BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
ljb1986

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Blackberry Storm 9500 on o2-need help with internet and mms

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, Sorry it this is just me being completely female but i'm having trouble with my new blackberry storm.
I bought it on vodafone (uk) and had it unlocked to o2 (uk) on pay and go. I downloaded service packs for the storm but still cannot connect to the internet or send mms. I was told by o2 that i needed to be on a contract to be able to get a blackberry data plan in order for the internet and mms options to work, but i am very reluctant to get a contract as i have an incredibly good deal with my pay and go tarrif.
I have seen on some forums that a generic data plan can be used instead to gain internet access, but thats where i get stuck.
Any help on how i can resolve this problm would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

firstly, wrong place to post.
secondly service packs? you mean upgraded the OS?

and thirdly, yes it MAY work on a generic data plan, but a BB data plan is best.
Most often than not you cannot get a data plan of any kind (generic or BB) without a contract.

you want the phone to work fully, get a contract.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
ljb1986

Sorry i'm new to this forum business and blackberry, just wanted some advice. I have managed to get opera mini onto my blackberry which is fine for me as it means i dont have to change my sim. But i was wondering if you know if it is possible to send mms via opera mini as a possible solution to my query.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

opera mini is a browser.
MMS is a type of message sent over your mobile network.
the 2 cannot be used together.

to use MMS you need a service book for it. (a blackberry thing to make a service work).
you will not get this service book without a BB data plan.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Cr-Photography

Carrier: Orange

you'll struggle to get all the features to work on o2 pay and go.

only pay and go networks in the UK that support it are orange and T-mobile.

Personally i'm with orange using my bold (get my storm on monday!) and haven't had a single problem with internet/mms/e-mail etc.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

t-mobile only support it if you buy the BB they are offering.
They dont offer BIS on payg if you just go get a payg sim card.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
mazzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Hi i did exactly the same thing- go on to a simplicity monthly rolling contract and opt for the free, yes, free blackberry support, you will be up and running in no time- 02's 3G is really good BTW, (dont know what all those iphone owners are on about)
cheers
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
cutters

Carrier: o2 payandgo

you dont even need to go on simplicity monthly rolling contract check this site out "http: //bb.anworm.com/ Home/service- book" im on o2 pay as you go and i have the whole lot working sat nav everything just do as they say and add the tpc settings for which ever network sim you have in and it will all works...... this works for any network............
Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
t-mobile only support it if you buy the BB they are offering.
They dont offer BIS on payg if you just go get a payg sim card.
you dont even need to go on simplicity monthly rolling contract check this site out "http :// bb.anworm.com/ Home/service- book" im on o2 pay as you go and i have the whole lot working sat nav everything just do as they say and add the tpc settings for which ever network sim you have in and it will all works...... this works for any network............
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb1986 View Post
Hi all, Sorry it this is just me being completely female but i'm having trouble with my new blackberry storm.
I bought it on vodafone (uk) and had it unlocked to o2 (uk) on pay and go. I downloaded service packs for the storm but still cannot connect to the internet or send mms. I was told by o2 that i needed to be on a contract to be able to get a blackberry data plan in order for the internet and mms options to work, but i am very reluctant to get a contract as i have an incredibly good deal with my pay and go tarrif.
I have seen on some forums that a generic data plan can be used instead to gain internet access, but thats where i get stuck.
Any help on how i can resolve this problm would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks
you dont even need to go on simplicity monthly rolling contract check this site out "http :// bb.anworm.com/Home/ service-book" im on o2 pay as you go and i have the whole lot working sat nav everything just do as they say and add the tpc settings for which ever network sim you have in and it will all works...... this works for any network............
Old 01-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Bumblebee_08

Model: 9250
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutters View Post
you dont even need to go on simplicity monthly rolling contract check this site out "http: //bb.anworm.com/ Home/service- book" im on o2 pay as you go and i have the whole lot working sat nav everything just do as they say and add the tpc settings for which ever network sim you have in and it will all works...... this works for any network............
Hi, i just purchased a blackberry storm 2 and unlocked it to the O2 network. I do not have the data package. I tried to figure out the link and how to get the internet on without paying as i have the unlimited internet and text package from O2 but i find myself completely lost. Could you help me further please