BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
97 MPWR

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Identifying and Removing Old State DB's

Please Login to Remove!

We have about 1200 state DB's on our Blackberry server....problem is we only have 900 active users. I was looking for a way to compare the profiles database (active users) and try and identify the orphaned state databases.

I found this from SearchDomino.com... (A batch file to back up all active-state BlackBerry databases)

A batch file to back up all active-state BlackBerry databases

It's not really what I want to do as I think it would be asking fro problems to move the active DB's to a different folder and then move them back. I was hoping I would be able to modify this code to provide me a list of the active (or inactive) state DB's so that they can be removed. However, after spending a few days on this, I've realized I don't have enough LotusScript knowledge to accomplish this.

Anyone have a similar process?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
HMAN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

Created another server, attach to the same BESMGMT database, move the users over to the new server, this will create a new database on the new server, delete old state DB on old server
Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 MPWR View Post
We have about 1200 state DB's on our Blackberry server....problem is we only have 900 active users. I was looking for a way to compare the profiles database (active users) and try and identify the orphaned state databases.

I found this from SearchDomino.com... (A batch file to back up all active-state BlackBerry databases)

A batch file to back up all active-state BlackBerry databases

It's not really what I want to do as I think it would be asking fro problems to move the active DB's to a different folder and then move them back. I was hoping I would be able to modify this code to provide me a list of the active (or inactive) state DB's so that they can be removed. However, after spending a few days on this, I've realized I don't have enough LotusScript knowledge to accomplish this.

Anyone have a similar process?
Have you actually try out the script at all? It already create a list of active state databases in the resultant BAT file. Only by running the DOS BAT file will then execute the actual move; the LotusScript itself does not perform the move. I would suggest to give it a try; it is a pretty simple and neat solution.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
x14

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

This is what I do.

1. In the BlackBerry Profiles DB create a view so you can see the state db field in a column. Export it to a .csv.

2. In the BES do a "dir -b > db.csv" to get a list of all the state db.

3. In Excel use the VLOOKUP function to compare the 2 list of db.

4. Create a bat to delete the unnecessary file.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
97 MPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Have you actually try out the script at all? It already create a list of active state databases in the resultant BAT file. Only by running the DOS BAT file will then execute the actual move; the LotusScript itself does not perform the move. I would suggest to give it a try; it is a pretty simple and neat solution.
I did create a local replica and attempted to run the script, but I kept getting errors (Illegal file number) I am by no means a developer and I have no idea where to start in trying to fix the code.

Were you able to run the script? All I need is the list of orphaned state DB's.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
x14

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Here's an example of the spreadsheet. Delete the the files with "#N/A" in column B.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StateDB.zip (35.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
97 MPWR

Thanks for your help x14. All is good now. The orphaned DB's have been removed.
Closed Thread