Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
barry911

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: turkcell
Default Roaming Problems with 9520

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,
Storm2 / 9520 SW Rel. 5.0.0.497 VF Germany / SIM Card VF Germany.

Problem: In Germany everything works perfect. After turning off the GSM entering the airplane, approaching to Turkey and enabling the GSM the mobile enters the foreign network. So far so good - after 2-3 minutes the phone resets every few minutes. After returning to Germany the phone works perfect. This problem is reconstructable. I tried some SW Releases - no success. Anybody an Idea ????

Best,

Bayram
Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

barry911,

By any chance, are you using Vodafone for access in Turkey? Someone asked a similar question in a Vodafone forum. You may want to join the forum and communicate with this person to see if they resolved the issue. The link is below:

Blackberry Storm keeps re booting only in turkey - Vodafone eForum

From my experience and research, I have read that getting the Storm to work in that area normally require unlocking and the use of a sim card from a local carrier. For Turkey that would be Avea, Turkcell, and Vodafone.

I think my Saudi Arabian friend travels into Turkey with his Storm. If your BBM functions I can slide you his PIN to see if he had any issues when traveling there with his Storm.

Verizon 9530
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
barry911

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: turkcell

Hi XelhaBB,

thanks a lot for your reply. I registered to this VF UK Site but unfortunately I am not able to reply to the post there.

this problem happens only with my Storm 2. I tried my iPhone with this german VF SIM and also my BB 8820 - no problems. As soon as I insert the VF Ger SIM into the 9520 the happy rebooting party starts :(

I have no idea ...
Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

barry911,

I talked to Houssam and he said he has never taken his Storm to Turkey.

Try creating a new thread in Vodafone forums to see if this matter has been diagnosed. Apparently you aren't alone.

Whenever I travel out that way I always go native with the handhelds just to avoid losing contact. What always blows me away is that cellular service in most of those countries is INCREDIBLE. In Iran, EVERYONE has a cell phone and the service is wonderful. Hopefully Ill be taking a pleasure trip to Istanbul and Jordan next year. Keep in touch and hit me up on BBM some time.

Verizon 9530
Old 07-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry911 View Post
Hi there,
Storm2 / 9520 SW Rel. 5.0.0.497 VF Germany / SIM Card VF Germany.

Problem: In Germany everything works perfect. After turning off the GSM entering the airplane, approaching to Turkey and enabling the GSM the mobile enters the foreign network. So far so good - after 2-3 minutes the phone resets every few minutes. After returning to Germany the phone works perfect. This problem is reconstructable. I tried some SW Releases - no success. Anybody an Idea ????

Best,

Bayram
when i had my 9500 vodafone unlocked and was in turkey for 12hrs i was having issues connecting to the network over there . i had a syriatel sim card from syria and i had roaming enabled on my account still did not work . but when i had my att sim card in it was working fine .