Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Deleting an Email Address/Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using an email address since I bought the phone. It is the default email/calendar. I have now got a gmail address and set up an email on the phone and imported my Outlook calendar to a gmail calendar on the web. When I went to sync web to phone I selected my gmail calendar under calendar options thinking it would sync to it. It doubled up my default calendar. I then changed my default to gmail, no luck. I deleted the calendar thru desktop manager, I did a backup to DM before I started all this. I was able at that point to sync both by doing a reset sync, so all events are now coordinated between phone and web.

If I drop the original email address. How do I take it off phone without deleting the current calendar events. I know how to delete the email from phone thru the phone or the BIS site. And how to delete cical and cmime thru service books. Just not sure if that will erase calendar events and how to make the gmail calendar retain the events. It seems they are tied to this original email address calendar. I know where to go to reset default services. I can also back up this calendar to DM before I delete the original email address. Even when I selected gmail as the default calendar it still used the original calendar as the default when trying to sync.

I hope this is not too confusing and is easier than I think. Just want advice before I delete the original email address from phone. I may change ISP is why I would do this.