Proud to Serve USAF
Old 08-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #42
kwang98131
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
yea you need to download tune transfer, and if i remember itunes is drag and drop, you drag the songs into itunes, and decide from there what you want on your ipod, how difficult is that? iTunes encodes in every format except .ogg, and .wma, everything else is fair game
Maybe you just need a mac, it just works

drag and drop.. yah with the installation of THERE software!.. other mp3 players the cheap ones for ex: my old iRiver was a usb drive basically and i can drag/drop any file including ogg and wma and STILL play it.. also iRiver never required any software.. jsut usb driver for it and your ready to go liek a jump drive! and be able to sharre from that device without the hassel of compyright hacks etc..
so far my iPod nano is ok.. works 90% of the time id say.. sometimes it is very slow and laggy and i have to do a hard reset on it. not as reliable for the most part and battery life on it is crap.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #43
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

What is happening is the experience of PC users in general - relatively frequent hiccups with software. The iPod is made to run natively with a Mac, not PC. Apple updated them several yrs ago to work with PCs, but they still have hiccups. And it is NOT because they are Apple products, it's quite the opposite. It's because they are being "fudged" to work with PCs. In a PC world you must expect such problems. Until you make the full switch and get a Mac and a Mac version iPod, you will have such issues on occasion. As for the iRiver, it's a piece of junk. I had a couple of them before I went Mac and they were much less reliable than my iPods. But these are just my observations, YMMV.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #44
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

I have two USB drives that work amazingly well between a Mac and a PC...plug it in and it automagically loads the driver and shows them as mass storage devices. I think that's what the poster was getting at. If this could be done with an iPod, that would be the ultimate experience.

I have a Mobiblue Cube for an MP3 player. Sounds decent (i'm not an audiophile) and to put songs on i connect to a computer (mac or pc) and it shows as a mass storage device. Drag, drop, create folders, etc. This ability on an iPod would probably convince me to buy one finally.

Zro
Closed Thread