BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #421
Dione3

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry Pearl 8110

Please Login to Remove!

I am working with a user that has a Blackberry Pearl 8110. He has installed a third party application (SlovoEd Dictionary) that uses the internet to connect to the database, but he keeps getting an error "Unable to connect to server. Please check your Java internet setting".

I had him go to his TCP settings and it listed APN: wap.cingular
username: [email address]
Password: ?
We also changed the default internet browser from Media Net to Blackberry browser. This did not take care of the problem either.

We also took the battery out to see if it would reset the TCP settings. They remained the same. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions??
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #422
rlane67

Model: 8330
Carrier: VERIZON
Question what about

ok I am getting the Blackberry curve 8330 from Verizon wireless. I want to be able to access the net and my emails. to talk on the phone and send a movie pic to my daughter. is this a good phone for that. Or should I stick to the regular phones.

thank you
Rome
Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #423
.::RAMJAN::.

Model: 7230
Carrier: car

I am in bangladesh and wondered if anyone had the APN info for gp in bangladesh?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #424
JGiff

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile Hungary
Default TCP/IP Configurations T-Mobile Hungary

RGabo,

I saw your queries from some time ago re: getting fully functioning TCP/IP with Blackberry on T-Mobile Hungary.

Did you ever make any progress with APN settings? (beyond APN: internet; user and password: empty). Also, what IP setting did you have?

Better yet, did you ever find a local T-Mobile expert who knows something about Blackberry?

I am also a BB user on T-Mobile Hungary, but have not had much success using web applications at all, such as Google products, etc.

Would be good to swap notes sometime, am Budapest resident.

Koszonom!

JGiff - 8310 Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGabo View Post
Mark, I'm aware of my provider's APN (it is 'internet', this is for T-Mobile Hungary) and I also have a valid working account (login/password) for this APN. Still, my connections time out without succeeding so I am not able to use the TCP stack to access the internet to use WebViewer or any IM client.

I was wondering how could I troubleshoot my issue and figure out whether it is a problem on my side or on my provider's site. Vodafone Hungary seems listed on reqwireless.com although it still might not work without a valid BES too, I haven't tested that.

Any ideas?
Old 08-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #425
OrionXBeta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I had this same issue happen with me. All of a sudden I couldnt connect to my favorite IRC server, and Operamini kept timing out OperaMini would attempt to connect. It would then start to download at .1kb/sec until it got to 7-10kb, and then display the read timeout screen.

I recently added tethering to my ATT/CINGULAR plan so I figured a rep had modified my APN settings, or my computer settings to connect via BB were transferred to my phone. After playing with various APN addresses, usernames, and passwords. Only isp.cingular and wap.cingular worked which makes sense. But it was still freezing up.

Finally I called ATT and talked with a rep that had a hard time even saying the usual (Hi thank you for calling ATT blah blah) so I knew that wouldnt of been any help. I explained how all of my 3rd party apps arent working since I upgraded to tethering and that she should delete my plan and re-add it in order to reset my bb. She did so, I hung up and resent my service books to myself before a battery pull.

This did absolutely nothing and was a waste of time. I figure call again in hopes of an intelligent rep may come my way. I called and was lucky to talk with someone who knew what they were doing. She readded my package while my bb was turned off, resent my books. However this didnt work again either.

I came home from work and wiped my bb from the options>security>general settings>bb button> wipe handheld. I ofcourse backed up my bb before hand.

About 15 minutes later, I reinstalled operamini and it was cruising flawlessly everywhere! All of my 3rd party apps are working great again.

So just try and wipe with a backup!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 AM   #426
duzzeh

Model: 8320
Carrier: cable&wirless
Unhappy grand cayman - prvider:cable&wireless

whats is the APN for a cayman islands blackberry, Provider:Cable&wireless LTD.
and whats is tha "username"&"password" if there is any??
A.S.A.P plz!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #427
wallbus

Model: 8330
Carrier: fido
Default How to set up Blackberry e-mail and Internet access without Blackberry Data Plan

How to set up Blackberry e-mail and Internet access without Blackberry (BIS or BES) data service.

It is possible to use your Blackberry phone without subscribing to Blackberry Data service.

The reason you may want to do this is;
xxx8226; Your mobile phone provider does not provide Blackberry service. This is my case in Canada with Fido.
xxx8226; Blackberry data service is much more expensive than typical mobile data service. This is the case in Canada where Canadian mobile providers are gouging consumers.
xxx8226; Blackberry devices work great with e-mail applications such as Gmail. In fact, you can set up Gmail to forward all e-mail is strictly to your Blackberry without the necessity of having to log on to call for them. Not quite as good as blackberries push mail, but almost.
xxx8226; Blackberry devices work great as a web browser is using Opera mini browser.

Here's the procedure of how to setup your Blackberry to work with non-Blackberry data.

1. Upgrade your Blackberry operating system to the latest.

2. Set your Blackberry up to receive data via WAP or GPRS.

3. Go to <options >
xxx8226; go to <advanced options>
xxx8226; go to <TCP>
xxx8226; fill in the correct data for the fields APN, username for APN, password for APN. If you do not know your settings for your mobile provider get them from this website. blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/2185-blackberry-internet-msn-chat-web-telnet-tcpip-no-bes.html

4. e-mail service: Download* e-mail application Gmail for Blackberry google.com/mobile/blackberry

5. Internet service: download* Opera browser. Option of downloading this through your Blackberry or your desktop computer at this website; operamini.com/download/

6. Some other application downloads* available and usable without Blackberry data service.
xxx8226; Viigo vigo.com
xxx8226; Google Apps: google.com/mobile/blackberry/
xxx8226; Google Sync: m.google.com/sync
xxx8226; Google Maps: m.google.com/maps

* Note: if your Blackberry device does not have WiFi service you may need to download the Blackberry applications by inserting someone else's Sim card (Blackberry data service enabled) into your Blackberry. Once downloaded these applications will work with your Sim card. With the CDMA technology Blackberrys (Verizon, Sprint, Telus, Bell, etc.), make sure you download these applications before disabling Blackberry data service.

Last edited by wallbus; 11-26-2008 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: add source for APN settings
Old 12-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #428
clive48
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: GSM

Hi
I am a
Code:
TATA CDMA user in India
and using 8830. I don't have BES plans. So pl tell em how can I use 8830 CDMA data services and what configuration I have to do.
Also pl tell me how do I install the various appliations mentioned above if I am NOT using BES data service for CDMA. GSM is blocked by
Code:
TATA

Last edited by clive48; 12-16-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #429
clive48

Model: 9800
Carrier: GSM

Hi
I have 8830 on CDMA1x. How do I configure Internet access without a BES plan? My operator dosn;t have APN. It only uses #777. Any sugestions - most welcome.
OS is 4.2.2.123. It has TCP option. Not sure if it works for CDMA though.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #430
Pastycat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange UK

hi,
does anyone have the apn settings for Orange UK?
can only see Cingular orange in the lists and not Orange uk

Ta muchly in advance!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #431
melly

Carrier: ACN
Default APN Australia

Hi does anyone know the APN settings for OPTUS Australia??
Cheers
Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #432
bai

Model: 8130
Carrier: Intertelecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive48 View Post
Hi
I have 8830 on CDMA1x. How do I configure Internet access without a BES plan? My operator dosn;t have APN. It only uses #777. Any sugestions - most welcome.
OS is 4.2.2.123. It has TCP option. Not sure if it works for CDMA though.
Hi, specially for you bb.anworm.com/Home/english
I have 8130 on CDMA
Old 01-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #433
lmorke

Model: 7130
Carrier: Rogers
Default Bb 7130

I have a Blackberry and don't have a data plan, I use the BB as a cell phone as the Rogers Data plans are way to expensive... I was wondering if there is anyway that I can pick up on my wireless internet access?? as if I could that would be great, plus i could maybe us it at hotspots around town.

Any help on this would be great!!
Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #434
Pastycat
Thumbs Must Hurt

the way i understand it is that you need to remove any IT policies you have on the phone (assuming you bought it used as removing a company IT policy when you work for them is a serious offence) using jl_cmder ( JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility ) and then download Opera browser to the phone and then make sure you have the relevant APN settings on the phone for your supplier (google "your carrier APN settings") and then you should be able to use it for browsing etc, although beware that your carrier maycharge you for it (often not a lot as it should work off a normal phone set up rather than the BB version),

this is how i have mine working without a data plan in the uk anyways,
hope that helps!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #435
dogfigaro

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

hi I have T-mobile (US) smart access, with no data plan,
t-zones works fine. my phone is a 8100.
I followed all the instructions, atp wap.voicestream.com with user/name password and also blank, reboot my phone several times,
opened Opera mini and still doesn't work.
the only thing I didn't was to set getaway ip and wap numbers, as I could not find where and how to change those.
please any help would appreciated
thanks
Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #436
spiderpc

Model: 8820
Carrier: Orange Romania
Unhappy BlackBerry 8820

I have a BlackBerry 8820 and I can't connect to internet. My operator is Orange Romania and the settings provided are:

APN: wap
Username for apn: orange
Password for apn: orange
Proxy server: 62.217.247.252:8799

I can't find where to insert the proxy server on the device. I have only the following fields in TCP: apn, username and password. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
BlackBerry TCP.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #437
Pastycat
Thumbs Must Hurt

mine for orange (uk) is
APn - orangeinternet
username - user
password - pass

got from here
GPRS information and UK settings

could be worth a try as it doesnt have any country codes by it??
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #438
scuzzilla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange France

hm, just a general question - the TCP access should be included in any "unlimited BB data plan", right?

The access that I'm using (found on another site):

Orange (France)
APN: orange.fr
Username: orange
Password: orange
Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #439
egyptianempire
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: three

Hi, does anyone know the settings for 3 (UK)??
Old 02-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #440
Pastycat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptianempire View Post
Hi, does anyone know the settings for 3 (UK)??
follow the link i posted 2 posts up and you should find the 3 settings