Please Login to Remove!

got mine loaded. cool

Last edited by John Clark; 01-13-2008 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Link removed
Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #62
entregan

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sorry, Willie ... BB Screenshot and Javaloader not working for me.

If you have a better way of taking screenshots, I will get you some pics.

When I use BB Screen and Javaloader, it seems to act like it's taking a picture, but only shows a frame .... any help on this from anyone so I can upload some pics?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #63
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

4.3 looks really promising. I definitely will go for it once it's out of beta.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #64
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

try using the demo of idokorro and seeing if you can SS it that way
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #65
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink
Default re: I'm having a problem with 4.3.1.14 beta ... anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entregan View Post
I start to listen to music (A2DP with a Jabra 8010) and then it breaks into static after 30 seconds or so, then no sound. Doesn't matter if I fast forward through the song or not, nor if I try to switch between the handset and the speakerphone. Doesn't happen with the speakerphone though, perfect sound. Also, it won't reset if I go to another song in the playlist, but will if I turn the song off and start a new song (giving me 30 seconds of music).

Anyone else getting this problem?
using Jabra BT620s, everything seems fine. no static, clear, deep sounds, plays full tracks from one to the next (although now and then the last second or two cuts out, like a bad crossfade). even the remote control functions work well, except for FFWD and REW.

so far the A2DP has performed as expected, and haven't experienced any of the issues reported earlier, where the BT connection would drop after each song. for what it's worth i haven't used any playlists, and so far i've just used the shuffle feature.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #66
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

JL_Cmder can take screenshots
Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #67
entregan

Default So, penk. You think it's the Jabra 8010's?

I really hope it is just the headset and not the phone ... I'm going to go to the store and pick up something else just for the heck of it.

Hopefully, it is the headset ... like I said, I have some Sony Ericcson HBH-DS970's coming to me and maybe that'll have a different effect.

I really want to get mine figured out first ... I was going to put the new OS on my wife's pearl, but I'm afraid of going ahead without the dang bluetooth working through an entire song first!

P.S. Also, coldcmdr, I tried Javaloader.exe and BB Screenshot together ... is JL Commander something different or the same as what I tried?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #68
entregan

Default Figured it out! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Now I will put this on my wife's phone.

I had to turn off the discoverable setting on the phone. Before that, the phone would go looking for other wireless devices after 30 seconds, cutting out the A2DP (I believe ... I'm still a noob).

I turned off the 'Echo Control' settings and disable the 'Encryption' setting on the Jabra's options too, but will turn them back on to see if they have any negative effects.

For all of you having that weird mp3/wma start-up (cuts off 2 seconds on the beginning and ends), once in a playlist that problem goes away ...

With the Jabra BT8010's though, sound is freakin' sweet. I hear things I never heard in songs before - even with the headset that came with the phone! Not only, that but the calls are pretty dang clear.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #69
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I really hope it is just the headset and not the phone ... I'm going to go to the store and pick up something else just for the heck of it.

Hopefully, it is the headset ... like I said, I have some Sony Ericcson HBH-DS970's coming to me and maybe that'll have a different effect.

I really want to get mine figured out first ... I was going to put the new OS on my wife's pearl, but I'm afraid of going ahead without the dang bluetooth working through an entire song first!

P.S. Also, coldcmdr, I tried Javaloader.exe and BB Screenshot together ... is JL Commander something different or the same as what I tried?
nope completly different program doesn't need anything else but the program. You can also wipe your BB with it to along with other things
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #70
entregan

Default Thanks, Coldcmdr! Also, don't use 'Audio Boost' with OS 4.3.1.14!

Thanks, Cold! That works just fine.

But also, when using the media player using 4.3.1.14, DON'T TURN ON THE AUDIO BOOST! This is what makes you have to turn on the bluetooth with every song!

I'll let everyone know what else I find ...
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #71
Willie115

Carrier: mEowmIx

Quote:
If you have a better way of taking screenshots, I will get you some pics.

When I use BB Screen and Javaloader, it seems to act like it's taking a picture, but only shows a frame .... any help on this from anyone so I can upload some pics?
Try JL_Cmder if you want to, but thanks for the effort already. I really look forward to trying it once it's out of beta, the only thing keeping me from going into the beta is that I really need my phone to work without errors.

Also upon hearing the audio boost and making it so you have to turn on the bluetooth everytime, well RIM is bound to have bugs, we should let them know it so they fix it, hopefully once the non-beta version comes out we'll see it more stable.

Thanks a lot though
Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #72
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Question about this BETA OS (either the one for the 8100, or the OS on the 8130's). I've asked this countless times and I never get an answer. I just need an answer please?

OK on my 8100 (the first with the Media app) I could NOT play a music track and go back into media to view any picture, because the app when selected from the home screen would jump into the audio playback gui. Does the new OS 4.3 allow you to finally do this? I'm HOPING for this small ability, because I take public transit to and from work, and not always does music alone relieve me from a stressful day; but looking at family pictures does the trick. I can do this on just about every other consumer phone, but the BlackBerry's.

PS I'm not sure if OS 4.2 allows this on the Curve's or on the newer 8800 series.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #73
7100simpleisbetter

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
Question about this BETA OS (either the one for the 8100, or the OS on the 8130's). I've asked this countless times and I never get an answer. I just need an answer please?

OK on my 8100 (the first with the Media app) I could NOT play a music track and go back into media to view any picture, because the app when selected from the home screen would jump into the audio playback gui. Does the new OS 4.3 allow you to finally do this? I'm HOPING for this small ability, because I take public transit to and from work, and not always does music alone relieve me from a stressful day; but looking at family pictures does the trick. I can do this on just about every other consumer phone, but the BlackBerry's.

PS I'm not sure if OS 4.2 allows this on the Curve's or on the newer 8800 series.

Thanks.
Even 4.2.x you can view photos while listening to music. If you go to the "Camera" function then select view pictures you can view pictures while listening to music. Just don't try to go through the Media Player. In 4.3.1, you can use Media Player to view pictures but can still use the Camera option to view pictures as well.

Good luck!!!

SIB
Old 01-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #74
andrews240

Would I be out of line if I asked if someone would pm me a link to download the beta OS or put me on the right track to find it? I've google and torrent searched with no reward. If i am out of line I will delete this post. TIA
Old 01-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #75
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

You can ask whether or not anyone can or will help you is another story all together.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #76
andrews240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
You can ask whether or not anyone can or will help you is another story all together.
Understood.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #77
thasgolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofman13 View Post
version is 4.3.1.14
i dont have a pair of headphones to test with...
I have tried the Motorola S9 and, while stereo music sounded great, I had to turn off the stereo features because the headset became super-sensitive to
outside sounds to the point that I could not use them outside a completely silent room.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #78
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

ha ha I have the beta os but it shouldn't have been leaked anyways so why spread it.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #79
penk

Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

here are (some of) my thoughts after about a week with BBOS4.3:

the good -
  • holy crap i love A2DP!
  • the menus are snappy and with the Dimension L theme, eight icons on the home screen, plus the app switcher ribbon means i almost never use the menu button to get to apps.
  • browser is keen, seems quicker to render, and much friendlier with embedded media. the mouse is nice, too (though a bit tricky in text fields).
the bad -
  • on two occasions the browser has stopped communicating during page load. comm arrows active and move, antenna shows half or better, but then an error shows and states garbage about not being in an area that can handle data. close, reopen and all is well.
  • twice after listening to music via A2DP (which i love!) the ringer volume became so stinkin quiet you couldn't hear it unless you crammed the speaker in your ear. this occurred after the Profile was switched from Silent (during A2DP listening) to Normal, and standard-volume ringers and alerts were heard before they went mousey. battery pop corrected this.
  • twice the handset displayed "SIM not allowed", following a brief period of inactivity (15-20 minutes). battery pop corrected this.
the ugly -
  • one bad occurrence of i-don't-know-what-the-heck-happened. plugged into USB port, PC did not register it, device did not show charge, same after several attempts using other ports. popped battery, reboot stalled, showed "App Error 200 - Reset" - chose "Reset" (only option), showed again, popped battery. had to make use of the special battery-free-install fix and reloaded (from the back up, mind you, not a clean install). this happened first night of install, and everything's been A-OK since.
the not so great and too early to tell -
  • no camera. know it won't always be so. been said, 'nuff said.
  • battery life seems to be pretty sorry now. not playing media, and with no real change in my usage habits (data only, no voice), i'm down to 20-25% or so at end of day, down from the usual 35-45% running BBOS4.2
  • there are new frames around the header and subject fields in Messages. looks a little too web 2.0 for my taste and takes up screen real estate. new "fancy" scroll bars on the browser have the same effect. i could leave 'em.
  • predictive text is nice, but seems a touch awkward. it reminds me of an app i used on my SONY Clié, but not as simple to use. using the ENTER key to select the word seems bizarre, and far away from the other keys. using ENTER inserts a space after the word is selected, but SPACE leaves the cursor at the end. [scratches head]
  • the new default font (BBAlpha) is pretty to look at, thicker than the 4.2 sweetheart-of-a-font BBClarity it takes up much more space, even cutting off some menus. probably keen on the Curve, but the Pearl's narrow width isn't very forgiving.
the shocker! -
  • BB Rooster works! but not very well. screen refresh isn't so swell, but boy can that chicken run! wonder if RIM will update it for 4.3 - hmm...
sorry if it's not so eloquent (and so long). being a beta (and not the latest) it's not totally worth a full detail. just thought i'd mention a few things that are likely to see some adjustment, or items that aren't being mentioned.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #80
RoDan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: head
Carrier: VZW

I'd like some more batt life out of my pearl. I think there needs to be an "under clock" option, where it forces the proc to slow down some to save battery with an option to allow some dynamic ability to increase speed if there was enough demand for more cpu. Do the current OSes do this at all behind the scenes? or does it run at full (what is it, 300mhz?) all out, full bore all the time? Seems to me at idle, it should settle down and just run on fumes.
Closed Thread