BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #161
ablickle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

When I tried to test version 0.73, the Blackberry app I downloaded (labeled v0.73) still showed version 0.72 when I installed it, and I had the same success / failures as I had with 0.72. Did anybody successfully load a version 0.73 on their Blackberry?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #162
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablickle View Post
When I tried to test version 0.73, the Blackberry app I downloaded (labeled v0.73) still showed version 0.72 when I installed it, and I had the same success / failures as I had with 0.72. Did anybody successfully load a version 0.73 on their Blackberry?
mine says 73 on the device but I still cant get an OTA sync
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #163
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks. I'm happy to wait for a stable and reliable product.

Your description of the delayed sync support makes sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
It's still beta, so I wouldn't expect it to be perfect at this point. The couple of glitches I reported to the support e-mail were acknowledged pretty quickly.

Based on what I've seen so far, this absolutely is a product I'll be using on a daily basis.

I *think* the 500mb is so you don't have to have your desktop on constantly syncing - changes synced to the server from your blackberry are queued until you bootup the desktop which has the bb sync desktop client.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #164
red raider
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Has anyone else had the problem of trying to remove the latest version of the BBerrySync desktop software? I've gone to add remove programs, removed the application yet it still shows up every time I reboot.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #165
anphamtiger

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tyutuy
Lightbulb Black Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by red raider View Post
Has anyone else had the problem of trying to remove the latest version of the BBerrySync desktop software? I've gone to add remove programs, removed the application yet it still shows up every time I reboot.
You may need to exit the program before uninstalling. Or just go to the Program Files folder to delete it by hand
Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #166
anphamtiger

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tyutuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red raider View Post
You may need to exit the program before uninstalling. Or just go to the Program Files folder to delete it by hand
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #167
LouN

Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus
Default Regarding SyncJe for Blackberry sync...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotHead View Post
I have had issues with the Nexthaus/SyncJE application, in that it spams everyone who I have scheduled, accepted or rejected a meeting with, every time it syncs. I have worked with their VERY FRIENDLY support team - online chat 24x7 - and after trying some of the fixes in the GUI, the only solution left was to remove a service book. This seemed a bit like hacking the OS, so I have left SyncJE for now - a future release may have a better fix - no time yet.

Long story short (too late? Sorry!) - I am looking for a BB app that can sync my calendar and contacts (I have email covered, thank you). If this program can satisfy my needs, I will gladly test.

-PH
BB 8130 via Verizon
Have you tried checking off "Skip Saving Attendees" in the Settings for SyncJe for BlackBerry?

Removing the service book for BIS does not totally disable BIS, just some plugin parts, including the one that sends out those notifications for some people. We have tried to get RIM to work on it, or help us out so we can try a workaround without success. Maybe it's time to try them again...

If you are worried about removing the service book, it is fairly easy to get it back in my experience. Opera Mini deleted my browser service book or something so I could not download anything. I went to the BIS site of my provider and there is a "Send Service Books" feature that sends them all to you, which fixed the problem.

As long as you have the latest versions of SyncJe for BlackBerry and SyncJe for Outlook, and try the above, I think you should be able to solve the problem. I am assuming you have Outlook, if not you can try one of the other clients at the Products page.

To avoid another response....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
I completely understand your reasons, but I eschew proprietary protocols. It's my opinion that forsaking SyncML to roll your own locks in all persons to your solution, providing no migration path to another server if yours goes down, offline, etc. But I also realize this may be your intent and business model, so respect it.

Correct, it doesn't do email (which isn't really part of any need, email is handled completely differently on a device than calendar/contacts/memo/tasks).

Thanks for the reply.
That is correct, we leave the email "sync" to RIM. They already do it pretty well.

Hope this helps, and sorry to intrude on the rest of the discussion.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #168
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I wanted to let all the testers know that the BBerrySync servers will be down Saturday, Jan 5 in the morning time till Sunday night, Jan 6th (Pacific Standard Time, USA). We are updating the servers to ready for the release of the 0.7.4 Debug Build. This build should help those users with connection issues to finally troubleshoot and connect. Thanks - Josh

p.s. RIM only does a good job of email sync if you fork over the money for BES ;)
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #169
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I highly disagree Josh, I have used BIS for email for four years now. I dont need BES for my Email I think RIM does a fantastic job.

Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #170
jeffmik
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

I think he was trying to differentiate between "mail" and "mail synch" though. I've never been able to get mail show as read in my Outlook that I've already looked at on the Blackbbery (or vise versa) with my BIS account.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 AM   #171
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Let me clarify that I was trying to make a joke and differentiate between BIS - which only delivers the mail and BES - which actually does the email SYNC. For me, the big issue is mail sent from my BB showing up in my Outlook as sent mail rather than a cc or bcc copy or some other confusing way in my Inbox. And off course, vice versa, my Outlook sent mail to show on my BB. The other things being sync'd OTA is a bonus for me.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #172
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

I wanted to let everyone know that we are experiencing some problems setting up our load balanced servers to ensure that the sync process does not get bogged down. If you have downloaded the 7.4 build yesterday or today, and are running the software, you may experience some connection issues.

We apologize for the delays and are working earnestly to get everything back up and running.

I can also say that the 7.4 build should be a solid improvement and adresses the following bugs:

- Windows Vista
- Added selective email account filtering for OTA sync
- Email mapping to appropriate folder
- BB device background application
- Task and Calendar sync has been worked on to improve function
- And improved event logging to debug connection issues

Once we finish with the servers, I will let every know so that you can download and install the 7.4 Debug Build. Thank you for your patience.

Josh
Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #173
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hello Beta Testers - We have finished the server upgrades and ready for you to download and test the 0.7.4 Debug Build. If you downloaded the files prior to this post, please go ahead and download it one more time to make sure you have the latest version.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #174
Dawg
No longer Registered.

well I was excited about the new build downloaded everything but when I try to run it I get product installed on another machine. This is the only one I have ever used. I deleted the other prior to installing this one.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #175
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
well I was excited about the new build downloaded everything but when I try to run it I get product installed on another machine. This is the only one I have ever used. I deleted the other prior to installing this one.
I think it was something between .73 and .74 - I saw the same thing. I e-mailed [email address], and they reset a flag pretty quickly.

Don
Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #176
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
I think it was something between .73 and .74 - I saw the same thing. I e-mailed [email address], and they reset a flag pretty quickly.

Don
I have emailed them as well just waiting on a response.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #177
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

I would like to sign up for beta testing as well if possible I have a Verizon 8130 Pearl. How do I go about getting a coupon code?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #178
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Dawg: the computer name has been reset on the server, you should be good to go now. thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #179
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

There have been alot of requests for beta testers after the group of 20 was finalized. I can understand that some of the group wanted to wait until the latter stages to test a software that was more stable. We believe that this version 7.4 build is a significant improvement and encourage the beta group to go ahead and start testing. I hope that the testers can send us feedback - good, bad or ??, just let us know your thoughts.

If after this week is over and we see that some testers still haven't started, then I will have no choice but to assign those slots over to those forums users that are more willing. Thank you. - Josh
Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #180
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

well keep me in mind. i am use my blackberry like 90% of the day and i am always calling verizon and RIM. i submit a lot of suggestions to improve the software and device so i like to consider myself a good candidate for beta testing.
Closed Thread