Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
jrdul6748
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Camera Zoom Malfunction

Please Login to Remove!

So, when I use my camera... I can't use my trackball to zoom in and out! I'm using the O2 OS still, because apparently T-Mobile has the nerve to tell me seven days in a row that the traffic for the updated OS is too high for me to upgrade... Ridiculous.

Is this a problem with the O2, because I never noticed until just recently when I chose to take a few pictures. Plus, does anyone else know of an alternative website for the latest OS update?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
sman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

check this thread to download the latest update from Cingular: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ngular+upgrade

be sure to delete the vendor.xml file from your computer before downloading to your BB.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdul6748
So, when I use my camera... I can't use my trackball to zoom in and out! I'm using the O2 OS still, because apparently T-Mobile has the nerve to tell me seven days in a row that the traffic for the updated OS is too high for me to upgrade... Ridiculous.

Is this a problem with the O2, because I never noticed until just recently when I chose to take a few pictures. Plus, does anyone else know of an alternative website for the latest OS update?
Just a note, as all things should work on your Pearl, but I'd prefer that the zoom function NOT work with the trackball.

The zoom feature is worthless on the Pearl so I tire of having to be careful not to accidentally zoom by touching the trackball when taking a pic.

Wish I knew how your zoom became inoperable because I'd like to get mine to NOT work.

As to the fix, have you done a battery reset?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
rkkeller
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I agree !! The zoom is more of a pain to me than its worth. Almost every picture I want to take it zooms in and I have to zoom it back out.

I know its me doing it but its a pain.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
rivviepop

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller
I agree !! The zoom is more of a pain to me than its worth. Almost every picture I want to take it zooms in and I have to zoom it back out.

I know its me doing it but its a pain.
I third the sentiment, motion passed! This is a horrible UI element on the part of RIM, it makes taking pics a pain. I've used a lot of phonecams and this is one of the worst issues I've found yet on any of them.

(not to mention the Pearl zoom is useless, it makes a tiny pixellated waste of photons)
Old 01-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

Are you pressing in on the ball to "take" the picture (thus inadvertently rolling the zoom) or are you pressing the (Cingular default?) right side button (convenience key) to take the picture?

..just wanted to add that I also, wish for an option to disable zoom.

Last edited by baccess; 01-31-2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccess
Are you pressing in on the ball to "take" the picture (thus inadvertently rolling the zoom) or are you pressing the (Cingular default?) right side button (convenience key) to take the picture?

..just wanted to add that I also, wish for an option to disable zoom.
I used to press the ball, but now use a key. But I still have to be careful not to move the trackball when shifting the Pearl around.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

A reboot usually fixes the lack of zoom issue. Remove the battery and reinsert.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
jcextreme
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Tmobile

Using the +/- keys works for me, trackball just too sensitive sometimes.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #10
kingpearl

Default zoom function restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdul6748

I had a similar problem with my pearl from tmo. I had to do a hard reset,after backing up my data,and that solved the problem.

here are the steps i did:

1.backed up all data to computer

2. went to options--->Security options---->General settings---> press the menu key(one beside the green call key),and scroll to wipehandheld and confirm

3. restored data after handheld was wiped.

now everything works like new.

Hope this helps.first post, so please go easy.
Closed Thread