Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking View Post
Any report on progress for this app?
There wouldn't be. As far as I'm aware (and I've been using the RIM APIs for a while now) it isn't possible to make an app. that does this.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 AM   #22
gomobi

Model: NA
Carrier: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbrkr;
How about a PDF viewer...Not that crappy beamberry sruff. Perhaps acrobat reader for blackberries.
I know there is a Java Pdf viewer, but I am not sure it can run on Blackberry.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #23
NorCalVP
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
See original link here which was closed due to inactivity. Sorry for the delay (a year I guess?) but I took a job doing Java/JSP development and just couldn't come home to more Java in the evenings. But in the next month or so, I'm going to crack open this RIM JDE again and see what comes out. Place your suggestions here.

I have a request...

I work for a medical devices company in the field service department. They use the BB's as a dispatching system and send out an Email to us. We are supposed to follow a link to a website (SAP) and log in to accept or reject the service call. The site does not store the user name or place a cookie on the phone to keep you logged in. Entering the username and password is a bit of a pain in the ass when I am out and about doing 10 other things at the same time. If I didn't have to log in it would be much simpler to take the call.

Is there something you might be able to create to auto enter the user name and password on a specific website everytime it's visited?

Thanks
Steve
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #24
AxelE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
I'm liking a lot of these ideas. I think the first one that I'll try is the one that appeals most to my needs......a tracker for monthly data usage.
I just started to do some programming on BlackBerry ... so I do not have a lot of experience...

I tried some work on that, but I still miss a verification as I have to wait for my next bill to verify the figures I calculated over the last two weeks. One thing is very clear: Such a kind of application is not able to take into account the rounding done by the providers by cutting a GPRS connection for example.

As soon as I'm clearer I'll come back to the forum. I'll may post some screen shoots to my web site later today and publish the link here.

Best regards

AxelE

( a BlackBerry programming beginner )
Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #25
AxelE
Thumbs Must Hurt

As promised collected some screens and put them together on a web site.

MiniMoni - Traffic monitor

After some further testing and checking I'll publish a beta version, if it is of interest of anybody

Best regards

AxelE
Old 12-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #26
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
i want a simple idiot proof task screen.

__ Call Mary

__ check out new hole in road

__ buy potatoes

__ etc.

with simple check boxes for where the "__" are, checked to completed and it moves to bottom of the task list. I don't really care if it has due dates (would be good) and could be sent to calendar if someone wants it. Also, ability to send to email?

A very basic TO DO list.
Thats what I would like to have also.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #27
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalVP View Post
Is there something you might be able to create to auto enter the user name and password on a specific website everytime it's visited?
I can launch the browser (or create my own browser using an embedded BlackBerry Browser - I've done this before), wait for the browser to finish loading the page, and then use EventInjector to automatically paste text into the fields. A custom web browser wrapper around BlackBerry Browser is easiest because I can capture the page-finished-loading events (I've done it before). I can even 'snoop' the HTML, so I know how many klicks it is to tab to the form field via simulated trackwheel/trackball navigation.

It's doable, but it requires very liberal BES policy settings if your BlackBerry is on a BES. This app won't work on say, a government BlackBerry, but would work if your BlackBerry was not on a BES, or your BES admin approved of the application's requirements.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 12-13-2007 at 04:25 PM..
Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
NorCalVP
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post
I can launch the browser (or create my own browser using an embedded BlackBerry Browser - I've done this before), wait for the browser to finish loading the page, and then use EventInjector to automatically paste text into the fields. A custom web browser wrapper around BlackBerry Browser is easiest because I can capture the page-finished-loading events (I've done it before). I can even 'snoop' the HTML, so I know how many klicks it is to tab to the form field via simulated trackwheel/trackball navigation.

It's doable, but it requires very liberal BES policy settings if your BlackBerry is on a BES. This app won't work on say, a government BlackBerry, but would work if your BlackBerry was not on a BES, or your BES admin approved of the application's requirements.

Not to sound like a Noob... but can I get any more details or info from you? or is there a place I can read out attempting this? I'm a novice when it comes to programming, but am down to give it a try.

Steve
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalVP View Post
Not to sound like a Noob... but can I get any more details or info from you? or is there a place I can read out attempting this? I'm a novice when it comes to programming, but am down to give it a try.
It's pretty advanced programming in that it's not very easy to find. Just google my stuff here on BBF I did for BrowserField. Took me a while to figure out. Essentially you need to write your own browser that wraps around BlackBerry Browser, so you can have full control over the browsing (including images, CSS, JavaScript) while still using BlackBerry Browser as the renderer. RIM includes demo programs that demonstrates this.

However... I suggest trying simple projects first.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #30
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelE View Post
As promised collected some screens and put them together on a web site.

MiniMoni - Traffic monitor

After some further testing and checking I'll publish a beta version, if it is of interest of anybody

Best regards

AxelE
I'll test it out and report back to you on the accuracy. Do you have a download link as at the end of the page there is no link.

Last edited by mrking; 12-13-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #31
AxelE
Thumbs Must Hurt

mrking,

you have a PM.

BR AxelE
Old 12-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #32
SpectreBlofeld

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Is it possible to write a launcher program that will allow you to store your applications on the memory card (for BBs that have one), and launch them from the card, perhaps by first swapping them to device memory and executing the code?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #33
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: t-mobile

like i said in your thread this simply isn't possible. you don't need to post more than once.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #34
SpectreBlofeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
like i said in your thread this simply isn't possible. you don't need to post more than once.
In my thread? What thread? This is the first I've posted on this...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #35
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Sprint

I was one who originally posted first thread. You made an ASS out of U and ME, that is, assume. :P

Lol 2 guys with same idea.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #36
tedrex

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
i want a simple idiot proof task screen.

__ Call Mary

__ check out new hole in road

__ buy potatoes

__ etc.

with simple check boxes for where the "__" are, checked to completed and it moves to bottom of the task list. I don't really care if it has due dates (would be good) and could be sent to calendar if someone wants it. Also, ability to send to email?

A very basic TO DO list.
Amazing... I was just working on that for the last 6 months. Evenings, of course. It is still in beta, but if you can give me your email, I could send you copy for review/use. Email me at [email address]
Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #37

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrex View Post
Amazing... I was just working on that for the last 6 months. Evenings, of course. It is still in beta, but if you can give me your email, I could send you copy for review/use. Email me at [email address]
Sent you a PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #38
rnickel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I'm just about done creating a very basic task management program.

Here's how it works: grabs all the tasks that are in your current task program (so that the sync between your PC and BB works fine)

You then see the summary of the task with a checkbox beside it. When you check the box it's set as completed.

You can also add tasks through this program, and it adds them directly to the built in task system (and therefore my basic program - again, for sync purposes).

PM me if you're interested in beta testing it for me

Last edited by rnickel; 12-18-2007 at 06:42 PM..
Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #39
SpectreBlofeld

I'd like a very simple, free currency converter for my 8830.

There are currency converters out there built into other applications, like WorldMate, but I don't need the added functionality or want to pay the expense for the features I don't need.

Normally I just browse to xe.com and use the currency converter there, but when travelling internationally, you may not always have a data connection, so it'd be nice to have a converter that works offline. You could manually refresh the exchange rates at will when a connection is present.

Seems pretty simple to me, but then I'm no programmer.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #40
zs928

Model: 7100v
Carrier: 7100

I don't know English! only little!
Closed Thread