the 8300? I will wait for Sprint to get the all black 8300 and have fast service.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #26
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
Sprint does have bad custumer service but they also have the fastest mobile web use out there with there 1xEV-DO. I had T-Mobile 8700g with EDGE and it was twice as slow as sprint. As for the 8800 I hope it would go away. With that shoty keyboard. The 8300 is a much supperier product. But No such luck with the 8820 wifi edition coming. I don't know why the didn't put this on the 8300? I will wait for Sprint to get the all black 8300 and have fast service.
Verizons evdo is pretty dang fast as well I very rarely wait long for apps to load and my tethering is pretty quick.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #27
fractured
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

3G on phones/PDAs is over-rated. Most phones/PDAs don't have the processing power to really exploit 3G. I used a Curve on at&t and the 8830 on Sprint and VZW and I really didn't notice much, if any, difference in my web browsing experience.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #28
davcho64
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

3G on phones/PDAs is over-rated. Most phones/PDAs don't have the processing power to really exploit 3G. I used a Curve on at&t and the 8830 on Sprint and VZW and I really didn't notice much, if any, difference in my web browsing experience.
I feel the same way. I can't see the difference in browsing speeds. Additionally, the browser will never be similar to a full web browser like IE or Safari on a Blackberry/PDA (with the exception of the iPhone ). So I don't see the great need for 3G, but I do see the benefits of WiFi for the UMA ability. Hopefully, it will allow much better phone coverage for me .
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #29
Andyn

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

Link to RIM announcement of 8820: Research In Motion - RIM Announces the BlackBerry 8820 Smartphone

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 07-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #30
mortys11

Model: BOLD
Carrier: rogers

the phasing out of the base 8800 proves my point of RIM suckering us into buying the base model and has nothing at all to do with more choice as others have posted here.

if RIM had intentions of giving us choice then they wouldnt phase this model out.

as i said before if they wanted to give us more choice they would launch a full series and the consumer could decide...instead they release the bare bones model and trickle out better featured versions until the flagship model arrives.

this is pure BS

apple built 4gb and 8 gb ipods and released them simultaneously ...thats proper

this GPS no wifi...no GPS with wifi ala carte stlye is BS

there should be a base unit and fully loaded unit and priced accordingly.

The pearl is a good example...they packed as many feature in a consumer berry and marketed it like crazy and it was a success.

the curve could have been a better iphone killer if they had released a full GPS+WIFI model from the beginning with a base no GPS or WIFI model...thats it 2 versions