Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #41
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschinke View Post
I'm not having any luck synching with my 8830.

I've created a database file on my BB in KeePassBB 1.2.948, changed the default location under options, and am able to access the file on my BB.

On my desktop, I have created a .kdbx file and used it for some time with KeePass 2.06 beta. It is now well populated, but I am constrained to keep some passwords overly simple until I can get them stored on my BB. I have Desktop Manager 4.7, with the KeePass for BB add-in 1.2.948.0 installed (with some trouble -- the install with the .msi failed, but a "repair" got the .dll registered) and pointed to my .kdbx file.

When I synch, Desktop Manager reports "There was an error on the device, probably a bad password. Use <ALT>LGLG on the device to check the log". On my BB, a KeePass for BlackBerry pop-up appears after the synch attempt and displays "Failed to decrypt desktop database... java.lang.RuntimeException: header: Bad database file signature"

This is the same error I get if I tell the Desktop Manager add-in to use some random file rather than my .kdbx file. Is there any way I can confirm that it is using the right file, or are there any other debugging steps I should attempt?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sam
KeePass for BlackBerry doesn't yet support KeePass v2 kdbx files.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #42
sschinke

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
KeePass for BlackBerry doesn't yet support KeePass v2 kdbx files.
Ah, that would explain it! I'll look into exporting my passwords to v1 on my desktop then.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Are there plans to support v2 on the BB in the future? No pressure, I appreciate the software as is, but I am the curious type.

Regards,
Sam
Old 12-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #43
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschinke View Post
Are there plans to support v2 on the BB in the future? No pressure, I appreciate the software as is, but I am the curious type.

Regards,
Sam
Yep, it's on my list. I didn't realize that v2 moved from Alpha to Beta stage last month.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #44
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Default KeePassBB v 1.2 - Build 1.2.975 - Released December 14 2008

KeePassBB v 1.2 - Build 1.2.975 - Released December 14 2008
**Fixed**
2430174 Icon Chooser doesn't respond to escape or cancel
2430160 Password field in entry needs complex input disabled
2430143 KeePass for the desktop has icons that keepassbb doesn't
2428696 Homescreen icon on Bold looks bad
2311739 Large Database - out of memory
2290712 Crash when deleting entries or groups
2264127 App Hide Function is Very Slow
2250626 Unable to save items
2226082 Menu - (Database) Close has no effect
2226057 Search by "Title or URL Contains" doesn't work

**Added** 2430172 Synch font sizes to the same units as device options
2430164 Make FYAT search all entry fields
2430430 Add Copy Password capability

FOR THOSE HAVING SYNC OR BACKUP PROBLEMS:
Please remember that when you plug your device into a desktop USB port and you have Mass Storage Mode enabled, the BlackBerry
loses access to the SDCard and on OS 4.6 and greater, it also loses access to /store/home/user. If that's where your kdb and/or keyfiles
are, you won't be able to sync or backup unless you disable Mass Storage Mode. Alternatively, a safe place to keep your files is
/store/home/user on pre OS 4.6 devices and /system/keepass on OS 4.6 and later.

Download Link: F5 BlackBerry Utilities

Last edited by RemyJ; 12-15-2008 at 12:30 AM..
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #45
GadgetGuru72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted

Thank you!!

Deletes are working now.

Also, navigation seems to be much faster now. Backing out of entries is now instantaneous, whereas it used to take a few seconds.

Great release.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #46
dmacd

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange UK

I can't seem to display any entries in Build 1.2.975. When clicking on any entry and selecting menu option 'Edit/View' I get the following error:

Uncaught Exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException.

Thanks.

Update: It seems to only happen when I set the 'Read Only Mode' option to on.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #47
tomvolare

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

1.2.975 solved all my backup problems. Excellent job, and a heartfelt thank you!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #48
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuru72 View Post
Wirelessly posted

Thank you!!

Deletes are working now.

Also, navigation seems to be much faster now. Backing out of entries is now instantaneous, whereas it used to take a few seconds.

Great release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvolare View Post
1.2.975 solved all my backup problems. Excellent job, and a heartfelt thank you!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
I can't seem to display any entries in Build 1.2.975. When clicking on any entry and selecting menu option 'Edit/View' I get the following error:

Thanks.

Let me look. There's always something I forget to test.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #49
GadgetGuru72

RemyJ-

I think I might have spoken too soon in stating that it solved all the problems.

The delete issue is fixed, and it is responding more quickly, but now I can no longer sync.

The sync worked perfectly on 1.2.948, but now I can't get it to work at all on 1.2.975. On the desktop, I get a "device error" and on the BB I get an error that it cannot decrypt the desktop database. The desktop database file and the one on my BB are identical, and have the same password. I tested and confirmed, and even tried re-copying the desktop file to my BB. It still errors out and will not sync.

Any ideas?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #50
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
RemyJ-

I think I might have spoken too soon in stating that it solved all the problems.

The delete issue is fixed, and it is responding more quickly, but now I can no longer sync.

The sync worked perfectly on 1.2.948, but now I can't get it to work at all on 1.2.975. On the desktop, I get a "device error" and on the BB I get an error that it cannot decrypt the desktop database. The desktop database file and the one on my BB are identical, and have the same password. I tested and confirmed, and even tried re-copying the desktop file to my BB. It still errors out and will not sync.

Any ideas?
So, if you copy your desktop file to the blackberry and try to open it (bypassing the sync process) it won't open???
Old 12-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #51
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacd View Post

Thanks.

Bug. I'll fix and release another version tonight.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #52
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
So, if you copy your desktop file to the blackberry and try to open it (bypassing the sync process) it won't open???
If I copy the desktop file to the BB, it will open and work just fine. But, when I try to sync, I get the error.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #53
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
If I copy the desktop file to the BB, it will open and work just fine. But, when I try to sync, I get the error.
Hmmm.

Can you try something for me...

In KeePassBB, go to options and clear the database from the "Specify a database file..." field. Then try the sync and see if KeePassBB creates the file. Then make some changes on either KeePassBB or on the desktop and sync again.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #54
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
Hmmm.

In KeePassBB, go to options and clear the database from the "Specify a database file..." field. Then try the sync and see if KeePassBB creates the file. Then make some changes on either KeePassBB or on the desktop and sync again.
I will try tonight when I get home, or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #55
tomvolare

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Hmmm.

I'm also in the same boat. I tried what you suggested RemyJ, and cleared the database on the BB. First sync, works! Changed something on in Keepass on my computer, re-sync - Error.

Cleared the database path again, now I can't sync (or push) either. Strange.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #56
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvolare View Post
I'm also in the same boat. I tried what you suggested RemyJ, and cleared the database on the BB. First sync, works! Changed something on in Keepass on my computer, re-sync - Error.

Cleared the database path again, now I can't sync (or push) either. Strange.

Hope this helps.
Can you try this with an empty database? Just start from scratch all the way around.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #57
Conductordude

Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default Temp workaround for syncing

I too have had the problem discussed immediatley above... What I found was that if I ran Keepass on the Blackberry, and left it 'running' and then connected to my pc via usb, I could sync with the desktop, regardless if the changes were to the pc keepass database... everything syncs fine... if I don't 'open' keepas on the bb, then I get the same error as previously mentioned....
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #58
alchemista

Carrier: Verizon

On initial setup, I get the bad password error. The instructions don't mention that you're required to first go into your BB and add the master password. I did that and the error I now get during sync is:

"Failed to decrypt desktop database...
java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad password or corrupted file"

I can open KeepassBB on the BB and the database is open locally. However, the sync is the only part that doesn't work.

Similar errors have occurred ever since I tried KeepassBB, and it makes it unusable except for a one-time manual transfer of the full database to the BB. I hope it all gets fixed.

using KeepassBB 1.2.975, using Keepass v1.14 on the desktop
35 groups, 912 entries

Last edited by alchemista; 12-23-2008 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #59
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

I'm trying to figure these issues out but not having much success. My syncs always seem to go fine. I'm still working on it though.

Are you guys using keyfiles?

Two things to remember...

You must have opened the database successfully on the device at least once before syncing and the password for the device database must be exactly the same as the desktop database.

If your device database is stored on the SDCard (or in your home directory on OS 4.6 or later) and you have Mass Storage Mode enabled, the device will not have access to the database when you plug the USB cable in.

Now a question...

Would you rather be promted for your password from the desktop when you sync instead of having to remember to open the databasse on the device before synching?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #60
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
I'm trying to figure these issues out but not having much success. My syncs always seem to go fine. I'm still working on it though.

Are you guys using keyfiles?

Two things to remember...

You must have opened the database successfully on the device at least once before syncing and the password for the device database must be exactly the same as the desktop database.

If your device database is stored on the SDCard (or in your home directory on OS 4.6 or later) and you have Mass Storage Mode enabled, the device will not have access to the database when you plug the USB cable in.

Now a question...

Would you rather be promted for your password from the desktop when you sync instead of having to remember to open the databasse on the device before synching?
I have opened KeePass on the BB and the Desktop prior to syncing and still no luck. I keep getting the same error.

My database is stored on the SDCard. I have Mass Storage Mode set to "prompt." So, when I connect the BB, it asks if I want to enable Mass Storage Mode. I select "no," and it tries to sync, but fails.

To be sure, I went into the settings and manually turned Mass Storage Mode off, and I still get the same error.

As for your question, being prompted for the password from the desktop would be great. I frequently have to pull the battery on my BB in order to deal with memory leak issues, and often forget to open KeePass prior to a sync. Being prompted to enter the password would save the trouble of having to have a partial sync, open KeePass, and then sync again.

By the way, I had absolutely ZERO problems when I was using KeePass for BB version 1.0.6 and had BlackBerry OS 4.2 on my Pearl 8100. Everything worked flawlessly and it was a joy to use.

I then upgraded by BB OS to 4.5, and upgraded KeePass BB to the latest version. Since that time, I have had CONSTANT backup and sync problems.
Closed Thread