Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #301
frindajm

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
Hello, frindajm, Mobiola xPlayer can fast forward and rewind using the trackball of your BlackBerry. It works on all OS 4.2, 4.3, 4.5 and 4.6. You can download xPlayer for free at Mobiola xPlayer :: BlackBerry :: Download or wap.shapeservices.com. BTW, xPlayer has an additional option of Live Radio, this feature requires a license, all other functionality is free.
Does it not work on the Pearl? I can't seem to load it onto my Pearl 8100. And do I have to pay for it? 20 bux for a media player? That's kind of steep.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #302
stanlester

Model: 8330
Carrier: Cellular South
Default Default Media player

How can I change my default media player to xplayer. I'm trying to stream music over the internet. Currently, when I click the link it opens the blackberry media player. I want it to open XPlayer. Any suggestions?
Thank You
Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #303
frindajm

Ok, got it to work through the OTA download. The FF/Rewind feature is very hard to use, though. And that is mainly what I am looking for so I can scroll through very long mp3 files. It's not much better than the ff/rwnd feature of the BB media player. Def needs improvement.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #304
frindajm

The program does not allow you to scroll through the tracks. It arbitrarily decides what part of the track you will land on when rewinding or fast forwarding. It's a pointless feature. It is no different than the built in media player. Why can't we have a ff/rwd feature that allows us to literally ff to whatever point we want to? I can't skip ahead 10 secs, I have to go ahead several minutes. It is a terrible program. It's no different than the crappy program BB attached to the phone.

That being said, is there a program out there that will allow us to ff and rewind through a track, like you can on any real mp3 player?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #305
BamaSteve

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel

I read that talkstreamlive.mobi works with mobiola xplayer now. However, I can't figure out how to get the talk radio stations to work. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #306
fastoy

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by frindajm View Post
The program does not allow you to scroll through the tracks. It arbitrarily decides what part of the track you will land on when rewinding or fast forwarding. It's a pointless feature. It is no different than the built in media player. Why can't we have a ff/rwd feature that allows us to literally ff to whatever point we want to? I can't skip ahead 10 secs, I have to go ahead several minutes. It is a terrible program. It's no different than the crappy program BB attached to the phone.

That being said, is there a program out there that will allow us to ff and rewind through a track, like you can on any real mp3 player?
It is different than the built-in media player. Using xPlayer, I can seek to a random location with ONE hand!

To reduce the duration of the skip in the built-in media player, you have to hold down ALT while spinning the trackball. Try that with one hand!

I wish TCPMP was ported to the Blackberry. How it miss it!
Closed Thread