Model: 9320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Need mep code for 9320 Curve

Please Login to Remove!

IMIE = 355570.05.4358448

PIN = 24 D00A2A

PDR = 46871-030

Was given a month old Curve by a friend of mine and can't get it to fire up. I'm a newbie at this so pretend you're talking to a five yr old and you won't be far off.
Could anyone help me with this problem. Rogers was less than useless. Called Blackberry and unfortunately was unable to understand the gentleman.

Thanks very much in advance for any help offered.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Need mep code for 9320 Curve

So the assumption is you want the MEP code to unlock the phone.
Cell phones are usually locked to a carrier unless the code is entered and unlocked. The other issue may be the phone was listed as stolen and the carrier locked it out and
that's why you cannot get it to work.
Was it on Rogers?
Did it work for the person who gave it to you?

If the phone did work and is not stolen and you want it on Rogers and it was working on Rogers you don't need a MEP code.
If you want it for another carrier then do an internet search for a company offering unlock codes. Usually about $10.00

If the phone was on Rogers originally and sold by them to the user they should be able to provide the number free although it may take a push by you to get the right person to help.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Delete the information. This is a public site. Anyone anywhere can see it, not to mention the bots that are scavenging personal information.

You need to buy the code from one of the vendors that sell that service. BlackBerry won't do it. A carrier will give you the code for a device it sells if you are a customer in good standing, but that doesn't sound like an option for you.

Also sounds like there are other problems with the device---your say it doesn't start up. There are numerous possibilities. If the device doesn't turn on, you need to try a known good battery in it, and try your battery in a known good device.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
gommsn

The phone was working fine until I got ahold of it. Not locked to any server.

How do I delete the Info mentioned in my original post?

The vibes are not good here, There is nothing illegal going on except my inexperience with cell phones.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

The forum only gives you so much time to edit a post. That time may have expired. If you send a PM to a mod you may be able to get one of them to edit the personal info from you post. One of the things that could happen is you get unwanted and very undesirable PIN messages or BBM invites. I don't know what someone would do with the other info, but it isn't wise to post and doesn't help you here.

So you don't need a MEP code? Is it the device password, or BBID password? Also, you need to be more descriptive about "won't fire up".

Take the battery out of the device. Wait about 30 seconds. Put the battery back. When the device boots, or when it gets as far as it's going to get on it's own, describe exactly what you see on the screen.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
gommsn

Battery is fine, just finished charging it.
First screen - time
lower right corner, picture of a lock
Next screen - Device is locked
Click unlock, asks for password
Password is 1 2 3 4
Next screen - asks if you would like to unlock device
click yes
asks for MEP #

And thats as far as I get.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Okay. Here is the deal. Or at least this deal.

Mobile phones that are sold by a carrier are usually locked to that carrier's network. For a GSM phone, the phone will not work with another carrier's SIM unless the phone is unlocked. We usually talk about branded phones versus unbranded in the sense that a carrier sells a phone with its logo and locked to its network, while a buyer might otherwise obtain an unbranded, unlocked device direct from the manufacturer.

The network lock can be removed. For information, see the following links.

What Is a MEP Network Code? | eHow

Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As I stated in my first response, you will most likely need to buy the code from a service. Make sure, if you buy, that you buy from a vendor that will give you your money back if the code doesn't work. Search for reviews to try and choose a reliable service. And note that you have only a certain number of attempts, afterwhich the phone will be permanently locked.

Also, some other information you may need....

The network lock only impacts the phone (voice and text). It doesn't have anything to do with data.

Before you invest more time and money, you need to make sure that device operates on your chosen provider. I haven't looked. I'm leaving that for you.

Your device is a legacy BBOS model. It requires a specific BlackBerry data plan in order to use the BlackBerry data services like the email app, BBM, etc., as well as many third party apps. You can do some things with regular mobile data, but limited.

You only need the BlackBerry data plan. Not that and regular mobile data. Just the BlackBerry data plan added to the voice and text plan.

You buy the BlackBerry data plan from your mobile service provider. You indicate your provider is Rogers, so you are good there as far as BlackBerry data plan, assuming that device will operate on your providers network. Some providers in some parts of the world do not support BlackBerry.

So, decide what you are going to do. If you go ahead and get the device unlocked, we'll see where you stand after that.

Last edited by aiharkness; 10-11-2015 at 06:59 PM..
Closed Thread