Jeff Litman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100r

we sell blackberry replacements parts:

http://www.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml
Old 03-16-2005, 07:42 AM   #23
BB_WayCool
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I tried the leather case and it was too tight, even after prolonged usage. The metal case looked cool, but lacked a magnet and therefore BB Light would degrade my battery. It also has the swivel near the top of the case, so the whole thing sits down lower off the belt, which caused issues when sitting down.

I really actually like the original plastic case. It originally seemed hard to extract my BB, but by placing two fingers down near the bottom of the device, where the case has two indentations and pulling up, it comes right out. The plastic case used to scratch my 7750, but the 7250 has that new silver metal around the screen vs. the old painted one and now I get no scratches. So am happy with the original case.

Last edited by BB_WayCool; 03-16-2005 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #24
MooseNYC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I have to agree with everyone about the platic case and its super functionality. I loved how securely it fit, could change the direction of the unit, would not come off your belt loop, etc..
But I also hated what it was doing to that cheap plastic framing on the device...
wish they had something like it for the 7100g... Id buy one in a heartbeat

R'gds

Dave

Last edited by MooseNYC; 03-17-2005 at 05:28 PM..
Old 03-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #25
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

"I really actually like the original plastic case. It originally seemed hard to extract my BB, but by placing two fingers down near the bottom of the device, where the case has two indentations and pulling up, it comes right out."

The problem I have with the plastic case, Way Cool, is that I found that my Berry easily slips out of my hand as I pull it out of the case. It is especially easy for me to fumble it when I'm rushing to answer a call. A few bouncing Berrys and near heart attacks caused me to ditch the plastic case. I use the metal case now without the clip, because it protects my Berry so well, and I can use it while in the case. Never have had issues with low-battery life on my 7290, despite the lack of a magnet on the case, BTW, and it's a lot easier on my ticker when I drop the unit.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #26
agosine

Model: 7250
Carrier: TELUS

guinda35: What metal case do you have and where did you get it? I was searching the forums and came across info that said the thicker 7250/7290 units do not fit well. I also have the same problem where my unit slips out of my hand a lot. Butterfingers I guess. lol.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #27
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool Pouch!!

I use a 7520, and have Nextel's Rugged Blackberry Pouch. It's nylon, and has a "lid" that velcro's down on the front, so it's very secure - also the body of the case is rigid, providing a little protection when I bump into walls, and stuff, caue I do that a lot. The best part is, it is lined with felt on the inside, so there are no scratches anywhere to be found - very little wear at all. It doesn't swivel, either, so it's always in the same spot when I go to get it.

I like my pouch. = )
Closed Thread