Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangta01
kind of ironic, but here is the pricing for the three carriers for BES:

T-mobile - $39.99
Cingular - $44.99
Verizon - $49.99

Seems to be consistent with their reputations for pricing plans..
I pay $29.99 for TMO BES. Started out with the basic $19.98 BB unlimited then my company put me on their BES. I know there is a non voice BB unlimited plan, maybe that is what you guys keep quoting???
Old 12-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #42
tfaz1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I pay $29.99 for TMO BES. Started out with the basic $19.98 BB unlimited then my company put me on their BES. I know there is a non voice BB unlimited plan, maybe that is what you guys keep quoting???
Exactly.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #43
VidGameKing

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Man... I'm paying too much with cingular...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #44
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

It's amazing how much better Tmobile BIS is. I now have all 7 of my email accounts including aol and gmail working. I will admit Cingular does have a slight edge in coverage(I can tell because I get the SOS on my Blackberry at times when I am in a Cingular only area). This does not happen often though. Tmobile CS and pricing is worlds above Cingular. I have had nothing but nightmares dealing with Cingular and hope I never have to give a dime to them.

If you are a large corp and only use BES and the clients don't have to deal with CS then Cingular may be better because the only advantage they have is the coverage.

Just my .02
Old 12-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #45
djseto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

$69 on TMo for 600 anytime, Unlimited Nights and Weekends and unlimited BIS (not enterprise) blackberry data. No one even comes close to that which is the only reason I went to Tmo when I moved to a BB device.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #46
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

I'm on $69 for 1000 anytime, Bes, Bis, Unlimited sms/data. Same with Cingular is close to $100.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #47
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto
$69 on TMo for 600 anytime, Unlimited Nights and Weekends and unlimited BIS (not enterprise) blackberry data. No one even comes close to that which is the only reason I went to Tmo when I moved to a BB device.

In reality T-mobiles BBcombo plans are not their best deal. A better deal (my set-up in fact):

1500 anytime + Unlimited N&W = 49.99
Unlmited Blackberry data BIS = 19.99

Total package = $69.98. Same price 900 anytime minutes for free. The only disadvantage is that the BBcombo plans come with unlmited SMS so if you use the SMS feature heavily you will have to add add an nominal SMS plan to my package. Anyway, T-mobile has the best deal going BY FAR. Plus no hassles with getting the regular BBBrowser and no troubles tethering, inlcuding EDGE with the 8700c. Coverage is just fine unless you are in a rural area, even then I have had real good luck with tmobiles roaming.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #48
justelise
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700c

I left T-Mobile almost two years ago because their coverage in my area (Orlando/Kissimmee border in FL) is marginal at best. I think their coverage has gotten a little better, but I still can't beat Cingular for voice/data coverage in all of the places I use my device. The cheap data rates on T-Mo are great and all, but I actually make phonecalls too and I've had terrible luck in that arena with T-Mobile.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #49
justelise
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700c

To be totally honest (pardon the double posting), aside from Verizon whom I will never do business with (I abhor CDMA and I don't like their customer service at all), Cingular has the widest coverage in my area. I know people with Cingular, Verizon, and Nextel blackberries, and Cingular and Verizon are neck and neck when it comes to coverage. Nextel is a distant third and probably tied with T-Mobile, but Nextel's coverage might be bolstered by the Sprint acquisition.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #50
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

That is a good deal as you get more mins but I would have to add 10 for bes and 10 for sms as I use these religiously. Guess it depends on you usage needs. I never use more then 1000 a month.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #51
djseto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
In reality T-mobiles BBcombo plans are not their best deal. A better deal (my set-up in fact):

1500 anytime + Unlimited N&W = 49.99
Unlmited Blackberry data BIS = 19.99

Total package = $69.98. Same price 900 anytime minutes for free. The only disadvantage is that the BBcombo plans come with unlmited SMS so if you use the SMS feature heavily you will have to add add an nominal SMS plan to my package. Anyway, T-mobile has the best deal going BY FAR. Plus no hassles with getting the regular BBBrowser and no troubles tethering, inlcuding EDGE with the 8700c. Coverage is just fine unless you are in a rural area, even then I have had real good luck with tmobiles roaming.
Oops...im $59 a month..but for $10 more...1500 minutes might be worth it..even though i dont use the 600 i have now since I have an office phone.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #52
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp

justelise, You are right Cingular has the more wider coverage. But one thing that one time T-mo people told me was that T-mo has coverage/roaming agreement with AT&T which isnot Cingular. so in a way we as T-mo customers should get all the coverage from T-mo PLUS the coverage provided by CIngular thru roaming.
In that way I think it will make lot more sense to have the complete coverage and for 19.99 per month for BB instead of 49.99 from cingular
I know t-mo has roaming agreement with AT*T because I got my last months bill and it has some data usage thru AT*T network.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #53
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

I do not miss the buzzing on my speakers from the Cingular SIM that tmobile does not cause. I am required to have my speakers on for certain applications at work and would not be able to use Cingular unless I moved it far from the speaker. Tmobile is nice and quiet. My coworkers are jelous because they all have Cingular.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #54
hondacrvaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular/at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangta01
kind of ironic, but here is the pricing for the three carriers for BES:

T-mobile - $39.99
Cingular - $44.99
Verizon - $49.99

Seems to be consistent with their reputations for pricing plans..
and Sprint @ $44.99
Old 12-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #55
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

I pay 39 from cingular. I think those prices are if you just get the BB cause with cingular you get a cheaper price with a voice plan on it and/or being a business customer with X number of lines.
Closed Thread