maxstuff2003

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Need Urgent Repy....! thx

Please Login to Remove!

hello,..
I have a bb curve 8520 thier are few things i want to know
I want a full free version of ms office where i can view,edit and even open password protected files..including all word,excel,power point and pdf ....secondly,
also i want to configure my canon office printer to my bb as my printer is already in wireless connection.and how to make wifi as default for browsing....
Thx i know here must ne many bb experts and knowledgeable guys who can help me regarding this.........

Regard's
Nitin
Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: Need Urgent Repy....! thx

Doesn't exist. You can get Documents To Go [google dataviz] which for FREE will give you the ability to open word, excel and powerpoint. But NOT pdf. Pdf you have to pay for the premium version, and I haven't yet seen a free pdf reader for blackberry.

You need a 3rd party app, and even then I can't guarantee it'll work with your printer. [Only one I'm aware of is for HP]

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

There's no free option for opening PDF files on a BlackBerry. You can "view" them as attachments to email messages, but you can't "open" them without a paid application.

And as noted above, you can edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in the free version of Documents to Go, but the editing options are limited in the free version.

Not sure about password protected documents in either version.

As to WiFi browsing, the OS will default automatically to the WiFi connection if you are connected to it. But you still need a BlackBerry Data Plan for browsing.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I believe the premium doc's to go will open password protected files -- I read it when buying -- but I have not found a menu selection to create/save files with password protection within doc's to go. I haven't yet actually tested opening a password protected file created in MS Word or a password protected PDF.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
rramctd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Virgin

Confirmed I just tried to open a password file and no go with the basic word on a blackberry. It wants me to purchase the premium.
Be cool if open office would get on the bb bandwagon and have some good options

as for pdf I purchased beamreader which seems to work but buying the full version of the documents to go might be the best bet if they open pdf. looks like its only 15 bucks. Might get it myself for that.

Last edited by rramctd; 02-03-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I've been having good experience with the Premium Doc's to Go....but still learning.

Found it will show (and hide) tracked changes in a file that are made in full Word on a computer and then the file put on the BlackBerry, and you can quickly skip forward and backward to the changes....But you cannot do tracked changes within doc's to go on the BlackBerry. You can add comments, however.

The files add on for sync'ing docs between computer and BlackBerry is nice. Once thing though, the instructions read that you must download AND run desktop manager. Maybe what is meant is that you need to run the installer to install desktop manager. However, the files add on will not function if desktop manager is running (there will be an error telling you to turn off mass storage mode...).
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

If you keep your eyes open for it, you can often find a discount offer on the Docs To Go Premium Edition.
Closed Thread