Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Xaneth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Forum courtesy

Please Login to Remove!

You know, I find the forum a little hard to swallow at times. My main problem lies in a couple of areas. I read a thread earlier, "Hating My Blackberry" found here, and closed:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...lackberry.html

The moderator jumped the guy straight off the bat. He had some valid complaints, and the moderator jumped him saying that "Lol, you are showing your ignorance about the subject."

Of course the guy is ignorant of BB, that's why he's out here. Wow, what a warm welcome to the forums. I thought the premise of this forum was to help newbies understand why BB is better than any other PDA solution out there, not to jump them because they have limited experience! To give credibility to the moderators, juwaack68, put it into MUCH better perspective by replying with some tips, and places to get started. JSanders continued to rag on the guy. A bunch of people jumped on the ragging bandwagon thinking that slinky came out to "bash" the BB. His title was a little obscure, but he wasn't "bashing" he just didn't understand that BB is NOT a PDA, it's a BB. Rather than trying to make the BB fit the mold of a PDA, someone needed to explain that you have to conform to the PDA. A couple of people did state that BB isn't for everyone, and it's true, though it is the leader and stable as hell. The point here is that this forum, and many of its moderators could use to be more courteous, and not attack people as they come in.

I remember my first experience here. I had a BES question and tried posting a screen shot, but the forum would not let me because I hadn't "contributed" enough. So I posted 10 times so I could shed some light on the issue I was having and immediately got bashed by moderators. Not sure what's wrong with the people who run this board, but it's pretty blatant. Maybe there is some truth to "crackberry", and people are going through information withdrawals. A little too many "control freaks" out here that have to be right all the time, constantly finding out how they can be right and anyone else can be wrong. I see that sort of juvenile, egotistic behavior at the work place as well, and usually the ones that "have to be right" all the time, are the ones that end up with a foot in their a** in the end, standing there looking like the fool the entire time they rant around.

The moderators should have moderators.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Xaneth

And don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good information out here, but people's attitudes need to calm down a bit and be more helpful, rather than vindictive.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaneth View Post
You know, I find the forum a little hard to swallow at times. My main problem lies in a couple of areas. I read a thread earlier, "Hating My Blackberry" found here, and closed:

The moderator jumped the guy straight off the bat. He had some valid complaints, and the moderator jumped him saying that "Lol, you are showing your ignorance about the subject."

Of course the guy is ignorant of BB, that's why he's out here. Wow, what a warm welcome to the forums. I thought the premise of this forum was to help newbies understand why BB is better than any other PDA solution out there, not to jump them because they have limited experience! To give credibility to the moderators, juwaack68, put it into MUCH better perspective by replying with some tips, and places to get started. JSanders continued to rag on the guy. A bunch of people jumped on the ragging bandwagon thinking that slinky came out to "bash" the BB. His title was a little obscure, but he wasn't "bashing" he just didn't understand that BB is NOT a PDA, it's a BB. Rather than trying to make the BB fit the mold of a PDA, someone needed to explain that you have to conform to the PDA. A couple of people did state that BB isn't for everyone, and it's true, though it is the leader and stable as hell. The point here is that this forum, and many of its moderators could use to be more courteous, and not attack people as they come in.

I remember my first experience here. I had a BES question and tried posting a screen shot, but the forum would not let me because I hadn't "contributed" enough. So I posted 10 times so I could shed some light on the issue I was having and immediately got bashed by moderators. Not sure what's wrong with the people who run this board, but it's pretty blatant. Maybe there is some truth to "crackberry", and people are going through information withdrawals. A little too many "control freaks" out here that have to be right all the time, constantly finding out how they can be right and anyone else can be wrong. I see that sort of juvenile, egotistic behavior at the work place as well, and usually the ones that "have to be right" all the time, are the ones that end up with a foot in their a** in the end, standing there looking like the fool the entire time they rant around.

I think you are way wrong slinky came in here like a bat out of hell and he was promptly fed what he was dishing out.

And for the record this should have been in the rants and raves section..
Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Xaneth

You're entitled to your opinion, and so is slinky. This post belongs wherever the moderators end up moving it to, but forum courtesy truly belongs under the general section of the forum, since it does affect all.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

If you think this forum is brutal, I can provide you a few links for reference.

This site is about as nice as an internet forum gets
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Xaneth

Interesting, it should be about BB for BB by BB. Who gives a crap about brutality? You shouldn't have to come out to a forum defending oneself when you have questions, ignorant or not. I guess it just goes to prove that some people don't have lives.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:

I could not disagree with you more. This is the best forum I have been associated with and I think it is because of the moderators. If you are on here enough you will see the junk they have to wade through every day and keep it all straight.

Hit the "new posts" button once in awhile and you will notice the volume of posts is huge. All is not pefect here or anywhere but I think the mods here keep it a great place to share info in a quick and benefitial way.

My 2 cents....thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Xaneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I think you are way wrong slinky came in here like a bat out of hell and he was promptly fed what he was dishing out.

And for the record this should have been in the rants and raves section..
The way people rant on this forum, all posts should be in the rants and raves section...
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
cwosigns

Model: 9300

Quote:
I guess it just goes to prove that some people don't have lives.
Case in point...
Columbus, Ohio
Old 07-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Xaneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
I could not disagree with you more. This is the best forum I have been associated with and I think it is because of the moderators. If you are on here enough you will see the junk they have to wade through every day and keep it all straight.

Hit the "new posts" button once in awhile and you will notice the volume of posts is huge. All is not pefect here or anywhere but I think the mods here keep it a great place to share info in a quick and benefitial way.

My 2 cents....thanks
I'll have to agree that it is laid out very well, and is fairly easy to search and get answers from. A lot of useful sticky's and the FAQ section is great. I'm talking about the actions and words of the moderators, not the layout. I'm also aware that they have to deal with a lot of idiots, and tact should take care of that.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #11
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

I'm sure you'll find me too abrasive for offering criticism, but the thread you point out involved no interest in getting help. It was simply a thread to bash a product many on here feel strongly about, in a positive way. His title wasn't "obscure". It was blatant. Attack us fanboys, and you're likely to get a bit of venom in return. Approach the fine people of this forum with a bit of respect for the product we love, and you're likely to find that we share in some of the same frustrations.

And for the record, your issue with 10 posts is a safeguard against spam and BS being posted on here before we can get to it.

Approach a situation/question/problem with professionalism, and you'll be treated the same. The opposite typically yields a different response.

But either way, like Slinky, you have an opportunity to voice your opinion. Noted. And moving to Rants and Raves, because "General Blackberry Discussion" is designed for General Blackberry Issues. Yours is with the site and its members. Not a handheld.

***Moving to Rants and Raves***

Last edited by Pizzle; 07-17-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #12
Xaneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwosigns View Post
Case in point...
Oh, I'm just having fun, it's funny to see how upset people get over here at good ole crackberryforums.com!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, and so is slinky. This post belongs wherever the moderators end up moving it to, but forum courtesy truly belongs under the general section of the forum, since it does affect all.
Like I said Rants and Raves.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
Xaneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
I'm sure you'll find me too abrasive for offering criticism, but the thread you point out involved no interest in getting help. It was simply a thread to bash a product many on here feel strongly about, in a positive way. His title wasn't "obscure". It was blatant. Attack us fanboys, and you're likely to get a bit of venom in return. Approach the fine people of this forum with a bit of respect for the product we love, and you're likely to find that we share in some of the same frustrations.

And for the record, your issue with 10 posts is a safeguard against spam and BS being posted on here before we can get to it.

Approach a situation/question/problem with professionalism, and you'll be treated the same. The opposite typically yields a different response.

But either way, like Slinky, you have an opportunity to voice your opinion. Noted. And moving to Rants and Raves, because "General Blackberry Discussion" is designed for General Blackberry Issues. Yours is with the site and its members. Not a handheld.

***Moving to Rants and Raves***
Thanks for the move. So you're saying that you don't have captcha in place for attachments? Interesting... I haven't gotten one piece of spam on any of my forums...
Old 07-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
Xaneth

This is starting to get a bit off topic. I didn't see anything wrong with his post. It sounded like he missed his Palm, boo hoo. Welcome to the world of BB, a much more stable, solid device that does everything that it's INTENDED to do. People have to adapt to it, not the other way around. The only way I'm giving up my BB is when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers. I'm just saying that we could have pointed him in the direction of what the BB does do, and does well.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

We don't have anything to do with how the Forum is set up. If you have issue with coding, you're welcome to talk to Guess, who is the Admin of the forum, and welcomes PMs and e-mails with suggestions.

But it's obvious this topic is designed to be right, get attention, and try to get a rise out of everyone, so to try to suggest to you anything on here is done properly will likely fall on deaf ears. My apologies that your experience here has not been stellar. We'll welcome you back should you decide to return.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #17
Xaneth

I'm not only a BES admin, I'm a crackberry addict like the rest of you.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
Xaneth

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that, that, being right, is on most everyone else's agenda that I've seen out here. I don't claim to be right.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
Xaneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
We don't have anything to do with how the Forum is set up. If you have issue with coding, you're welcome to talk to Guess, who is the Admin of the forum, and welcomes PMs and e-mails with suggestions.

But it's obvious this topic is designed to be right, get attention, and try to get a rise out of everyone, so to try to suggest to you anything on here is done properly will likely fall on deaf ears. My apologies that your experience here has not been stellar. We'll welcome you back should you decide to return.
I'm just trying to get my 10 posts, so I can post images, ha!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #20
Xaneth

Sorry, but you guys crack me up.
Closed Thread