Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Tdaz250
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Smile new blackberry user?

Please Login to Remove!

hey everyone, i had a question. my mom is a loan officer, and shes complaining that she wants a phone that can sync here outlook email and calender. are blackberrys good at this?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
mdonders
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
PIN: 23DD311D
Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberrys will sync very well with Outlook's calendar.

The e-mail, instead of being sync'd will be forwarded to her phone and she will receive it there.

Blackberrys are great for e-mail and calendar functions!

Click here for Free Money! - Yea its free.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
jwerges
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
PIN: 23DE21B3
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can sync Outlook wirelessly if you are using BES. Otherwise you can still sync your calendar, contacts, etc if you are using BIS. BES is usually offered through corporations that provide the service to their BB users. You can also purchase the service individually through various 3rd party companies. I think several of those companies advertise on this forum. And yes, BB's are wonderful at handling e-mail and calendars. Highly recommended!

Mr. Blonde

Last edited by jwerges; 05-10-2007 at 05:23 PM..
Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I worked in the mortgage world for a while. My blackberry was my sanity.

There are other choices out there, such as palm and windows based devices. But she will probably end up more frustrated with them then anything.

Blackberrys are very solid, and everything she needs to do for time management can be addressed.

If she has any specific questions, pass them on. That is why we are here!

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
FroogleThis

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS

I would suggest Blackberry, simply out of experience. I've used those pretty, fancy Pocket PC's and Treo's. Too many horror stories to talk about. I almost switched to a Treo 700wx a week or so ago after playing with a co-workers. But he called me a few nights after getting it complaining of it freezing and crashing.

Just my opinion anyways. :P

Last edited by FroogleThis; 05-10-2007 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Welcome to the forums btw.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
LaTuFu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FA4D95
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

I agree, the calendar and email and other time/contact management abilities of the BB is excellent.

And now with models like the Pearl, users (like me) who have always resisted these phones because of their bulk can have the best of both worlds.

Just as a side note, some of you have seen this before, I am sure. I am showing a buddy of mine my Pearl, first time he had seen one. He immediately pulls out his Treo to show me the full QWERTY and starts to brag on how much better his has to be just because of the keyboard. Another friend is having an argument over the betting lines for the Kentucky Derby. So we both begin surfing our browsers over to a site to find the lineup. I load up a page, give the other guy the information, and go on back to what I was doing. 15 minutes later my buddy is still messing with his Treo. It had locked up and crashed 3 times while trying to browse, and he was sitting there fiddling with it trying to get it to work. Ended up having to do a hard rest with a paper clip in the back. I had to laugh a little bit.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
FroogleThis

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
I agree, the calendar and email and other time/contact management abilities of the BB is excellent.

And now with models like the Pearl, users (like me) who have always resisted these phones because of their bulk can have the best of both worlds.

Just as a side note, some of you have seen this before, I am sure. I am showing a buddy of mine my Pearl, first time he had seen one. He immediately pulls out his Treo to show me the full QWERTY and starts to brag on how much better his has to be just because of the keyboard. Another friend is having an argument over the betting lines for the Kentucky Derby. So we both begin surfing our browsers over to a site to find the lineup. I load up a page, give the other guy the information, and go on back to what I was doing. 15 minutes later my buddy is still messing with his Treo. It had locked up and crashed 3 times while trying to browse, and he was sitting there fiddling with it trying to get it to work. Ended up having to do a hard rest with a paper clip in the back. I had to laugh a little bit.
Then it's agreed. Giving someone a Pocket PC is like giving them a Volkswagen. Pretty on the outside, fun at first glance, but deep down you'll pay the retail price 6 times over before you finally figure out you should have just bought a Honda.
Closed Thread