BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #21
souvy32
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I've had all three (jawbone, jawbone 2, and just got the blueant z9i) and for me, the blueant is far and away the best. I've also heard great things about the jawbone headsets and the jawbone 2 is a much improved design over the original (way easier to get on and off and less bulky) which led me to try them. With the original jawbone, I wasn't able to get it to fit, and therefore work, properly. The jawbone 2 was great, but the incoming volume when paired with my curve 8320 was way too low to ever use with any practicality. If I was in a totally silent room, it may have been usable, but that's really about it and sort of defeats the purpose of noise cancellation. I've only had the blueant for a few days, but so far I love it. I'd say if you're going to go with the jawbone, definitely go with the jawbone 2, but from my personal experience the blueant z9i is the best of the three.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #22
shlep

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rickshaw

I love my jawbone 2.....wins hands down
Old 07-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #23
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Just got Jawbone 2. Only complaint so far is that compared to all of the others I have had, incoming audio sounds tinny.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #24
PrissyPJ

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Amazon has the Jawbone for $59.00 in bulk packaging. It comes in grey and black.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #25
roots_natty75

After reading through some of the reviews on all the different headsets out there, I decided to settle for the Jawbone2 a couple of weeks ago. This is the first bluetooth headset I will ever use with my curve,and so far, I have not had any disappointments with the performance.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #26
bpnaquin

Jawbone is awesome for noise cancelling. One thing that I found is the ear piece is not the most comfortable. I finally went to a source that make ear pieces for airline pilot radios. Avery Sound on the internet will make you a custom molded ear piece that does not need to fit around your ear.

Since I got this done, the ear piece is much more comfortable to wear, not to mention letting you hear much better.

Last edited by bpnaquin; 07-12-2008 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: edited a sentence
Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #27
MrPandaInc

Carrier: T-Mobile

Yea I love this thread I have been contemplating for a longgg time on which headset to get going to go look up prices on the blueant and JB2 now . Thanks for starting this thread and all the replies.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #28
kwsmithphoto

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

See my review of of the VXI BlueParrot B250 in this section.

I've tried almost all of the earbud things you guys are discussing and none of them work as advertised. The most common word I heard from people I was talking to is "what?"

The B250 in an order of magnitude better in terms of audio quality, input and output. In noisy environments, nothing else is even remotely close. "What?" isn't a word used very much in my conversations anymore, and the incoming audio is so good that even people with crappy headsets (pretty much all of them) are still mostly audible because it adds some ear pleasing-warmth to to their lousy outgoing audio quality.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #29
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIronMan View Post
This probably applies to < 1% of the population but those of us with full bears find the Jawbone/II doesn't work so well. Including myself I have three data points with the same experience. Clean shaven, works great. Keep a full beard, fuggedabouit.
Anyone else experience this situation? I generally keep a beard (either low, or full) and this would be a deal breaker for me.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #30
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

I suggest reading about how the Jawbones work. They have a voice activity sensor that needs to rest on your cheek. It's the white dot in this photo:

A beard will certainly impede the Jawbone's ability to determine when you're talking.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #31
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

I have a blueant z9i now and my only complaint is the bluetooth range. If I don't have the phone and the headset on the same side and very close I get static, does anyone experience this? Blackberry 8330 from Sprint. I don't have this range issue with the Jawbone II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 07-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #32
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Just yesterday I had the end cap pull come off when I removed the charger from my Jawbone 1. I had to use pliers to pull it out. It appears that the Jawbone still works but now the end cap will come off each time I charge the unit. I do wish they had gone with a standard usb charger plug.

Edited to add: Jawbone is sending me a new unit.

Last edited by FF2; 07-23-2008 at 02:55 PM..
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #33
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I am now using the BlueAnt Z9i and it works great so far. Very comfortable.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #34
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

I just got the Plantronics 925 a few days ago, and have to strongly disagree with the previous negative post in this thread (based on my own personal experience - not arguing with the other poster.) I bought it from Amazon, and my first test was to call someone while here at home, then during the call I walked out, got into my car and left. I was still in the middle of the conversation at 60MPH on the highway (top-up convertible, but still relatively noisy) and when I mentioned to the person on the other end where I was, they were shocked, hadn't realized that I had left and was driving. Said they could always tell easily with my old headset (Plantronics/Blackberry 655.)

The other thing that's interesting, if you look on Amazon, the 925, JB and JB2 all have LOTS of reviews, and the prevailing opinion on the 925 is significantly better than either of the Jawbone's, by the preponderence of many reviews. Everyone's experience differs, but don't count out the Plantronics 925, I'm very happy with mine!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #35
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
I just got the Plantronics 925 a few days ago, and have to strongly disagree with the previous negative post in this thread (based on my own personal experience - not arguing with the other poster.) I bought it from Amazon, and my first test was to call someone while here at home, then during the call I walked out, got into my car and left. I was still in the middle of the conversation at 60MPH on the highway (top-up convertible, but still relatively noisy) and when I mentioned to the person on the other end where I was, they were shocked, hadn't realized that I had left and was driving. Said they could always tell easily with my old headset (Plantronics/Blackberry 655.)

The other thing that's interesting, if you look on Amazon, the 925, JB and JB2 all have LOTS of reviews, and the prevailing opinion on the 925 is significantly better than either of the Jawbone's, by the preponderence of many reviews. Everyone's experience differs, but don't count out the Plantronics 925, I'm very happy with mine!
I could very well have gotten a bad headset. But it was so bad, I wasn't willing to give another one a try. I did see those reviews on Amazon as well and was very surprised that the one I got sounded so bad. The whole reason for getting it in the first place was because there were more positive reviews of the Plantronics than the Jabra. Oh well....glad yours is working well for you.

Since purchasing my Jawbone 2, I've been very happy with it thus far. Although, I just saw the new Jabra JX20 that's coming out....ooooh... I'm a bluetooth obsessed freak! lol
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #36
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Hey Brandon, glad you're enjoying your Jawbone 2. Again, wanted to make clear I wasn't trying to argue with you, just had a different experience. Sounds like maybe you did get a bad one, but I'd probably have done the same as you did and went to something else! By the way, I do love how comfortable it is in my ear, and the battery life is great too.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #37
JLeny
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24751c48
Carrier: T Mobile

I use a Blue Ant X3 Micro headset and lt works very well. I can say that their customer service area is excellent. On two occasions the earpiece broke off and on both occasions a new headset was sent to me. I still use the headset today.

Never tried the jawbone but I hear very good things about it.

Last edited by JLeny; 07-23-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #38
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Hey Brandon, glad you're enjoying your Jawbone 2. Again, wanted to make clear I wasn't trying to argue with you, just had a different experience. Sounds like maybe you did get a bad one, but I'd probably have done the same as you did and went to something else! By the way, I do love how comfortable it is in my ear, and the battery life is great too.
Oh, I know you weren't trying to argue. That's the beauty of these forums...different opinions from different people

I do agree with you...the fit of the 925 was much better than the Jawbone 2. I have to agree with you there. The Jawbone's nice but not quite as comfy.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #39
Rancho Gordo

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I thought my Jawbone was a waste but with the new Calif laws, I was forced to find it and use it again. I played around with different combos for the ear holder and bud and wow, what a difference it made. You need to first try all the holders and see what's easy to come off and on and then find the ear canal bud piece that works. It's plenty loud now and comfortable.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #40
jfkeith
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I have had my Jawbone for the last six months or so, and I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed with it. I think it's a stury piece, but I'm not able to find a good fit for my ear. I took the ear hook off, and have a jabra eargel which keeps the Jawbone in my ear quite well. I haven't really investigated the Jawbone 2 yet, but I would imagine that it is a good piece above and beyond the original Jawbone.

Either way, with each state enacting hands-free laws, it's a good investment to get any bluetooth piece. I would say that Jawbone is a reliable and good piece of equipment, it's just really tough to get it to fit as snug as I'd like, but that's what I've read from most reviews on the forum.