BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #101
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Look at browser-options-general options as I assume the font size is an issue for you and her

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #102
Infobahn

Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I just moved from the Storm, and I am glad to have a keyboard again.

My one issue (HELP!) is that as I am typing, I am getting random letters being capitalized. How do I get this to stop?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #103
sbbytor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I am on my second Tour but I have to say this is by far the best BB I have ever owned. My first Tour had some OS issues (it kept re-booting) but this one works perfect. My only issue would be that I wish they made it the same size as the Bold. A bit bigger and this would be perfect.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #104
sbbytor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg066 View Post
Hello, Just got 2 new BB tour 9630. Main trouble is the Call forwarding. It does not give you the option to foward "some" calls rather than "all" calls. Page 17 of my Sprint instruction booklet says it should be able to do that. The options stated in the book that should appear on the phone (ie: To foward only unanswered calls : Click All Calls ( that option never appears anywhere on the screen!!!!!!!!) I have literally spent hours and hours on the phone with tech support, had my consultants on the phone with Sprint & Blackberry and Blackberry says it's Sprints fault and Sprint doesn't understand any of it. Very Very frustrating!!!! Can anyone advise?????
Well there's your problem your on Sprint.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #105
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by usblues1965 View Post
Bought my girlfriend a Tour Thursday, I'm still trying to help her get things set up on it. I'm having to learn a few things myself along the way! I don't like the way the browser displays a web page. I have tried to change the setting so that I can see it better, I tried mobile view and its still tiny, with the magnifying glass over it. I don't want the over view, is there a way tyo change that, or is she stuck with it?

In the browser options, general properties, you can select page view or column view. With page view the font is too small for me and it has horizontal scroll if you zoom in. In column view it looks much better and I can read it.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #106
xqb3b

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verison

This is my first Blackberry (former Treo user). My initial impression is that of a solid piece of equipment, except for the trackball. I noted in early reviews a universal criticism of the trackball, but I thought that might just be the result of "evaluation" models. On many occasions, I have to swipe the trackball repeatedly to get the cursor to move -- other times it moves right away. Certainly gives the impression of a "less than quality" product.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #107
ItsAllVerbatim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour

Here's one:

During music playback (with speaker AND with headphones, happens either way) when a text, Facebook notification or e-mail is received it not only pauses, but REWINDS the song to the beginning - every. single. time.

Please BBM me if you know how to fix this.
My PIN: 30B1AF56
Old 07-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #108
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtprvctr
#1 problem for me - muffled voice quality, you sound muffled to other people and they sound muffled to you. You can boost the treble during the call by hitting menu and enhance audio but it is still not as good as say the 8830. It is definitely a noticeable step down from the older blackberries in this aspect. The Storm has this problem as well. It's really sad as Verizon has this kickass network yet you're crippled by sh*tty hardware; I guess times are tough so RIM decided it was time to start cutting corners, unfortunately this is NEVER something you should cut corners on for something that's supposed to be a PHONE, ugh this makes me upset.
--------------------------------------------------------------
page 18 in the User Guide:
1. In the phone application, press the Menu key.
2. Click Options.
3. Click General Options
4. Change the Enhance Headset Call Audio or Enhance Handset Call Audio fields.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Save

I am going to heed your advise because we are having muffled sound issues on both of the new Tours we bought. The sound of the other person is just not pure and clear. Muffled. That's the best way I can describe their voice and they say my voice sounds the same on their end. We couldn't both have received two phones with the same issue so I'm not sure a return would fix it. Going to try your suggestion and get back... Thanks for posting this Irish 10.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #109
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok Irish 10...

The above seems to have worked!

We boosted the treble on both handsets and increased call volume 100%.

Muchos gracias mate!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #110
dohturdima

Carrier: Sprint

OK, I am on Sprint :(, am a BB newbie who move up from Treo 755p. A few positives first - Tour is a massive, massive upgrade from Treo almost in every respect. I don't have an issue with the battery door, but had a Seidio OEM sized battery in the Treo which lasted 30% longer than stock (will not get one for the Tour because the SEIDIO is only 15% better). Battery life is, as expected, shorter because of much more data-intensive use of the phone - I hated going online with the slow Treo. Battery pull even with Quickpull app is very long, sure - but unlike the POS Treo the Tour crashed only once (BBWeather had to be unistalled).

My biggest issues thus far:

1) No roaming toggle between Sprint and Verizon? I could set my Treo to roam only and get good VZV reception, Sprint while cheaper admittedly sucks. I have unlimited roaming on my plan, yet in office get 1 to 0 bars of Sprint coverage and the phone does not switch to VZV unless there is NADA Sprint reception. We absolutely need some sort of roaming toggle or hack for Sprint Tours.

2) My bluetooth headset (Plantronics 925) sounded great on Treo's ancient BT - but is vevy vevy quiet (I can hear them, they can't hear me kind of quiet) on Tour.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #111
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

1) Don't know
2) Do the same thing Irish 10 suggested above in my quote and enhance your headset volume. If that doesn't work try out the new Jawbone Prime but don't buy from store. Too expensive. Get over internet $40 cheaper.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #112
hard10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Alltel / VZW

SM, still not working with the Jawbone but tried it on the Harley Davidson with a full face helmet and it worked perfectly.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #113
jrussett

Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infobahn View Post
I just moved from the Storm, and I am glad to have a keyboard again.

My one issue (HELP!) is that as I am typing, I am getting random letters being capitalized. How do I get this to stop?

if you hold down on a specific letter for too long it gets capitalized automatically...it's one of blackberry's "shortcuts"....not sure if you can turn it off
Old 07-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #114
dohturdima

Quote:
Originally Posted by $tockmarket View Post
2) Do the same thing Irish 10 suggested above in my quote and enhance your headset volume. If that doesn't work try out the new Jawbone Prime but don't buy from store. Too expensive. Get over internet $40 cheaper.
Took care of 2) maxed the Treble and volume, and that seemed to do the trick. BT is still far from what it used to be on the Treo but is much much better now than before volume enhancement.

App developers: I and many of us stuck on Sprint would absolutely pay a nice roaming only hack app
Old 07-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #115
9duc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Main issue for me is the trackball isn't very smooth horizontally... not sure if that is a hardware issue or software glitch?

Also, I did have a loose battery door, but fixed it with a piece of electrical tape.

Otherwise, the device seems great, I don't have any of the other issues listed in this thread...
Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #116
redsoxnation
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: SPRINT

Ok my two cents. I got my first blackberry ten years ago. Started out on the 7000 series. Then had a 8700, 8703, Pearl, curve and now the tour. This is by far the worst blackberry ever made! Call quality sucks! And yes I've changed all the setting in audio. Bottom line is you shouldn't have to. The phone should ship working. Not sounding like I have marbles in my mouth when on a call. Track ball sucks. Have to scroll sometimes five times to get it to move. "O" button sticks constantly. Battery life is literly half of all other bb's I've had. Browser is absolutly horible compaired to even the curve. Keyboard is the worst of any balckberry on the market "this coming from a guy that thinks the curve has the best keyboard on the market. Big giant thumbs down!!!! I'll be trying to trade this on craigslist for a 8520 when it comes out.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #117
michael12005
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Tour

Great win by Sox today, and my Tour is the best sounding phone I have ever owned. Clear. loud and crisp!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #118
qronos
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I can't imagine anyone saying this is the best sounding phone they ever had. My wife and I both got them, and the sound quality was AWFUL. I've owned a bunch of Blackberrys over time, no complaint with any of them, and Tour was straight up terrible.

THe receiving sound could be fixed with the enhance settings, but there was nothing to do about the call quality when you called someone else.

Don't get this phone!!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #119
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

If you read this thread, you would see that not everyone has that problem. Just because yours is bad, doesn't mean everyone's is bad.

Mine has great call quality, no problem at all.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #120
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Carrier: VZW Bold

This is the best sounding BB I have ever owned...