BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
georgexm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Cool BB Bold or my 1st Generation iPHONE ???

Please Login to Remove!

i currently using my bb bold, and have had it since it came out, but everyone is telling me to go back to the iphone.

i have till 12-04-08 to make up my mind, bc i have 30 days to return the phone if i change my mind.

what should i do? i like the bb bold, but i do miss some stuff about the iphone that i wish this phone would have, but i think i can live w/ out.

NEED you guy's opinion on this....
Old 11-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
spleen

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgexm View Post
i currently using my bb bold, and have had it since it came out, but everyone is telling me to go back to the iphone.

i have till 12-04-08 to make up my mind, bc i have 30 days to return the phone if i change my mind.

what should i do? i like the bb bold, but i do miss some stuff about the iphone that i wish this phone would have, but i think i can live w/ out.

NEED you guy's opinion on this....
i can see you asking for advise if you hav one but not the other. Since you hav both, cant you figure it out on ur own? not to be rude but everyone has their own needs/like when it comes to phones.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (troydbrown is Chad!)

This is gonna take some self analysis

Which device best fits your needs?

Why not keep both
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

If you're a Mac user and multimedia junkie, the the iPhone is for you.

If the iPhone keyboard doesn't work for you, and you send a significant amount of emails and text messages each day, then definitely go for the Blackberry. I have no trouble keeping my contacts and calendar synced to my Mac through PocketMac. But I don't use my Bold for music.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Hauser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I have a few iPods and I used iTunes so I figured I'd try the iPhone, I tried to live with some of the stupidity of the device (no cut/paste, the magnifying glass for editing, no fine-grained info or control over networking, the on-screen keyboard) but in the end I just couldn't. I bought a Bold and so far the only downside media I've found is I can't seem to get streaming internet radio to work but I think that's just my fault.

That said I bought an iPod Touch (iPhone with no phone or camera) for my sister to use as a portable media/web surfing device around the house since it does that very well, but for a business or even general communications device it can't touch the Bold.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

As another poster has mentioned, if you have both, make up your own mind. If you're listening to your friends, I'm sure they're giving you reasons for the iPhone. If they were compelling reasons you wouldn't have doubts. I (we) have no idea what you're using the phone to do other than make calls and each device has its pros and cons based upon usage.

I'm in agreement with the other posters. Since you asked, iPhone 2nd Generation is the only one I'd consider. The 1st Gen is too slow; I have very limited use with a 1st Gen iPhone. The keypad didn't work for me so I wouldn't consider it for work where I use my phone 95% of the time.

If I could take my BB sim and slip it into an iPhone after hours, I'd buy one at full price. If you spend a lot of time with iTunes, that may be another reason for the iPhone. The Bold does Multimedia but the iTunes interface is so much better on the iPhone as is the larger screen for video.

You might want to consider the BB Storm as it is touch screen.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
richy240

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I'd stick with the Bold, but that's just me. I've had a bunch of iPhones, and I'd get sick of them and sell them, only to purchase another one a couple months later. I gave my last iPhone to my fiance and never looked back.

In my opinion, the iPhone is a nice phone, but it doesn't meet the needs of a business audience as well as a BlackBerry, and that's what I'm looking for. It does, however, have advanced entertainment features that a lot of people like.

It's a toss-up, and it all depends on how you use your phone.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
georgexm

Model: bold
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
As another poster has mentioned, if you have both, make up your own mind. If you're listening to your friends, I'm sure they're giving you reasons for the iPhone. If they were compelling reasons you wouldn't have doubts. I (we) have no idea what you're using the phone to do other than make calls and each device has its pros and cons based upon usage.

I'm in agreement with the other posters. Since you asked, iPhone 2nd Generation is the only one I'd consider. The 1st Gen is too slow; I have very limited use with a 1st Gen iPhone. The keypad didn't work for me so I wouldn't consider it for work where I use my phone 95% of the time.

If I could take my BB sim and slip it into an iPhone after hours, I'd buy one at full price. If you spend a lot of time with iTunes, that may be another reason for the iPhone. The Bold does Multimedia but the iTunes interface is so much better on the iPhone as is the larger screen for video.

You might want to consider the BB Storm as it is touch screen.

Regards-Michael G.

i thought the storm was for the verizon network, am i wrong on that?
Closed Thread