Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
bl0rb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile DE
Default NotifyLink Questions??

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings from Germany...

Does anybody know if I need a Blackberry Enterprise Server or Professional Server to use Blackberrys with the NotifyLink Software.

NotifyLink BlackBerry Device Client:
Link

Enterprise Server Installation Guide for Scalix:
Link

thanks a million!!!

Bl0rb
Old 05-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
mrn

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0rb View Post
Greetings from Germany...

Does anybody know if I need a Blackberry Enterprise Server or Professional Server to use Blackberrys with the NotifyLink Software.

NotifyLink BlackBerry Device Client:
Link

Enterprise Server Installation Guide for Scalix:
Link

thanks a million!!!

Bl0rb
hi:
we use notifylink for our email, calc etc. One does not need Blackberry enterprise server at all for notifylink. You can use BIS for the data. However you will need a your own servers to process the mail to be sent to the BB or you can have notify do the server hosting.

good luck
mrn
Old 05-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

As mentioned, you do not need a BES installed. We use NotifyLink in conjunction with BES. We have some high-end users that have 2 email accounts with GroupWise that they would like to have on their blackberry. We have this in place for that very purpose. The nice thing about this is that it keeps both accounts completely separate. However, having both installed can be pretty costly considering licensing fees and such.

Best of luck to you!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
marg5

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Hope it's okay that I add a question to this thread, I had to do a system reboot yesterday and install the latest OS b/c everything crashed on me. And now, I'm trying to install NotifyLink but it says: "The device is missing the following modules: net_rim_bb_docview" Is there any way to get this "docview" I would hate to reboot and reinstall everything again. Any ideas? Thank you!!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
londonweb

Model: 8310
Carrier: t-mobile
Default NotifyLink Deployment Options

Hi from the UK

In answer to the original question you don't need BES to run NotifyLink. You can just use NotifyLink by itself "On Premise" and now you can get Notifylink "On Demand". We provide an "On Demand" service from the UK. We have also put some videos up explaining how it works in both scenarios.

See our page London Web NotifyLink - What is NotifyLink? for more information.

Best Wishes

Jamie Easterman
Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
ncbnetworks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 220880d4e
Carrier: Rogers
Default NotifyLink client reinstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg5 View Post
Hope it's okay that I add a question to this thread, I had to do a system reboot yesterday and install the latest OS b/c everything crashed on me. And now, I'm trying to install NotifyLink but it says: "The device is missing the following modules: net_rim_bb_docview" Is there any way to get this "docview" I would hate to reboot and reinstall everything again. Any ideas? Thank you!!
Try reinstalling the NL client and be sure to select the free document viewers during the install. You should be able to launch the exisiting NL install wizard on your device. Support is free 1-330-702-3070.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
mrn

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg5 View Post
the module "net_rim_bb_docview" is part of the OS. I would suggest you try to reinstall the OS on your blackberry again.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
kirban

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

The problem is that you have a missing module which is not ALWAYS part of the original install (or the Original OS). The module you need to install is "Blackberry Attachment Service" which contains the files you require. You don't have to wipe the blackberry for this, just install this module.

My issue was when I tried to install Notifylink on my Blackberry. The first application installed fine but then when the actual client was trying to install it gave me the same error.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
digifiend

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

I recently upgraded my BB 8830WE (Verizon) to 4.5, I am now left with no Blackberry Attachment Service. How do I install just that module? I don't see it as an available option in 4.7 DM. Can I get it from someplace other than Verizon since 4.5 isn't officially supported? I need the attachment service for a NotifyLink install.

Thanks!
Closed Thread