BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #161
CChoi83
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Super Mod vs Super Mod, drag strip junkie vs drag strip junkie (I'm assuming here)... this is way too cool.

BTW, since this is my first month using Cingular, I also have the:

NETWORK ACCESS (don't know if that has to do with data or voice)
BLACKBERRYCONNECTUNL $44.99
/BLACKBERRY CONNECT WAP $0.00
BLACKBERRYCONNECTUNL $0.00

I couldn't get Ramble and Opera to work soa fter searching and searching the forum, I tried calling Cingular today but they were closed. So I took a shot (no, not alcohol) and configured my TCP settings to wap.cingular and put in the username and pw. Shut it off. Pulled the battery for about a minute then powered it back on. Everything worked fine. My usage details for both voice and data aren't up on Cingular's site so I'm just waiting to see what'll happen.

BTW, I don't want to get off topic but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If I'm NOT signed up for MediaNet, and I'm using the Cingular Browser (not purchasing anything on it though from Cingular), is that alright? Or will I get charged for using/browsing? On Cingular's site, it states that MediaNet is only available on the BB 7100g and 7290. I'm assuming that the Cingular Browser on my 8700c is only for just that, browsing. Correct?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #162
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

You do not need MediaNet to browse with Cingular on your 8700. But beware, you MAY indeed get charged if you use third party apps without a BES...
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 AM   #163
CChoi83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
You do not need MediaNet to browse with Cingular on your 8700. But beware, you MAY indeed get charged if you use third party apps without a BES...
Yup, well aware of it Seattle18. Thanks. I think I've read like every thread on this now... and I just joined yesterday.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #164
SuperC1

Model: 7100g

I think I want my razor back....
Old 05-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #165
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just dump Cingular and go to a carrier that truly has unlimited data plan--T-Mobile, or Verizon, or Sprint, or Alltel, etc. Then, you won't have to worry about the overage fees.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #166
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

ok...im in the same boat as you fellas. i just put in apn settings on my blackberry 7100g phone today to get some bbweather program to work.

i called cingular rep to verify if my unlimited plan include email/internet/data connect and they said i have all of the above. so i ask them how was i able to surf the web using the cingular browser when the phone didnt have any apn settings. they said it must have use the blackberry services. any email from work get forwarded to my blackberry by using the blackberry redirector.

so my question is, was it true that i was using blackberry services to surf the web? but what about now since i put in the apn settings...which setting will i use to surf the web on my phone? i heard some website are not able to display on cingular browser, thus needing the apn setting? from reading this thread, i have a gut feeling that the rep i just talk to dont know.

and least and not all is...WILL I GET CHARGED A HUGE PHONE BILL FOR PUTTING IN THE APN SETTINGS? or will i have to wait for next month phone bill to find out? thx in advance.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #167
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: T + PINT = QUART

Cingular has Data Services reps that handle these questions specifically. If you talked to a regular rep, you could get three different answers in the same conversation.

There's a number specifically for Data Services, but I don't recall it off-hand.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #168
trini2dboneny

Model: 8330
Carrier: VeriZon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle
Cingular has Data Services reps that handle these questions specifically. If you talked to a regular rep, you could get three different answers in the same conversation.

There's a number specifically for Data Services, but I don't recall it off-hand.
there is no longer a number but in the ivr u can select data services, the truth is the only reason u would be charged for data if u have a unlimited data plan is if
1 u have xprs pay per use as a data feature on your account, or the network did not provide u with the correct apns and u can call in to cingular and they can look up these settings for u, make sure u have the correct apns on the account or it won't work properly.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #169
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

im looking on my cingular bills now and it has this:

/FT9NATPSECONDARY 05/06-06/05 9.99 9.99

Includes:
BASIC VOICEMAIL-N/C
CALL FORWARDING N/C
CALL HOLD
CALL WAITING N/C
CALLER ID N/C
DATA VOLUME DETAILED BILLING
DETAILED BILLING N/C
MULTIMEDIA PAY PER USE
TEXT MSG PAY PER USE
THREE PARTY CALLING N/C
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE

looking at the last line...so i guess i have wrlss intrnt xprs pay per use. so im gonna get a $1000 phone bill then?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #170
trini2dboneny

Model: 8330
Carrier: VeriZon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc
im looking on my cingular bills now and it has this:

/FT9NATPSECONDARY 05/06-06/05 9.99 9.99

Includes:
BASIC VOICEMAIL-N/C
CALL FORWARDING N/C
CALL HOLD
CALL WAITING N/C
CALLER ID N/C
DATA VOLUME DETAILED BILLING
DETAILED BILLING N/C
MULTIMEDIA PAY PER USE
TEXT MSG PAY PER USE
THREE PARTY CALLING N/C
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE

looking at the last line...so i guess i have wrlss intrnt xprs pay per use. so im gonna get a $1000 phone bill then?
remove the WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE and put wix data connect 0.00 and advise the rep to makke sure u have the wap.cingular apn, do u have a bb data plan?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #171
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

yes i have unlimited BB data plan. according to the rep, they told me i have unlimited email/internet/data connect.

so do i still need to remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE? please someone let me know ASAP.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #172
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
yes i have unlimited BB data plan. according to the rep, they told me i have unlimited email/internet/data connect.

so do i still need to remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE? please someone let me know ASAP.
If your plan was set up by a rep. who says access to the WAP APN is included in the Blackberry plan, and it was thus set up properly to allow you access to the WAP APN, then yes, you should have them remove the WIX Pay Per Use or you will be charged.

The easiest way to test and see if you were set up with access to the WAP APN would be to have them remove the WIX PPU line and then you use a third party app. which relies on the WAP APN. If it works you're golden.

If it doesn't work, either you keep trying to get your plan set up the right way, you leave the WIX PPU line on and pay per KB, or you sign up with a hosted Exchange service and use MDS.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #173
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

GREAT NEWS!!!

i just called cingular and ask them why i see WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE since i have unlimited data plan on my bill statement. they said there is a mistake...dont know who's fault is it, either my company or them. and they will get back to me on over usage charge since last year of april!!!! by in the mean time they have remove the WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE on my phone so i wont be charge in the future.

i just save my company a sh*tload of money!!!!

Last edited by vincentnyc; 05-23-2006 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #174
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

ok another question since they remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE feature on my phone. my question is, i put the cingular apn setting on my phone in order to get a bbweather program to work. so is it still ok to leave it there or do i need to remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE feature on my phone? any1 know this answer?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #175
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

There goes that new or good rep again. She not fired yet?

JK, good to hear...
Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #176
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
ok another question since they remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE feature on my phone. my question is, i put the cingular apn setting on my phone in order to get a bbweather program to work. so is it still ok to leave it there or do i need to remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE feature on my phone? any1 know this answer?
You don't need to remove WIX PPU on your phone. If Cingular said they're going to remove it from your account that's all you need.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #177
Starkad

Model: 7100t

Hi all,

I lurk mostly, but weighing in on this issue now...

I am a Blackberry Admin for a large (29,000 employee) company. I am the sole support for over 400 blackberry units (from 7280s up through 8700s), and climbing. We use Cingular (though that is a rocky relationship, due to some massive errors they have made).

Granted, I run a BES, but I know in IT alone there are 10 people that are also utilizing WAP to connect and run/test apps (including myself).

Regardless... I just emailed my account rep, his manager, and the district manager for corporate accounts, to get some clarity on this. They were stunned to find out there were unlisted hidden charges, and they are calling THEIR management, to get further clarity. At first kick, they agreed with me - hidden charges are bogus, and that they should not be there.

I'll let you know what I find out, but I agree with everyone here about these charges.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #178
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

ok there is another problem today. yesterday i put in cingular apn setting in my blackberry 7100g in order to get bbweather program to work due to the infamous error "can't open tunnel." after i put in the apn setting it works. the apn settings i used yesterday are:

APN: wap.cingular
Username: [email address]
Password for APN: CINGULAR1

now last nite, i called cingular up to remove WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00 because i already have unlimited data plan. then according to someone here, i should tell them to add WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00. so the rep told me since i already have unlimited data already i shouldn't need it and he won't add anything until my credit is resolved in like a week. and on another post is said to add WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00 to.

so right now i dont have the following:
WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00

so the problem is this morning...i tried to use the bbweather program again. but i got the same error message as yesterday "can't open up tunnel." but my apn settings are in my blackberry. and my google talk on my bb still work. so my question is why my google talk work and not my bbweather program? or do i need to call cingular back to add WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00 and
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00. or 1 of them, if only 1, which one?

can someone let me know asap! thx in advance.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 05-24-2006 at 09:21 AM..
Old 05-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #179
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

can someone know an answer for this ^^^^? i really want to get bbweather program to work before i go to europe this sat.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #180
KonTiki

PIN: 007

Did you do a hard reset on your BB after the changes, you have to think along the lines of a pc rebooting after changes in many cases with software here and in particular bbweather.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread