BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #41
Vycor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Please Login to Remove!

Okay so I took myself off my BES server, and set myself up to use the built-in browser for accessing webpages. I'm able to access the BBToday weather page by selcting it and going to its hyperlink, the page loads. However, on the main BBToday screen, the weather now shows:

Error: Failed to transmit

I'd like to remain OFF my BES server (for personal reasons... im seperating my business life and my personal life, the phone is my personal phone technically), but if i can't access ceratin things, that would suck.

I'm able to access my WAP pages, which suits me fine, however apps like this weather one, id like to use, but don't want to force myself to have to use a BES (but i guess since I Need MDS i would need the BES)
Old 01-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #42
massang
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep
if you get 'could not open tunnel -- failed' then MDS is broken. Either

a) upgrade to 4.0
b) If you have upgraded to 4.0, are you sure there are others on your provider that have MDS support?
c) If you are sure you have MDS support and OS 4.0, then try calling your providers and ask them to re-set your profile on the network.. you'll have to take your device off the network while this is done (for a minute or two)
I have upgraded ot OS4 and I can surf the web obn the blackberry browser but I still get 'could not open tunnel -- failed'
Old 01-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #43
MooseNYC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default BlackBerry Today on 7510

I just upgraded to 4.0 and then uploaded the Blackberry Today program. Everything is working fine including the weather.
The only issue that I am seeing:
- The contrast for the selected program really needs to be adjustable as it can make reading on these lower resolution screens a bit difficult.
- The mail (unopened vs total) gets screwy and has to do a recount every time you come in and out of this view and take a little while to find the correct information, almost like its on water as you can watch the numbers rise & fall.

Outside of these very small things I'd love to thank the person who developed this program. Most definately worth a few bucks for all thier effort!!
Thanks!!!

Dave
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

PS- My apologies for the SuperSized pics I'm still new to this forum

[Edit by Mark Rejhon: Turned images into hyperlinks.]
Old 01-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #44
mariog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I too can't get it to work with my 7290 / Cingular. I also am getting the API error. Anyone figure out a fix yet?
Old 01-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #45
dsconnell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Iphon
Carrier: ATT

I get the "Error:could not open tunnel-failed...for the weather
Running 3.8 on 7100t downloaded directly to BB.
Maybe I'll try putting it on my computer and then loading it onto BB
Old 01-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #46
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I'm having 2 small problems with BBToday.
1. Sometimes the weather doesn't seem to connect and I get "Bad DNS Entry". I have a BES server and several users have downloaded the app and they get this also.

2. Very rarely do I get all 5 icons for the weather. Most of the time I get at least one but occasionally I don't get any icons, only the degrees. Any ideas? Is it just too slow of a connection and times out or something?

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #47
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Anyone have a fix for the API error on the 7290? I can't see the last 2 pages of this thread so I don't know if there's a solution. Thanks

Pritam
Old 01-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #48
DVST8

I just tryed this today on a 7280, 4.0 OS, and on the Rogers network. Seems to work fine, and I like it quite a bit.

My beef is that it dosen't use CDN postal codes, only US ZIP codes. And I only got the temperatures, and no little weather icons when I did used a US ZIP. So I just disabled the weather option. Still a nice tool.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #49
cayzac

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVST8
I just tryed this today on a 7280, 4.0 OS, and on the Rogers network. Seems to work fine, and I like it quite a bit.

My beef is that it dosen't use CDN postal codes, only US ZIP codes. And I only got the temperatures, and no little weather icons when I did used a US ZIP. So I just disabled the weather option. Still a nice tool.
I'm having the same problem with no weather icons. Any ideas? I've asked Chris (the developer) and he isn't sure either. If I click on the weather module it takes me to Accuweather's web site and all the icons are there, just not on BBToday....any suggestions?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #50
timshau

Model: 8700
Default Suggestions for BBToday

Chris,

I'm not sure if you are watching this thread - I couldn't find an email or your username in the memberlist, so I'll post this here.

Nice job on the BBToday application! It's simple and nicely functional. A few suggestions for the next version.

1. On my 7100t, the highlight bar is magenta, so you cannot read the red/orange text. (x New Messages, y Active Tasks z High Priority). From one of the photos, I think the highlight bar may be blue on other BB models. Some of the black text turns white when highlighted, so this is another option to make the text easy to read.

2. I don't really use the tasks to track activity and doubt most people do. Total Tasks would be a more useful item to display than Active Tasks. All mine are "not started" or "complete".

3. It would be nice if the appts & tasks showed the next items, even if it needs to wrap to the next day.

4. To avoid seeing errors on the screen all the time (when out of area, etc.), I suggest only displaying the Weather errors for a minute and then hiding them. Or just do a pop up.

5. Saving the hardest for last... BBToday works great as my main menu, with the exception of the phone. Phone integration (plugin) would be a wonderful addition. I'd suggest using the default menu behavior as a guide. If I start typing numbers, then take me to the phone app. If the phone is ringing, let me answer by clicking the wheel. You could display the last number (called or received) on the main screen. I haven't seen the phone PocketPCs, but you may get some other ideas from there.

Thanks for providing this and for listening!

Cheers,
Tim
Old 01-21-2005, 01:40 AM   #51
texas big

Model: 8530
Carrier: metropcs
Default trouble with 7510

'net_rim_bb_attachment'not found

this group is awesome,gotta love it... i've downloaded bbtoday and continue to get this message.. can someone tell me what how to work this progam, and walk me through it step by step

thanx

Texas Big
Old 01-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #52
vinniet

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

I have 7230 BB on TMO running OS4 with no BES.

My weather says "Error: Malformed Address. Returning ... " The rest was truncated. Anyone else getting this error. If I click on it I get the weather web page.

Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #53
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Chris,

I'm not sure if you are watching this thread - I couldn't find an email or your username in the memberlist, so I'll post this here.
Chris, Where are you?

Hopfully Mark or someone who knows Chris cna make sure he get's our feedback....

If he fixes the program to work with the 7100t, I've got $20 for him, paypal or however he wants donations..... Anyone else want to poney up some incentive?

Add your amount to my $20 and post the running total....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:07 AM   #54
Link

Great little program. Works for all my needs, task and calander....
Old 01-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #55
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vycor
I'd like to remain OFF my BES server (for personal reasons... im seperating my business life and my personal life, the phone is my personal phone technically), but if i can't access ceratin things, that would suck.
FWIW if you disable wireless recon. and disable the Sync's for Contacts/Tasks/Calendar, you can maintain a degree of privacy without using that "Private" flag in items you don't want sync'ed to your Exchange/Notes server via the BES.

That is what I did; and it appears to be okay.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #56
ldblf2

I have a Rogers 7280 with 3.7.x software, and I can't get BBToday to load.

Using the desktop, I get this error message:

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your handheld's software.
Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]"

Using OTA installation, I get this error message:

"There was an error installing the MIDlet."

Any ideas?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #57
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

BBToday is certified for v4.0.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #58
JojiV

Model: 9000
Default BB Today not working

After installing the BBToday app, when I try to run it on the blackberry, I get "Error starting BBToday:Module 'net_rim_xml' not found."
I am using a 6230, running OS 4.0.0.171 and using BWC. Has anybody expericed this? Any suggestions.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:27 PM   #59
Shaw

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced significant battery loss while running this program. I use my phone a lot and the increased battery strain was leading me to a battery low wireless turning off every day around 3:30. I have been able to run my phone a little bit longer without the today program running. I really enjoyed the program. One of the nicest programs I have seen for the blackberry. However, i can not afford the increase battery use. if I ever purchase the extended battery, this will be the first program to be installed. Thanks for taking the time to create such a wonderful app for the Blackberry community.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #60
shadow07

I know that all as has said that BBToday supports OS4.0, but what about those that are on v3.8? 3.8 is VERY similar to v4.0. I have attempted to test this application out, however I am running into an error that appears that no one else has posted.

When starting BBToday, I get the following messege:

Error starting BBToday:
Module 'BBToday' attempts to access a secure API.

I believe that this *might* be caused by the fact I store local certificates on my BB, which has a password (and is required by the "Certificate Sync" service, part of the Desktop Manager 4.0). Any workaround other than disabling Certificate Sync?