BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
bradtinakids

Model: 7290
Default Searching Ebay with my Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

I have searched the forums and have not found this topic addressed previously, please direct me to the appropriate thread if I missed it.

I am using a BB7290 which I purchased from a t-mobile dealer for the main purpose of searching COMPLETED Listings on ebay. When I first started using the device I was able to do this by going to ebay.com, choosing advanced search, typing in my keywords, checking the completed listings box, search, and then sign in. Then i could back up over and over again to do a new search without reentering my password. It would display items exactly as it does on my pc with gallery pics, titles, high bids, etc... and I could click on a title to see a description.

This is exactly what I need to be able to do. ONly now when I follow the same process It will supposedly complete a search and tell me how many items were found but will not display the rest of the page with the items, gallery pics, titles, prices etc... I have not been able to use it this way since 3-17-06.

I have contacted t-mobile customer support who told me to contact ebay customer support who gave me an answer which did not relate at all to my question and have not thus far responded to my response.

I have also looked for other blackberry users on ebays seller and power seller discussion boards with no success.

I have tried wap.ebay.com and mmm.ebay.com but neither of those sites allow me to do completed searches.

Surely, surely, I am not the only ebay seller who is using the blackberry this way? Can someone help me?

Also I have experimented with different settings and am not sure what I really need turned on and off etc.. Right now I have everything turned on I think. I need to be able to see pictures, titles and prices. I don't mind if it is slow but if there are setting that will help me make it more efficient I'd like to know what they are.

BTW, please keep in mind I'm not real familiar with all the lingo on this site.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...t=Viewing+Ebay
Old 03-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
bradtinakids

Thanks but....The link given there only allows me to search active items. There is not an option on the wap site to search Completed listings.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
bradtinakids

I am still having issues with the blackberry and completed searches on ebay. I changed my settings to allow javascript and javascript pop ups and it worked for a short time and then I began getting errors and or a blank screen after signing in to completed item search. I can browse other sites and go to most other areas on ebay even the discussion board that requires an additional sign in.

If someone uses their blackberry this way can you please tell me what all you settings are. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Blackcrack
No longer Registered.

Model: 7520

ebay should be fine with bb
Old 04-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
bradtinakids

So what am I doing wrong?

I am recieving errors when I use it at my local auction house which is outside of town and has a metal roof. I read on t-mobiles site today that those errors may be related to location and repowering is necessary. I repowered and was able to use it several times at 2 different locations but at the 2nd location after a few searches I got connection errors and was unable to regain access to completed search even after repowering it. Then it told me my battery was too low. *sigh* So I am going to recharge and try again tomorrow.