Old 10-27-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
besadmin23
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Exchange Mailbox Move/Blackberry Functional afterward

Please Login to Remove!

Calling all experts...
3-2 Active/Passive Exchange 2003 cluster. 4 Storage Groups per server. 5 Information Stores per Storage Group. 4th and 5th Information Store per Storage Group has advanced Quota attributes so to accomplish Quota increase we perform a mailbox move to new Information Store. Don't start on my about just increasing the Quota. We are a big shop and this is the way it is. When performing a mailbox move on the same server, BES will not pick up on the move even with handheldcleanup.exe unless I restart the dispatcher. The only way handheldcleanup.exe works is if mailbox is moved to different server (Since then the DN changes for the user). Dispatcher restart does fix the BB so it functions again but... Problem... When dispatcher is restarted the Hard Delete message count is re-initiated so hard deletes don't function to the 500 limit I have it set to.

Anyone know how to make the BES find the user without any of the above steps so that hard deletes aren't reset? Would rather not have to remove and re-add user to the BES although I have thought about it.

Many Thanks

Last edited by besadmin23; 10-27-2006 at 12:48 AM..
Closed Thread