BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #181
ATLien

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

This software is great. I have been using it to log my mountain bike rides. Thanks for making a great program. One suggestion I had was maybe the ability to pause the logging. When I ride, I like to sit in good scenery spots and read a book or relax and my bbtracker keeps logging just jumping around in like a 5 foot radius. I just wanted to suggest the function to pause tracking and be able to pick right back up on the same track once I am moving again.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #182
1badss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
0.4.2 might or might not work, depending on your OS version. 0.5.0 will probably have a better chance of running on this device, when it's released.
thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #183
andyuk62

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi Saua

Firstly, thanks for a great application. I have been successfully testing it on my BlackBerry 8800.

I have a problem and a request/suggestion.

Firstly, I have found that when importing the recorded track into GoogleEarth, it knows where the movements were (i.e. it zooms into the right area on the map) but no track information is displayed. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? I can get over this by cutting/pasting the coordinates into a known good KML file but it is a little bit of a hassle.

Secondly, I would ideally like to use your app so it is running silently in the background and can't be seen. As far as I can see, this doesn't seem possible, so an alternative to this would be to have it so that you could switch to a 'lock-out' view, showing no information and which requires a PIN to release the screen, therefore preventing anyone seeing that the BB is in GPS record mode and merely looking like it has been put into a lock-out security mode. Is this something that could be implemented easily?

Thanks again for a great application.

Best regards
Andy
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #184
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

AndyUK, when you import into Google Earth, you may have to hit the check box for the path you are wanting to see.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #185
andyuk62

Carrier: Vodaphone

Thank you That works great!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #186
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyuk62 View Post
Secondly, I would ideally like to use your app so it is running silently in the background and can't be seen. As far as I can see, this doesn't seem possible, so an alternative to this would be to have it so that you could switch to a 'lock-out' view, showing no information and which requires a PIN to release the screen, therefore preventing anyone seeing that the BB is in GPS record mode and merely looking like it has been put into a lock-out security mode. Is this something that could be implemented easily?
On my 8800 I just press the red phone button and it takes me to the main screen, leaving bbTracker running. Another way would be to press alt-back.

I've found that it still keeps running when I put the phone in standby mode, although I can't activate that mode unless I use one of the above methods to get to the main screen first.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #187
MachOne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Default java.lang.Error with bbTracker v0.4.2

I'm trying to launch bbTracker on my 8820, but I get an uncaught exception: java.lang.Error. So far I haven't been able to solve this problem. Any ideas?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #188
hongfengw

Carrier: rogers
Wink How to get logging file without SD card

At first, thanks for the developing this amazing application.
I tested it in my blackberry 8800 device, it is working very well.
If I haven't SD card, how to I get logging file. what the path sould be setup in the optional form. and How to check logging file.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #189
hongfengw

Wink Auto -restart

If it would be better it can be automatically restart and running in the background when we open the cell phone.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #190
pshute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongfengw View Post
If it would be better it can be automatically restart and running in the background when we open the cell phone.
What do you mean by "open the cell phone"? Do you want it running when you unlock it, when you power it up, when you take it off standby? What do you mean by "restart"? Do you want it to save the previous track and start a new one? It sounds like you want it to be running all the time, and I think most people wouldn't use it as much as that. It might eat into your battery life a bit too.

Have you tried configuring your Convenience button to start it? You can also configure bbTracker so that it starts a new track every time you start it.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #191
DaveInVA

I am running version 0.4.2 of bbTracker on an AT&T 8310. The program works fine, but whenever it accesses data on the BB (for example to get an saved track) I get 3 consecutive warning dialogs with the following question "The application bbTracker has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" I answer Yes to each dialog and then continue.

I've read the entire thread and don't see anyone else with this problem, so I'm assuming my installation does not have the correct permissions read/write permissions. How do I change this?

Thanks for an excellent program.

Dave.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #192
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInVA View Post
I am running version 0.4.2 of bbTracker on an AT&T 8310. The program works fine, but whenever it accesses data on the BB (for example to get an saved track) I get 3 consecutive warning dialogs with the following question "The application bbTracker has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" I answer Yes to each dialog and then continue.

I've read the entire thread and don't see anyone else with this problem, so I'm assuming my installation does not have the correct permissions read/write permissions. How do I change this?

Thanks for an excellent program.

Dave.
Usually you should get this message only once and have the possibility to always allow access to the file system. If you don't get this option, then you might want to look into the permissions inside the application list (in the options menu) if there are any non-default settings there.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #193
DaveInVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
Usually you should get this message only once and have the possibility to always allow access to the file system. If you don't get this option, then you might want to look into the permissions inside the application list (in the options menu) if there are any non-default settings there.
The permissions for bbTracker are:

Connections = Custom (the following are "prompt", all others are "allow")
Phone
Carrier Internet
Interactions = Custom (the following are "deny", all others are "allow")
Keystroke Injection
Browser Filtering
Screen Capturing
Security Timer Reset
User Data = Allow

The only difference to the default permissions is Connections->Location(GPS) is "prompt" by default and "allow" for bbTracker.

Just for grins I reset the bbTracker permissions to the defaults and reset the BB. On restarting bbTracker I'm asked to allow access to the GPS (which I do and select not to be asked again). However I'm not given the choice to permanently allow data access, I still get the multiple requests with no "don't ask again" check box.

Dave.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #194
hongfengw

Default log

How to see or check out the log file in the device (blackberry) memory instead of SD card?

Thanks,
Simon
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #195
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

I get a "Error starting bbtracker: Module 'bbtracker' has verification error 2916 at offset 282B" when trying to run this application.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #196
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I found a solution to that one, baccess. Just install JAR not JAD, and it works.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #197
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Wonder when .5 might ever come out.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #198
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
I found a solution to that one, baccess. Just install JAR not JAD, and it works.

That worked, thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #199
am_bb8800
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telstra

Just had a need for a new feature but after searching previous points raised its covered in BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - bbTracker - a simple GPS tracking software

Quote:
- I'd like the option to display a previous track while recording a new one. This is so that I can either follow a previous path, or find my way back to the start. I guess you'd need another colour on there to distinguish the two tracks.
Great backup for my boat GPS.

http://www.geocities.com/amux50
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #200
pshute

Default Some thought about the recording interval

In the options you can change the recording interval from the default 5 seconds to whatever you like. I recently did this while bushwalking. I changed it to 60 seconds - the result is a lot less unnecessary data, and the track looks a lot smoother. Good enough for bushwalking. I was hoping it might increase battery increase but I can't prove that it did.

However, I left it recording while we drove home, and we were involved in a collision. It would have been handy to be able to know our speed for the 30 seconds before the crash, and maybe our position on the road, but of course all it showed was us waiting at the lights, then a minute later 500m down the road.

I guess the position on the road might not be that useful, as it seems to wander around by quite a few metres even while I'm standing still, but it still might have been interesting.

Anyway, I'm just posting this to let people know that you can change this setting to something more appropriate for walking, but that perhaps you ought to think twice about leaving it like that permanently.

As an enhancement, it might be useful if the program recorded the position twice every interval, one second apart. Then it could record a position, speed and direction each time.
Closed Thread