Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
confusedguy

Model: 9100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VODAFONE
Default the bridge is slow

Please Login to Remove!

so... i finally took the plunge and picked up the playbook...

i love the quality of the build etc etc... so i have no complaints there...

the only problem is that the bridge between my torch and the playbook is very slow in responding... also, once ive read an email on the torch.. it takes forever to reflect on the playbook...

any ideas on how one can fix this?

thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Re: the bridge is slow

which OS your running? Many ppl were complaining about its being slow until last OS update, apparently it has sorted bridge problem.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Grimlin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: K1
PIN: Positive Intrinsic Negative???
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah. Bridge 1.0.0.93 paired with device OS 6 and PB OS 1.06 appears to be tons better than before. I have no complaints about speed. It might help to remove your pairing on both devices and reestablish it. There may be something corrupted in your bridge cache.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
confusedguy

I am running the following:

torch with 6.0 build 695
PB 1.0.6.2390

i retried pairing them.. but its still slow.. almost like running remote desktop on a dial up connection
Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Even with everything current, the bridge is still buggy, in my experience. The snails paced bridge browser problem with the earlier OS seems to have been solved. But I still get the window popping up prompting me to save this or that when just simply loading a page.

On the bridge email, I see the same thing as the OP, still. Sometimes deleting an email happens right away, sometimes there is a second or two delay, and sometimes it doesn't show deleted until the app is closed and started again. When I've selected an email and go to the next, the first email sometimes changes to read right away, sometimes not, and sometimes changes to read upon selecting a third message; but, of course, the read/unread status is correct after closing the app and starting again.

I've also encountered the situation where I can scroll down some ways in my email inbox contents and then hit bottom, which isn't really bottom, instead far from it. I'll close the app, start again, restart the PlayBook, double-soft reset the BlackBerry, and none of that fixes it. I don't want to go to the trouble of un-pairing and re-pairing, so I say to hell with it and read my email on the BlackBerry. Then later it working again on its own and I can scroll down to the real bottom of my inbox. Go figure.

Anyway, to the OP, it isn't you...or most likely isn't you. The bridge apps have moments brilliance and then all the sudden buggy stuff is happening. If you can stick it out, it will get better, I predict.

EDIT: Also, regarding "slow" ... it is hard to say. Could be your data throughput between the BlackBerry smartphone and the network, and what speed it is connected at. If you are on EDGE, then the perception of being on dialup with the bridge browser isn't surprising. The speed with the smartphone connected via wifi should be almost as fast as the regular browser with the PlayBook connected to wifi.

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-08-2011 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
confusedguy

well...i rebooted everything... and the performance did improve... my torch has been acting really slow too (might be the cause of the bridge slowing down)

i will wait patiently for things to improve
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
rhamppy

Model: 9780

bb 9780 OS6 PB OS 1.0.7.2670 no problem with speed. still needs tweeks though. My POP3 e-mail sometimes won't load in the message window. I just get a white double pain with a green loading icon. when i select my exchange account it works fine, but choose POP3 account or all, I get white screen. This can last for 15 minutes or 4 hours. i know the messages have been loaded because if i click the notification in the top left of the main screen the message pops right up in it own window, press the return key and rightback to the white screen. Talked to support but they closed ticket when I reported it operating. they did not contact me when i sent e-mail problem still there. just a quirk, hope it is resolved with next upgrade
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
rhamppy

Model: 9780

update. rebooted 9780 and playbook. Cleared problem. all e-mail loaded with no problem. I have been toldpreviously that it was a good idea to shutdown/reboot all devices on a regular basis. At least every other day. Good luck.
Closed Thread