BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
warreng24

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Blue
Question How to check if PIN is deactivated?

Please Login to Remove!

Well it looks like I got hosed on eBay.

According to the nice fellow I spoke with over the phone at Horizon Wireless, the IMEI indicates that I have a pre-production 8800.

I suspected as much when I received it from the seller and inside the label indicates "Property of Research in Motion" and has a date code of 16 June 2006.

Anyways, Horizon indicates that they CAN unlock it for me (at an additional cost). Just waiting for an email from Horizon about how to proceed. The phone is currently locked to AT&T (Cingular). I have AT&T (Blue) and don't want to upgrade (that's a different story).

I had never planned to use my 8800 with the BIS or BES. I was simply wanting to have a full QWERTY keyboard to type text messages. I'd simply get a regular data plan and use Opera Mini to browse the web.

However, for my own edification, how can I find out for sure if the PIN on my 8800 is blocked or deactivated (without upgrading to a BIS plan)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I would trust what the guys at Horizon tell you, they are as good a source as any to find this out.

Otherwise the sticker "Property of Research in Motion" would be your first clue.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I would trust what the guys at Horizon tell you, they are as good a source as any to find this out.

Otherwise the sticker "Property of Research in Motion" would be your first clue.
Also file a dispute it is stolen property.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Whether or not you intend to use it with a data plan, your BB 8800 is not what was represented in the auction. Yours has less services available which drastically reduces the resale value and limits what you can do with the device. I'd ask the seller for a refund pronto.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
clive48
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: GSM

Hi
I have a Sprint 8830 bought through ebay. I am now using it outside USA as a Phone only. However from where I can check if the PIN is blocked by RIM/Sprint? My Opeartor is NOT activating BES on BB not bought from his stores. May be if I can get a clarification from Sprint/RIM that mine is a legal phone, I may persuade my Telco for activating BES.
Any other way to activate Data on CDMA BB 8830 wout BES/PIN combo??
I am using GSM Data & CDMA Voice as a stopgap arrangement
Closed Thread