Old 09-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #241
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd78
I have not been able to get any sound notifications. I have all the settings correct in ramble, and I have also made sure all the audio events are set with some sound in my active profile.

Anyone else having this issue? I have a 7100t with latest firmware from tmo.

Thanks for your efforts in getting Ramble back up and running Rambler! They are very much appreciated.
Ok, looks like I messed up the sounds. Also, if anyone else is getting a new copy of their buddy list every time the client reconnects, I've got a fix for that I'm currently testing. I'll try to get sounds working correctly again also, but for some reason they keep eluding me
Old 09-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #242
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Rambler,

It still does not vibrate when someone IM's me. All I get is a window asking if I want to accept the IM. Once I say yes, it will vibrate every time the other person sends the next line. I've checked the options but none of them makes it vibrate until I click yes to accept IM. If it's in the holster there is no way to tell if I'm being IM'ed or not. Prior to these updates it did vibrate. Am I the only one with this problem? (BTW, I'm Deaf, so if it is ringing I wouldn't know.)
Old 09-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #243
ROBO5O

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

Just like to say thank you to the people that were involved in the Ramble adventure. Your service were greatly appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #244
djseto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Anyone else noticing that with some of the new fixes, that the program is running a bit sluggish. I know the 7100t doesnt have the cpu power of the 72XX series..
Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #245
kd78

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto
Anyone else noticing that with some of the new fixes, that the program is running a bit sluggish. I know the 7100t doesnt have the cpu power of the 72XX series..
Yes there seems to be a bit more delay between messages than there was on the old versions.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #246
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbos
Why don't you develop a AIM client? Yah...I figured that much.

Because thats not my Mojo. I work on computers for a living. And you can be damn sure that when i fix them, they work. Rambler seems to have a nack for making Black Berry software we all want / need. I dont need some smart ass kid telling me to make an AIM client, when that's Ramblers thing.

When I do something I am good at, I make sure it works fully and to the extend that it is supposed to work before I leave it at my job.

I wasn't bashing him, I was just saying it doesn't work on my BB 7250 and I will wait until a final release before getting frustrated with a bet

Get off the Internet More
Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #247
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Well I too have a 7250 and this version works fine for me so I would be willing to bet that it is something with your phone rather than the softrware. And in my eyes unless you are willing and or able to fix something or help with the development, especially when it is a free application, I would keep quiet. Period. End of story. The rest of us are grateful, you have another choice, dont use it.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 09-26-2005 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #248
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by compscibOi
Because thats not my Mojo. I work on computers for a living. And you can be damn sure that when i fix them, they work. Rambler seems to have a nack for making Black Berry software we all want / need. I dont need some smart ass kid telling me to make an AIM client, when that's Ramblers thing.

When I do something I am good at, I make sure it works fully and to the extend that it is supposed to work before I leave it at my job.

I wasn't bashing him, I was just saying it doesn't work on my BB 7250 and I will wait until a final release before getting frustrated with a bet

You get paid when you fix a computer which allows you the time and incentive to assure it's 100% perfect. I'm sure Rambler has the same standard for what he's paid to do. AHem, get my drift?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #249
FallToFragments

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Hot DAMN! Thanks so much for the update and your continuing efforts in givin us the goods :D I missed Ramble while it was away!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #250
madrabbitt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 305DF5EC
Carrier: T-mobile

I dont know if its already been answered, i only skimmed the last few pages.

On the nextel units, if you get kicked back to the home screen while trying to log on, no matter what you do. In the Ramble IM setup (under options) find the network connection option. If its set to device default, switch it to one of the other two options, then try to connect. If that doesnt work, switch it to the other option.

If its not set to device default, set it to device default first, then the other options next.

Eventually it'll connect.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #251
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
You get paid when you fix a computer which allows you the time and incentive to assure it's 100% perfect. I'm sure Rambler has the same standard for what he's paid to do. AHem, get my drift?

Don't get the drift but whatever
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #252
bbyblackberry

I just want to say beautiful job with the new Ramble update, Now i can tell who is away and who is on a mobile screen name, Very good Thank you
Old 09-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #253
twomblys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Whenever I click on download from the site, it takes me to a page where I enter my email, accept an agreement, etc... I click OK there and I go back to the site's main page. It's been that way for me forever. Any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #254
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Angry

Well let me say it like this he is developing this product on his own personal time. He could charge you for it but he doesnt, it works just fine on my nextel 7520. So I am not sure what your problem is but just because it doesnt work on yours doent mean the product doesnt work. He put the beta out because everyone was riding him to put it out, when he put it out he told everyone what the issues were and that he would fix them and now he is saying that there is more to come so be patient or go buy verichat or one of the other paid IM clients
Quote:

Old 09-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #255
MustangOn22s
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Is it just me, or is http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/ down? When I try to get to it, i get a bad DNS error.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #256
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangOn22s
Is it just me, or is http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/ down? When I try to get to it, i get a bad DNS error.
You know, it appears that DNS at SRA seems to be down. I can't get to the site either. Frankly, I'm amazed because the gentleman who runs the external servers is freaking cracker-jack at his job. Must have been a serious crash.

I'm sure they'll have it back up shortly. Sorry for the problem.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #257
Rambler

Quote:

I completely understand wanting to wait for beta software to go 1.0, that's why there is a beta. Everyone, please understand that all feedback is helpful, and lets try to keep things as friendly as possible. (It is very flattering to have such enthusiastic users).

P.S. Mojo used to be the name of my development machine Cracked me up to see you use it in a sentence.

Last edited by Rambler; 09-27-2005 at 09:37 AM..
Old 09-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #258
MustangOn22s
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

So theres no other mirror for ramble? How bout ya send it to me then rambler
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #259
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangOn22s