Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
hitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default BDS Email profile days to Days to synchronize

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All

Have a BES 10 installed and is working great.

However there appears to be a problem either with the BB10 or the BDS in regards to the sync time frame.

By default, the BDS Email Profile "Days to synchronize" option is set to 30 days and this is replicated on the BB10. However, if i change the profile to "No Limit", it wont replicate to the device.

I have tried wiping the workspace on the device, creating a new email profile on BDS that is set to "No Limit" and reactivated the BB10. After activation is complete, the device still only syncs 30 days worth of messages.

The option to change it on the device under Accounts > Email account > Advanced, is also greyed out and set to 30 days.

Any ideas?

BTW i have Exchange 2010 and the sync is set to no limit. Another device has been tested over activesync direct with Exchange and this works.

Thanks.
H
Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
smoothadmin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Default Re: BDS Email profile days to Days to synchronize

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitty View Post
Hi All

Have a BES 10 installed and is working great.

However there appears to be a problem either with the BB10 or the BDS in regards to the sync time frame.

By default, the BDS Email Profile "Days to synchronize" option is set to 30 days and this is replicated on the BB10. However, if i change the profile to "No Limit", it wont replicate to the device.

I have tried wiping the workspace on the device, creating a new email profile on BDS that is set to "No Limit" and reactivated the BB10. After activation is complete, the device still only syncs 30 days worth of messages.

The option to change it on the device under Accounts > Email account > Advanced, is also greyed out and set to 30 days.

Any ideas?

BTW i have Exchange 2010 and the sync is set to no limit. Another device has been tested over activesync direct with Exchange and this works.

Thanks.
H
1. The device it self only has a 30 day max limit, until the OS allows a max limit I doubt the BES10 max limit will work correctly. And I am sorry syncing all your emails to your device is simply crazy! 14 or 30 days should really only be the set limit.

Even the stock traders the company I work with support don't need anything past 30 days. And these are guys who get like 6k of emails every business day.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
hitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Thanks Smoothadmin.

I agree. Just trying to figure out why the BDS and BB10 sync options differ.

Probably an oversight on BlackBerrys behalf having the option for No Limit on the BDS.

I thought i was missing something.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
rscaron

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

It may be true that right now the BB 10 device only syncs 30 days of email, however, in lieu of an "on device" availability of older email, you are supposed to be able to do a "remote search". I'm having the same problem as the original poster but I can't do a remote search and return older results either.

According to BlackBerry KB article KB33742 - email not stored on your device should be available through Remote Search. Mine does not work - it only returns email up to 30 days as well. This can not be correct. Something isn't working right.

Ron
Closed Thread