Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
saldous
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm, Bold or Curve?! >.<

Please Login to Remove!

My 8830 has died and my company have asked which device I want and I have no clue. I was tempted at the curve for its size, but the Storm looks about the same size, and the Bold is pretty close to my current 8830 size. So I don't know what to choose. Any advice? I played with a Storm in the store but the rotation of the scrren was really sluggish / laggy and it didn't give me a snappy feel. I don't know if this is improved with newer versions of the OS or not.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask

The Curve is a GREAT phone. But go play with the Storm again. I was just at VZW and the display models were running ALOT better with .75 in them.

I have an assigned Curve at my job which I used for about 3 weeks until I got my personal Storm. I can navigate my Storm faster with the touch screen than I did with my roller/clicker on the Curve. The bigger screen on the Storm is nicer - no more squinting. I initially missed the physical Qwerty but now I definitely prefer the landscape touch Qwerty on the Storm.

Both of the phones are great. I prefer the Storm. I think its different for everyone. But go test drive the Storm again. I think you'll be impressed.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
bkeen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

Yeah, you really need to get your hands on the devices to compare them. The other thing you need to keep in mind is that the Bold is not offered by Verizon so if your company only uses Verizon, the Bold is out. The law firm I work for and provide BB Support uses ATT and Verizon. Our users that have the Bold really like them and we haven't seen a lot of problems with either the Bold or Storm on the BES except for user who dropped his Bold in a cup of coffee.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
saldous

Model: 8830

My company use Verizon, Sprint and AT&T so I can go which ever way I want to which is nice. Hopefully I will avoid the coffee cups with whatever I pick!

Thanks for your comments all. I'm going to the Verizon store tomorrow to have another play with a Storm to see if it is any better.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Digitel

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8320)

Ihave used the Storm and is very slow rotating the screen and the keyboard initially is very unconfortable
Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: The Tail on the Mod

I'd give the Storm a shot.

The newer OS's address many of the reported issues, and quite well. You might want to go back in and see what version that Storm was running. If it was .75 or earlier (esp .65), the are much improvements in leaked OS's since then.

If you don't have the latitude to play with leaks due to any company policy, I imagine it won't be much longer before we see an official release by Verizon.

Whatever your decision, best of luck and enjoy whatever new BB you get!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
michael12005

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A

If I buy a Storm and it has the original software, how easy is it to upgrade to the latest software, and why would not the Verizon store do this to all their Storms before selling them?
Closed Thread