Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
twgerry

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: laotelecom
Default BB9900 issue with gmail via browser and facebook application

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

i am new here, as well first time with a BB got last week a bold 9900, excellent and once i solve these 2 small issue i believe it very perfect

i have been checking my gmail using the browser that comes with the phone , than since 2 days a go, i am able to open my browser enter my account with gmail but when the icon for refresh start to work get stuck there and after 5 minutes appear the following warning

"Oops, the application ran into an unexpected error.
Please refresh this page in your browser and try again
"

of course i refresh it goes back to the main page of the gmail screen and the refresh icon start to turn again, than the second warning again saing the same, than to not continue to the infinite, i click on the left button :close: but i get stuck there it doesn't close nothing...

i tried to clear history, delete the gmail link, etc but no luck always the same issue...
could be a JS applet got stuck somewhere, and with some cookie, cache and memory cleaning could be solved
Any Help ?

issue 2 Facebook Application

i used it for few days (using my wi fi connection), then for the last 5 days i login on the application login , than the following window appear

"you are currently on service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a WI FI network or contact your service provvider to upgrade your plan"

fine for the service plan, but i am always connected into a WI FI network either at work or at home, why it can not see it ?
what i can do to solve the issue allowign the application to see that i am connected to a WI FI and allow me to be on facebook , as i can access fb using the browser , but i would like to use the application which is much better

any help is welcome

thank you

twgerry
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BB9900 issue with gmail via browser and facebook application

Do you have a Blackberry data plan on your account?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
twgerry

No, i do not think i got one at all, the BB 9900 was a present and i just switched my SIM card from my other mobile to the BB 9900.

However the blackberry dataplan may solve the issue of FB application , however it shall rekon the WI FI connection, and bypass the dataplan, automatically powering the FB application with the WI FI connection (as it did the first few days).

now that i recall both issue happen just after i installed on my notebook the BB software and the browser issue after i did the updating of devices...
could it be related ? is so i could go back to the original devices release that comes with the phone ?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Some carriers require you to have a BB data plan in order for WiFi to work. In any case, without a BB data plan, non of the RIM services will work since you do not have a connection to RIM. FB is one of those apps.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
twgerry

Thanks a lot to devnull and dubdub, i will ask my provvider for a plan (not sure if any in the country where i am)

althought i do not know much about BB phones (as i just got for the first time), i based on the old one, computers are computers, when got stuck, reset, reset and reset.

than i tried to download operamini for BB with no much success, tought it as back up browser, presently the application still on my computer, will install later, than i google facebook mobile, found the download place and directly on my BB downloaded the application (which was a new version) and automatically unistalled the previous one.

i open FB loged it, it worked perfectly... then i tried the browser that i used for GMAIL... wow.. it worked ...

maybe was a java thing.. that got stuck in some "conflict",,, however now it work..

thanks

cheers
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

BBs are much different from computers or other smartphones.

Maybe this from our FAQ will help explain: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...ta_Plan_for%3F

I uggest you read through the articles in our FAQ for more info on the BB.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
mayfox

Carrier: MTN

On Gmail, BB 9900 seems to have problems syncing with Gmail.

I used two messaging folders. The default BB Messages folders is where my yahoo mail accounts go. I then hide all the yahoo mail icons.

Then I separated my GMail account not to appear in the default Message folder. So now i have two mail folder icons - the default folder and the gmail icon/folder.

Oftentimes, when I try to Delete Prior Emails in my gmail account, one or two mails remain and cannot be deleted.

I tried to go to View Folders and discover the "undeletable" mails under [Gmail]/Important. I tried to delete from there but it won't delete.

I noticed also that it is always the "group" message (where all messages under the original thread is grouped) that is the culprit.

Any help please?

Last edited by mayfox; 01-28-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Absolutely NOTHING to do with this post.
Closed Thread