BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #21
michael.kaplan1

Model: e61
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry Michael but I do not the exact release date for this software.

This was just sent to me regarding BBC from Nokia.....doesnt look too good.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #22
sneakerpimp

Model: 7100R

i read it in the HOFO forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountZero
Mmm... where do you hear that? According to Nokia, the BBC software (whenever it is released) will do both BIS and BES.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #23
CountZero

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakerpimp
i read it in the HOFO forums.
I can't post URL yet, but go to www dot businesssoftware dot nokia.com slash blackberry.php
Old 05-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
sabesh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.kaplan1
One other thing. Does anyone know how to set this up so it is constantly checking for mail on its own and youre not obligated to manually check every time you want email?
I'm having a similar issue. I have a Fastmail IMAP account (with IDLE support) setup on the E61. Menu/Tools/Settings/Connection/Packet Data is at "When available".

However, I have to "connect" each time I need to retrieve email. Can someone please tell me how to keep the GPRS connection alive at all times? Thx, Sabesh.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #25
michael.kaplan1

The BlackBerry client for Nokia E60, E61 and E70 arrives in the next few weeks. Please stay tuned

THis is the message at that web site....
Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
wallyn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I have the same problem keeping the gprs connection alive. Its the same with the wifi. Also noticed that the range is not great with wifi.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #27
michael.kaplan1

Sabesh. when you or anyone figures this out please let us all know. IT seems ludicrous to keep checking every time if you do or dont have email...
Old 05-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #28
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: AT&T

If it's the same as any other Series 60....than you need to set up an e-mail pop3 account and than go into e-mail settings. In the settings there should be something called Automatic retrieval. You need to set that up. The GPRS connection does not stay alive. What it does is it checks in intervals for new e-mail to pull from your server. Hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #29
sabesh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default email connection and network switching working

A bit buggy, but I've got persistent email connection (IMAP)and network switching working for the most part. Here's how:

To enable a constant connection (IMAP) to a remote server:

Menu/ Messaging/ <email acct>/ Options/ E-mail settings/ Automatic retrieval (Always enabled; Every day, All day, Every 5 minutes)

To setup auto switching between a defined WLAN and GPRS:

Menu/ Tools/ Settings/ Connection/ Access Points (define WLAN & note or setup GPRS Access Point --> "Rogers Internet" in my case).

Menu/ Tools/ Settings/ Connection/ Access Point groups/ Options/ New group (Group name = "grp1"; Conn. switching = Shown; Access Points <add wlan connection & GPRS connection "Rogers Internet" in my case.)

Menu/ Tools/ Settings/ Connection/ Packet data/ Packet data conn. <When available>

Menu/ Messaging/ <email acct>/ Options/ E-mail settings/ Connection settings/ Incoming E-mail/ Access point in user (choose "grp1")

As you can see, s60 network settings are all over the place. Quite a pain to setup as compared to the Treo 650 / ChatterMail combo. I also notice that the E61's initial firmware is buggy. My phone hung when I manually disconnected from WiFi when auto switching was enabled. Oh well ..
Old 05-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #30
wallyn

Carrier: at&t

My phone hung as well in the exact same circumstance. There is a setting in data call where you can set the parameters for the length of the connection. The default is 5 minutes but it can be set to always on.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #31
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile & AT&T

My E61 has not hanged yet! Though on several occassions, it says it ran out of memory even though I don't have anything running. I suppose the memory management needs to be worked on.

Also I was able to get my Exchange Server emails. However comparing to the BB, it is not very well implemented. For example, on the BB, even when I respond to email on my laptop, I still get a copy of the BB but this is not the case on my E61 using "Mail for Exchange."

On a different note, I like the 8700g form factor a lot more than the E61. The E61 is a little too wide and I miss the track wheel on the 8700.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:02 AM   #32
CChoi83

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRFGuy
On a different note, I like the 8700g form factor a lot more than the E61. The E61 is a little too wide and I miss the track wheel on the 8700.
The size doesn't really bother me that much although it's pretty much as big as I would go in terms of width and height. Thickness or rather thinness is great! I do agree with you strongly about the track wheel though. I really miss it. Thank God that I still have my 8700c. The keyboard is awesome though. I love the feel.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #33
Jaguarandine

Model: 8700g

E61 is out!! I've been really wondering how this thing is. Anyone willing to do a review and/or some comparisons to the 8700 or Treo?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #34
silji

Model: 7100T

I got my E61 few days ago . It is great . I love it . Does anyone know if there is any wireless sync software which I can synch Lotus Notes Domino emails and Calander . I am aslo looking for a sametime client which runs on my E61. Thanks for any lead!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #35
tomh009

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRFGuy
Also I was able to get my Exchange Server emails. However comparing to the BB, it is not very well implemented. For example, on the BB, even when I respond to email on my laptop, I still get a copy of the BB but this is not the case on my E61 using "Mail for Exchange."
This without BB Connect, right? So it's not really the comparison most of us want ... : )
Old 05-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #36
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

I got my E61 a couple of days ago. It's fantastic device, since I'm use to symbian and the screen size is great. The only thing I miss is the scroll Wheel............oh and also the BB Connect!!! NOKIA WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE IT
Old 05-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #37
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile & AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025
I got my E61 a couple of days ago. It's fantastic device, since I'm use to symbian and the screen size is great. The only thing I miss is the scroll Wheel............oh and also the BB Connect!!! NOKIA WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE IT
Yea...it's a good device. What's interesting is emails arrives faster than my blackberry 8700g from the exchange server!
Another comment I have is that the battery is not as good as the blackberry device which I ended up having to order an extra battery.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #38
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah......agreed about the battery, but I can charge my phone every other day and it doesn't bother me. I've e-mailed Nokia several times now to see when BIS will be available for download so I can finally use my blackberry account which is on idle right now. Up until now no response. I did see a pic of the phone E61/E62 with BB on it from blackberry cool website. I'm wondering if they are just in final testing. The picture from BB cool was taken a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #39
sblackburn

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BBConnect on Nokia E61

I was actually hoping someone could tell me how to get it working ! I have a newly flashed E61 with the BBConnect software installed but the accompanying Desktop software keeps whining that either the device isn't connected to my laptop (is!) or the Blackberry software isn't running. Now how I tell between installed but not running I don't know.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 PM   #40
jmejonesnovo

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I got mine last week and love it cautiously, because of no BB connect. That will be the difference maker. I've done the same with emailing Nokia with no response. I've also seen an E61 pic from WES with BB connect loaded. I just hope its better than the one on the 9300 which sucks from every review I've seen. The shi--- thing about not having the BB connect is I might not be able to return the damn phone because the BB Connect won't come out until after the return period has ended.