BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Hmmm...I rebooted my device last night and noticed 10 minutes later that the backscreen was still lit. I thought, "Surely this thing isn't still rebooting." Indeed it was not. I picked up the device and the message on the front was all white with two lines of small text:

App error
Reset

With "Reset" being a selectable click. I clicked several times and it rebooted again. 10 minutes later, same message. I clicked on it again and the device loaded up but actually got to the home screen this time with a series of exceptions error messages and the original AT&T theme loaded. (I've seen this before so I simply reboot it again).

Third time was a charm and I promptly went in to delete the Weatherbug app and rebooted. Device is back to normal. I suspect it was the Weatherbug app as I have never seen that app error before and my device was stable up to that point.

I'll probably give the app another look once it comes out of beta as the BBWeather fits the bill for now. The only thing BBWeather lacks is the GPS functionality which for me isn't terribly important since more than 90% of the time, I'm indoors and I hardly ever travel.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #22
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonfoley View Post
Hmmm...I rebooted my device last night and noticed 10 minutes later that the backscreen was still lit. I thought, "Surely this thing isn't still rebooting." Indeed it was not. I picked up the device and the message on the front was all white with two lines of small text:

App error
Reset

With "Reset" being a selectable click. I clicked several times and it rebooted again. 10 minutes later, same message. I clicked on it again and the device loaded up but actually got to the home screen this time with a series of exceptions error messages and the original AT&T theme loaded. (I've seen this before so I simply reboot it again).

Third time was a charm and I promptly went in to delete the Weatherbug app and rebooted. Device is back to normal. I suspect it was the Weatherbug app as I have never seen that app error before and my device was stable up to that point.

I'll probably give the app another look once it comes out of beta as the BBWeather fits the bill for now. The only thing BBWeather lacks is the GPS functionality which for me isn't terribly important since more than 90% of the time, I'm indoors and I hardly ever travel.
What OS are you running?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #23
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

.185 (noted in previous post).

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #24
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

Worked ok for me on .219 and I'm not on BES.
Closed Thread