Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Antastan

Model: 7100T
Default Problem with downloading mp3 ringtones

Please Login to Remove!

hi all.

I cant download mp3 ringtones from tuneusin.com/MP3%20Ringtones.html

i always get error 404 when downloading the mp3s.

But the site christopherking.com/blackberry/ringtones.html works without a problem.

i guess there is a problem with the filenames of the mp3s. at the tuneusin site the mp3s have names with "20%" in it. seems like this are spaces or something like that. how can i fix this problem?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I'm not sure you can do anything about it, although I'm surprised the BB has trouble with spaces in web filenames. That is considered a really bad practice though, and the best thing that could be done is for Proaud or whatever his name is to not use spaces in his filenames.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
Proaud

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antastan
hi all.

I cant download mp3 ringtones from tuneusin.com/MP3%20Ringtones.html

i always get error 404 when downloading the mp3s.

But the site christopherking.com/blackberry/ringtones.html works without a problem.

i guess there is a problem with the filenames of the mp3s. at the tuneusin site the mp3s have names with "20%" in it. seems like this are spaces or something like that. how can i fix this problem?
What device are you trying to download to?

Pin: 3013987E
Old 07-18-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
Proaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
I'm not sure you can do anything about it, although I'm surprised the BB has trouble with spaces in web filenames. That is considered a really bad practice though, and the best thing that could be done is for Proaud or whatever his name is to not use spaces in his filenames.
Spaces have absolutely nothing to do with the Blackberry handling the file. If the file is being downloaded from a PC, You can name it to whatever you want. The ringers on my site are designed to be accessed from the Blackberry browser and downloaded directly to the device.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
Antastan

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proaud
What device are you trying to download to?
sorry i forgot this info. its a 8700g
Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
Proaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antastan
sorry i forgot this info. its a 8700g

Are you pulling up the website from the Blackberry browser and trying to download that way? If so, it should work. A buddy of mine has the same device and his works flawlessly.

Closed Thread