Old 06-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
8800bruin

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down Cingular/at&t delays delivering message to handhelds

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all-

I'm in Los Angeles, and am receiving everything into my blackberry delayed. I am the BES Admin for my company so I know it's not my BES, because Verizon, TMo and Sprint berrys are getting everything in realtime. Cingular berrys on the otherhand are delayed.

And it's not just emails coming from the BES. It's also, emails from my BIS accounts, Blackberry Messanger and even Pin to Pin messages! The delays range from 5-15 minutes, unless i kick start the data connection by either re-registering the handheld on the blackberry network or to force a connection by using the web browser.

I know this is a regional issue because Cingular users in my Orange County office are also affected, but New York isn't. I was in Las Vegas over the weekend and all of these delays magically disappeared. Also a buddy from Atlanta came into LA and his berry started to act delayed. I have opened tickets with Cingular and Blackberry trying to narrow the issue down. Blackberry's operations department thinks it has something to do with the "wireless transport". Just curious if anyone else is experiencing these delays.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
birddog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

We use Cingular and I see delays of about 10 seconds when watching my outlook inbox and my BB
Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
8800bruin

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A

It used to be about 10 seconds which is perfect, but it's been about 5-15 minutes lately for all messages, BIS, BES, Pin to Pin. I think it's a regional issue, but Cingular nor Blackberry want to accept that it's their service.

I've gone through 2 SIM cards and 2 different blackberry's...same thing!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
sahellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: Hole
Carrier: The New AT&T

Wow. I sometimes (alot of times) get my messages on my BB before my Outlook, and it is set to check every 5 minutes.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post
It used to be about 10 seconds which is perfect, but it's been about 5-15 minutes lately for all messages, BIS, BES, Pin to Pin. I think it's a regional issue, but Cingular nor Blackberry want to accept that it's their service.

I've gone through 2 SIM cards and 2 different blackberry's...same thing!

About a week ago here in CT I lost all data connectivity. When I traveled to another town (and another cell tower) -- everything magically reconnected perfectly.

It took Cingular/ATT a good 4 or 5 days to track this down -- I had to go through a solid 3 days of "Troubleshooting for Dummies" frontline support before I ultimately got passed to the right support people.

The only way I got them to take action was:

1. Take a trouble ticket #
2. Call 3 times per day for an update -- I'd call in the morning, lunch and right before leaving work

After two days of repeatedly calling to make sure the ticket was open (seems that the cell companies are fast to close tickets and pronounce the problem unfounded) I finally convinced them to send someone to check the tower.

Within 3 hours the tower data line was rebooted and things returned to normal.

I know this is a different problem but may be a similar method to provoke a cure.
Closed Thread