Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Duster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: cingular
Default IT Policy tranfer

Please Login to Remove!

In my Default policy i have all wireless calendar disable. but i have a separate policy called wirlesscal policy in which the wireless calendar is enable. This is the problem i have if i have a user who i add to my default policy if i active those users in the default policy and then transfer them to the new wirelesscal policy. they still keep the settings from the old policy in which the calendar is disable. however if i add the user and move them to the wirlesscal policy before they get activited then it works. I tried resending the it policy- that doesnt work,service books that still doesn't work. the olny way around it is to delete and readd the user then transfer them before activation. I dont want to do this since i will have to tranfer 300 users to the new policy. I need help
Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Most likely the Default policy is setting the Wireless Reconciliation to 'No' in the calendar options. The new policy is just allowing it, not forcing it to 'Yes'. See if you are manually able to change it on the device afer you switch a device to the other policy.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Duster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Most likely the Default policy is setting the Wireless Reconciliation to 'No' in the calendar options. The new policy is just allowing it, not forcing it to 'Yes'. See if you are manually able to change it on the device afer you switch a device to the other policy.

where in the it policy do i set it to "yes"? when i transfer the user it keep the "wireless desktop sync is disable" from the old policy but in the new policy its not disable. why is that?

Last edited by Duster; 05-11-2007 at 03:43 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I would have to look as I'm not in front of my BES (about to get on a plane). What version of BES are you using?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Duster
Thumbs Must Hurt

4.1 bes ive attach a message from the desktop manager
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (31.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Detail your exact policy settings (include their category location) for each of your policies, if you don't mind, as there are two places where the wireless functionality for the calendar can be configured.

Also, why is it set in the default policy in the first place? Do you disallow wireless calendaring functionality as a default procedure, or could the default policy be changed to allow this functionality?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #7
Duster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Detail your exact policy settings (include their category location) for each of your policies, if you don't mind, as there are two places where the wireless functionality for the calendar can be configured.

Also, why is it set in the default policy in the first place? Do you disallow wireless calendaring functionality as a default procedure, or could the default policy be changed to allow this functionality?

IN the default policy i disable the desktop to allow wireless sync under [desktop-only items] however when i tranfer the user to a new policy without the disallow the user still isnt able to sync wirlessly
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
Nashkat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Just a thought

Do not use the default policy. I do not touch the default policy at all. Default should stay as default, but thats just my opinion.

When you create a user and it goes to the default policy you could then move them to the policy you would like. This has to be easier than deleting a user then adding them again.

Even if there is only one change from the default policy, its still a different policy than the default...right? So don't change the default.

Hope this helps if I read your problem correctly.
Closed Thread