Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Annoying Automated Spanish Calls

Please Login to Remove!

Well, since this section isn't searchable, I really couldn't find anythign regarding this.

For quite some time (over a year is my guess) I've been getting calls from an out of area number (another area code, in another state or possibly international). At one point I was getting it once a day. I haven't had the calls in a while but I did get one this morning.

Here's what normally happens.

My phone ring and its from an unknow number (not blocked) and the phone area code is nothing i'm familiar with (another area). I answer and its an automated system of either a lady voice or male voice speaking in spanish. I don't speak spanish so I don't understand. The message places and the call disconnects after. I try call back the number and normally it doesn't work, I get either busy tone or "disconnect" tone or it won't go through, i'll get a message regarding international call and to call my operator (I have world wide roaming and international long distance enabled).

It's very annoying. If I don't pick up, it will go to my voicemail and leave the message. I had it saved once and let my friend who speaks spanish hear it. He said it was saying something about your call is imporant to us, please don't hang up and wait for a representative to come on the line. So sounds like a telemarketing thing.

Funny thing is most of the numbers, when I look up, seems like its florida based number, near miami. There were quite a few, and sometimes the same one would call. But I recieved one this morning like I said and thats why i'm bring it up. I googled the phone number and it popped up two results, their actually websites like "whocalledme" and unknow caller numbers where people leave comments on a annoying number. The number actually popped up and users were leaving comments regarding the same exact situation. Actually some were able to hit prompts or call back and actually speak to someone, were unsucessful in getting it removed.

So whats the deal with this? I want to find more about it cause its friggin' annoying. Has anyone gotten anything like this? Maybe someone can shed some light.

BTW, if your curious or keeping logs or just want to search, the number that called me was 586-473-6079

I think i'm going to start keeping a log of these.
Closed Thread